Louie was on Joe Rogan's podcast. It was really interesting hearing about his dealings with the Church of Scientology...

Louie was on Joe Rogan's podcast. It was really interesting hearing about his dealings with the Church of Scientology. Did anyone else watch it?

youtube.com/watch?v=uXyS-74sRTE

Louis Theroux general, I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZabjNlrOEo
youtube.com/watch?v=qrdttfch9Q0&t=11450
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too long

Can't multitask? It's a podcast, put it on in the background while you browse /tb/ or whatever.

Just fucking tell me what happened Joe.

There's a tuberculosis board now?

not the best JRE episode that came out in the past like 48 hours. Louis is great but confined in a podcast like this is boring, i want to see him following Rogan around doing other stuff.

>what are you drinking their Joe?
>what's in it? i've never heard of alpha brain before
>oh in two double blind placebo studies, that's good i assume?
>I like your sculpture of a gorilla face
>oh you use it to exercise?
>joe, how long are you going to stay in the flotation tank?

The Hannibal episode was good, i want to see the argument between him and Sam Harris

i read all that green text in louie's voice

ATTENTION !!!!!

Which Louis Theroux are essential?

>hannibal talking about stalking the chick
>hannibal talking about fucking the groupie
>hannibal talking about wanting to fight the guy

He acts like a real nigger

All.

HI WOOWEE

youtube.com/watch?v=BZabjNlrOEo

is scientology the most low hanging fruit in existence?

Perhaps. But it's a juicy-ass fruit.

He should do one on islam.

He said he was looking into radical islam in the uk, but due to laws it would just be people snitching on themselves.

i dint expect him to have such a weakling attitude. he is all about being polite to everyone, never judging and talking about how love and understanding are more effective when dealing with delusional people like scientologists.
no wonder he is anti brexit and anti trump.

he also talks about he got owned by a radical islamist who basically told him that no one has the authority to say that slavery and all that is actually a bad thing.

When Rogan's talking about Milo and twitter Louis is clearly thinking "you're a fucking idiot" but politely tries to change the subject instead

>a radical islamist who basically told him that no one has the authority to say that slavery and all that is actually a bad thing

so a regular islamist?

There are plans to create isolated wings in british prisons for radical islamic preachers and converts because of how much it spreads like wildfire in the prison system. Louis should do an episode in the future in one of those units.

What criminal will deny himself pork and alcohol, I ask you?

Yeah that shit was hilarious, clearly Louie thought he was being retarded but you can't call someone out like that on their own show

JUMANJI

only retards fall for it though, so not juicy to me. it's like an expose' on infomercial products that break the 3rd time you use them, and how misleading their ads are.

plus scientology has some elite tier science fiction on their pamphlets, people know what they're in for and they like it, it's fun.

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT FUCKING SCIENTOLOGY DOCUMENTARY FOR A YEAR NOW

WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED??

January

*cough* yes *cough*

You are clearly a scientologist

Watching that old doc on swinger parties he did, when will he tackle cuckoldry? It would be hillarious

>My time with the well-hung bull was almost up...

reddit

I'm glad that Louie shut down Rogan every time he tried to paint the us vs them picture.

i wish

WHEN'S THE FUCKING DOCUMENTARY COMING OUT?

Louis Theroux is a walking vagina that should be exterminated so as to prevent his faulty genes from corrupting the gene pool.

Why the fuck would any normal dude want to give an audience to such a submissive slack-jawed faggot?

listening right now

Scientologist pls go

How is the one with Hannibal Buress? Seems like it'd be really cringy

>I WENT TO THE VATICAN RECENTLY!
kek, Joe is ok.

youtube.com/watch?v=qrdttfch9Q0&t=11450
what did he mean by this

Amazing that there's people in 2016 who don't know about Scientology. Makes you wonder what else they don't know. Maybe they'll discover Area 51 next week.

listening to "powerful joe rogan" speak is pretty hard to stomach

It's a ridiculous cult, and mostly rich white people. So yeah, easy as hell to shit on.

Scientology should recruit tons of black people so that they become untouchable.

That's the idea, Albert

my name is stephen, not albert

why would you assume thats my name?

I watched it yesterday for 15 mins then turned it off.

It's pretty painful watching Louis attempting to make Joe stay on topic.

yes

Reminder I would heem everyone ITT.

Fuck off Randy.

Yeah, they've basically formed the biggest prison gang in existence

>he also talks about he got owned by a radical islamist who basically told him that no one has the authority to say that slavery and all that is actually a bad thing.

The point of that story was more so that they are so militant in their belief that coming at them with basic human decency means nothing, and no matter what how well you argue your side it doesn't matter because you are going against the word of their god. Dunce.

That's the whole point you dingus

By being vulnerable and naive people will open up to him and tell him things that they would never reveal to a strongheaded person

/r/ing the Louis visits Sup Forums pictures/pastas.

You can tell Louis Theroux is one of the people that thinks Charlie Hebdo was racist and deserved what they got for making fun of Mohammad

Joe was really not matched well with this guest. He just sounded like an idiot.

retard

>The point of that story was more so that they are so militant in their belief that coming at them with basic human decency means nothing, and no matter what how well you argue your side it doesn't matter because you are going against the word of their god. Dunce.
Wrong the point of the story is that our Western thought doesnt have any principles backing it up but is just a cobbled together mess of things that make us feel good
Louis was clearly rattled that he couldnt shame a person with his humanist garbage and was forced to think for a moment "why do I believe this?"

Not an argument

fuck you

:^)

Does anyone else think religion is for stupid people? BTW check Onnit. It's this new pill that makes you smart and stuff. Excuse me while I step into a freezing isolation tank because it totally helps your muscles and or something. When I get back we can roll up a joint because it prevents cancer.

>he also talks about he got owned by a radical islamist who basically told him that no one has the authority to say that slavery and all that is actually a bad thing.

Not only that but they both misunderstand the argument. When people ask about authority they're really asking how they justify their morality. They're not just pointing to a book. The theist position is that god gives everyone a sense of what we ought to do or how we ought to be treated and that's where everyone's morality ultimately comes from. It doesn't mean every has to agree or that mistakes can't be made. The question is that without a god, how can an atheist explain this objective morality that all people share?

Joe Rogan is just a smart Chard with mostly reasonable thoughts and opinions but he can't deny his inner Chad and still punches stuff and talks like a douchebag.

How about empathy?

Where does empathy come from?

There isn't a single culture in the world that applauds cowardice or reviles bravery. I don't think empathy would explain this.

i cant stand joe rogan

he's such a

>"#420bro ayy lmaos built pyramids monkeys did ayahuasca and that's why we walk upright"

but honestly, i almost always end up agreeing with him

it's frustrating

Religiously people are embarrassingly stupid and embarrassingly uneducated. Get a basic education before spouting off your opinions on shit you don't understand you fucking halfwits.

What documentary is the pic from??

It's kind of weird to see Louie without his usual front that he puts up in his documentaries.

It's just chemicals in the brain.

Is this worth a listen or is it as shitty as Louis's first appearance when Rogan cut shim off and interrupts everything he says with DUDE YOU SHOULD MAKE A DOC ABOUT SHROOMS DUDE YOU SHOULD MAKE A DOC ABOUT KENNEDY GETTING KILLED BRO WATCH THIS YOUTUBE ABOUT KENNEDY GETTING KILLED LMAO

Do people need religion to tell them they have to be good to people? Would they otherwise just fucking run around killing anyone?

How he gets people to open up about their beliefs is to try to be genuinely interested in understanding them. He also wants his viewers to come up with their own opinions as he tries to not push an agenda or in general tries not to be biased.

>There isn't a single culture in the world that applauds cowardice or reviles bravery.

Except leftists and liberals in western white nations.

If the concept of free will is coherent, then a person can't merely be chemical reactions in the brain. If he were, then he could not freely choose a course of action any more than a rock at the mercy of gravity and friction can choose which way to roll down a hill. If humans are free, then they must have an "immaterial mind" that is the source of their free will that allows them to act without being completely determined by their biological functions.

The chemicals and neurons firing in the brain may explain how empathy works, but it doesn't explain why we have it in the first place.

No they don't. The point is that all people share a certain morality, and if you look through history you can see that there's a lot of similarities in the values that everyone in all cultures hold, many more than differences.

Any reason why he can't release his scientology documentary after finishing it so long ago?

i went to harlem the other day and they have a church of scientology there

> if you look through history you can see that there's a lot of similarities in the values that everyone in all cultures hold, many more than differences.

It's funny how you're arguing that morality is just a word for preferred behaviors resulting from common ancestry without realizing it because you're a dumb religious person. And yeah, free will probably doesn't exist. If it does there, are potential material explanations related to quantum physics. An immaterial mind makes absolutely no logical sense for about 50 different reasons. You're a fucking retard if you think souls are real.

I don't think the concept of "if that happened to me, I wouldn't like it one bit" is too difficult to comprehend.

And he stole Joe's Alpha Brain!

That's the golden rule, but you're simply sidestepping the question. Where does the golden rule come from?

From evolution. Do you have even a layman's understanding of biology?

Do you mean that nature selected for people with certain moralities since they work better in groups? I don't necessarily agree with this theory since certain immoral actions would be extremely beneficial to the individual or even group that would increase their survival but even so, this still wouldn't explain the existence of those moralities to begin with.

fuck off

being polite is masculine.

being insecure about their masculinity is feminine.

stop being so rude haha

It's an evolutionary trait which helped our species survive in a cold uncaring universe.

That's merely a benefit of empathy, not the source.

>2:23:46

sure let me just free up a day to watch this