Why do americans think it's ok to be morbidly obese? are they taught this in schools over there?

why do americans think it's ok to be morbidly obese? are they taught this in schools over there?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/listovative.com/top-15-fattest-countries-world-rtr/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they dont care anymore, no reflection or motivation, and then everything goes to shit

Very few people who are obese here think its "ok". Some will act like they dont care but really they know its wrong and just dont have the will power to stop it.

fat cunt detected

kill yourself

Well... their king is a morbid fatass, too.

a lot of people dont understand the portion sizes and poor quality of processed foods they eat are making them fat. typically other people in line at the grocery only have potatoes and carrots, maybe some herbs as far as fresh produce goes. and a lot of prepared meals from the frozen section.

bullshit that they dont understand, people arent retarded, they just ignore basic facts to suit themselves

maybe that's true. I think it's some combination of that. they dont fully understand that tv dinners are the same shit as fast food, but they probably know it's not the best for them.

yes, a lot of people are that retarded. one anecdote, a couple days ago at the grocery some fat lady with her fat husband were arguing over which hotdogs to get, the husband wanted the big 24 pack, while the wife wanted the more expensive ones made locally because they were "better quality and healthier."

Eating processed foods does not make you fat. Stay in school and learn some science.

seethis is what people in america actually believe. they also think a big piece of meat and potatoes with a side of broccoli is healthy.

processed food are often lacking in fibre, minerals and vitamins and high in processed fat and sugars, making the body work slower and less effective, which causes health problems and weight gain

whether quality is better or not is debatable, but even if they arent sure about which food would be good or bad for them, they should instinctively know that vegetables are good, soda and chips are bad, and then be able to see how their meals are in relative terms good or bad, if the meal is only good (like a stew or something), if the meal is semi-good (like a healthy burger but fries) or if the meal is only bad (like a deep pizza with soda) then it should be possible to see which meals they are eating are better and which are worse

Pretty much all of this. Add abundance and our propensity as foragers to store as much fat as possible and the engineering involved that makes many processed foods tasty as fuck and it's a recipe for disaster.

Interestingly enough, google obesity and malnutrition studies.

except people here are taught here that potatoes, corn and ketchup are servings of vegetables. people are taught that tv dinners are better than mcdonalds because they have more vegetables in them, so they think that is a healthy food option.

frozen packages of steamed broccoli loaded with cheese sauce are what a lot of people here consider a healthy vegetable.

Instinctively? What if you've only grown up knowing kool-aid, soda, burgers and pizza as your mainstays? Many poor are generationally thick in ignorance. A vegetable could be as foreign as a moon rock to you in that instance.

Not even taught, it's just not as option as a kid when your food is being bought for you. And if you expose a kid to sugar once, that is going to be something that they will crave for the rest of their lives.

yea, it's not like a health teacher is saying "three tablespoons of ketchup is one of your 4 servings of vegetables for the day," but it does pretty much say that on the bottle.

it wasn't always like this, but fat acceptance is starting to become a major issue

>corn and ketchup

Oh, and let me slip on my tin-foil hat and say that both of those are pushed by conglomerates like Monsanto, selling corn and HFCS as the sweetener in ketchup.

If we truly wanted to neuter ISIS/Islam/the middle east, we need to send our big-agriculture infrastructure over there. Make them fat and useless in no time. ISIS alone would go broke in the manufacture of 5x suicide vests.

I wonder how much of a blast would be absorbed by a morbidly obese suicide bomber vs. someone of normal BMI?

It's a devious trap. Even if they are exposed to it early in school (unlikely, as pizza had a long standing classification as a vegetable here) the convenience alone is an easy routine to get sucked in by not only the parents but by the institutions.

Add to that our kids are soft as fuck with discipline as well. Mild discomfort to them is considered 'pain'.

I think ketchup is pushed by hunts/heinz/french's, but yea, pretty much.

Yeah, but further up the chain is the corn lobby. Heinz might be making the ketchup, but they aren't the grower of the ingredients. That's Monsanto and others who have an agenda to push corn.

Putting ethanol (corn) in gas alone should be enough to hang the fucking board of directors. That shit is fucking lethal to a fuel system.

it's not really just americans, in fact in places like california americans are so vain that many are very fit, its just people who are sick and use food as vice that end up obese, it's a much bigger problem now in the UK.

Why do Europeans think it's ok to be cheeky cunts? Are they taught this in schools there?

that would be really healthy if you just took away the potatoes, starch and carbs are the enemy, fat and protein and fiber is good for you.

or switched the potatoes to a sweet potato or carrots. but we have a tradition of eating meat and potatoes until we're tired.

>wonder how much of a blast would be absorbed by a morbidly obese suicide bomber vs. someone of normal BMI?
None, because flesh does relatively nothing to contain an explosive reaction. Not to mention the explosives are on the outside of the body.

If they decided to eat them first, it would just make one hell of a mess.

We are. When I went to school, we did the shovel test. If you couldn't fit a shovel of McDouble's in your own goddamn mouth, you got PE.

americunt here. I have a small gut. People say I'm skinny but I think I'm fat. What can I eat that doesn't taste like shit to prevent weight gain?

I was thinking someone in the 500-600 lb range. I guess it depends on the power of the explosive and would probably only be a minimal obstruction.

Eh, it sounded cooler in my head.

U ever played L4D, then you already know

I dont think they are ignorant, more like uncaring, like they see a health lifestyle as propaganda by the government or other agencies and that they should stay out of their lifestyles

Fatfuck here, been beefy all my life. Overfed as a child, lots of fried food, never liked vegetables. Don't blame my parents because as I got older I knew better and at some point should've taken responsibility for myself.

It's kind of like a drug addiction or alcoholism. I know what I should do, but I can't stop. Tried so many diets, but they all failed. Can't stick with them for more than a few weeks. I fucking love pizza and french fries.

I don't blame anyone but myself, and I don't accept it. I will probably keep trying to lose weight until I die. Some people beat their addictions, but a lot of them don't. If it was easy there would be no smokers, no junkies, no alcoholics, no fat people.

Not asking for your scorn or sympathy, just telling you what it's like for me.

Shit man, we're Americans. We're *proudly* ignorant.

I think the total cal intake is also important, i mean it should be possible to eat fastfood everyday as long as you say under the cal limit, but that would also make you hungrier because of the empty calories and because the lower total amount of food, so they eat more to get full but then the calories are off instead

yes, we are taught to look down on retards like americans

Nice bot thread.

60 days to change a habit mate...

120 days to change a habit into a lifestyle...

Start thinking of 30 minutes of exercise a day as being as important as work. Book it in. Buck up and fucking do it - no matter what.

Do this and 4 months from now you'll not recognize yourself and you'll be happier for it.

that doesnt make you all stupid, at least not mentally retarded

That's a lot of visceral fat, not good for health.

Oh, I don't disagree. But what is worse, Willful ignorance or honest stupidity?

well fastfood is like drugs, it makes sense to get addicted to it, and especially the lifestyle surrounding it, you know the habit itself

I think that willful ignorance is worst, because when you are stupid, you don't know it. It's hard to lame somebody who oesn't even think that he's doing something wrong

Veganfag here
Ever tried mock meat? It's a bit more expensive but if you have a Whole Foods in your area, you can get started. Once I stopped eating meat and transitioned into kale,soy, and mockmeat type of shit, I lost a fuck ton of weight and since then I've plateuded at 145ish. You should try it.

agree, if you're ignorant you COULD change your life and habits, its just that you wont do it, regardless of the reason and I guess it would be okey if it only affected yourself, but it affects the whole of society

Watch "The Meaning of Life"

If you've already seen it, you know what scene I'm thinking of.

Fat fuck American here....

I don't think it's ok to be morbidly obese, but when you're poor and can't afford healthy food and have health problems (that were an issue BEFORE the weight) it's hard to keep the weight down. I can't speak for other fatties, but that is why i'm a lard ass. Lack of income and lack of being able to do much about it.

I'm a teacher- the schools that need to teach fitness are unfortunately the ones that can't afford to. We could barely afford to run a baseball team, and only because we pooled resources with other schools in the neighborhood. I mean fuck, our kids only got PE once in middle school and once in high school

If you have access to cheap food you could choose to semi-starve, I mean eat less and let the hunger set it, it would be awful but it is always a possibility if your dedication is there but your money is not.. and talk walks, they are mostly free

The hunger is the part I hate the most. I wish there was a pill I could take that would shut the hunger pain off. If there was? I'd starve myself. I hate being a fat fuck. The pain just gets to be intense. I just wish healthy food was cheaper. It's not that I hate healthy food, it's that I can't afford it.

no pain no gain right, if your resources are limited you have to use the less comfortable methods.. its all in your head, and I agree, i hate being hungry too

Blame the fast food chains, seriously. Since late 50's......funny thing is, most of their wives/mothers are housewife.

Fat fuck here.
I disagree with this, cal intake vs cal burned.

I have a girlfriend of 6 years and the hardest part of losing weight has been getting us both on track with it.

Stop drinking sugar. No more soda, don't do lemonade unless made at home in a controlled environment where you know how much is going into it.

Chicken is cheap. Cheap as fuck. Out where I live I can buy chicken anywhere between 0.57/lb to 2.99/lb

eggs 0.48/dozen - 1.49/dozen

simple foods to make from home. HAve taking the time to evaluate it I went from eating shitty food for ~200 month to eating somewhat healthier food for 150-175. I'm just a lazy fuck so its not like weight is flying off me. But I fit into clothes I couldnt before so take what I can get

There are pills to shut the hunger off.

Shit ritalin would probably do it.

When was the last time you ever saw an overweight speed freak?

Fiber. Pro tip, it helps shut the hunger down and make you feel full faster and longer. Get your leafy greens in.

We don't teach to cook anymore. It just doesn't exist in our world as it did before. Some studies show that over 85% of young adults don't know how to cook even basic meals. Some even lack the knowledge to boil an egg.

We're lazy, its true. Everyone is lazy. I mean around the world for sure -- but for some reason we don't push past the lazy part and just give in. Its how we're raised I think, where the world is handed to us.

Yeah I know what you mean about getting both you and your girl on track. My girlfriend is a fatty too but she has no desire to get healthy. Whereas I am a fat fuck that actually WANTS to lose weight. I just don't know how to do it with the little income I have. I generally buy cheap shit that lasts. Cereal, sandwiches, or cheap frozen chicken patties I can throw in the microwave. I realize it's all crap, but it's cheap as fuck and it lasts. As for the drinks? The only sugar type drink I have every day is coffee. I had sugar to my coffee. I hate the way it tastes without it. Other than that? I only drink water. I cut out soda awhile ago. As for the chicken? I live in a motel room, there is no stove to cook with, yet another reason I am limited to what I can buy. Not just the lack of income, but all I have is a small microwave in this room. So yeah... it sucks.
Yeah, I wish there was a pill that killed the hunger pain. Someone needs to seriously invent that. They'd make a fortune off us fatties!
I take Benefiber every single day. Doesn't really help much with curbing my appetite. I mix it in with my coffee every day.

No joke, after graduating college me and a few friends had an apartment and one day my man Brett walks in.
>hey dude....
>'sup?
>so like... I'm making pasta and... ummm... when the water is all bubbly and moving around... does that mean it's boiling?
>...
>does it?
>yes Brett your water is boiling.

20 minutes later I find him eating a whole pound of pasta with literally nothing on it. It's time to bring back home economics to public schools!

I'm 290lbs at 6'6" I'm fat because I like icecream and Pizza and with an abundance of social anxiety and a love for solitude, I build muscle very easily, I'm sure I could lose the weight, I just don't care to do it, being 40-50lbs overweight hasn't caused me much difficulty, I simply don't imagine myself being any happier being thinner, there is nothing I desire that I can't obtain or do as I am now

290 lbs? You're skinny. I'm 6'9" and I weigh 384 lbs... That's fat. 290? Fuck man.. I WISH I weighed 290.

Nuts mate, literally like weak filler pills, except for the expensive bit, they can get pricey

Maybe try amphetamins

Dont worry you fat fucks are catching up to America quick, you flabby fucking nigger.

>2014
USA is already even further down that list now

Literally yes, they are teaching this. Not necessarily in schools but in most media fat acceptance is pushed. I fucking hate it.

So is just about every other CUNTry.
google.com/amp/listovative.com/top-15-fattest-countries-world-rtr/amp/

Oh yeah. Mints are a motherfucker.

But it is only waffer thin!

yƩ but y tho