What does Sup Forums think about the Sherlock Holmes movies ?

What does Sup Forums think about the Sherlock Holmes movies ?
Are you waiting for the next one ?
Who is the best Sherlock (TV shows included) ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First movie was dumb but fun. None of the on-screen Sherlocks are comparable to the book version.

I am excited for Will Ferrel and JCR's version
The show is very good, gets undue shit here
never seent the RDJ flicks

music was good
acting was good
chemistry between the actors was good
scenery was with steampunk influence
the story was fun and lighthearted

so all around it was pretty good and i'm sad we never got a third movie

>guy ritchie

First one was a little too action-oriented but it was actually a decent mystery so I liked it.

Second one was so boring I literally fell asleep at the theater, I think I woke up during some scene where they're running through the forest getting blown up by cannon fire... No actual mystery going on at all.

I thought Game of Shadows was considerably better than the first movie. Both are great though. Good enough that Guy Ritchie essentially made two reskinned sequels.

I watched the first one for a few minutes till the slow-mo fighting tips started. I closed it and completely forgot about it.

It's just as stupid as the other one where he blinks in slow-mo and comes up with retarded theories. Is a simple detective story too much to ask for?

Pretty entertaining movie, one of the few RDJ movies I liked

Best TV show is obviously Sherlock, Elementary ain't that good and it's too repetitive, in every single episode (and there are like 100 episodes) you can guess the "twist", and that's pretty much they only plot of the whole show besides Sherlock's addiction

>No actual mystery going on at all

I always thought it was strange that Conan Doyle's stories were labeled as "mysteries". I always put them more in the Adventure/Thriller genre myself.

Sherlock is one of the greatest literary examples of deus ex machina, so if people were reading the stories for a mystery which was purposefully left undisclosed to the reader (John Watson), then I'm inclined to say that they were doing it wrong.

Really like the way Ritchie makes a movie atmospheric. 1800s London was fantastic. They got the bro-mance down. Not sure about RDJ. I liked Moriarty if not the film itself. It doesn't need extended action sequences.

I really hope when/if they do a sequel they just go straight into a loose adaption of The Empty House, and bring back the same actor for Sebastian Moran.

The sequence in Game of Shadows leading from the bomb makers to the bombing itself was fantastic. Don Giovanni is one of Guy Ritchie's greatest moments.

Yeah, Jared Harris was amazing. Can't wait to see him in Zemeckis' new project.

Paul Anderson was really fucking great in this.
Loved this whole sequence.

Jeremy Brett is the best, followed by Basil and Benedict

That's a pretty dumb reason to drop the movie.

Harris was the best Moriarty imo. Shame we won't see him again...

I hope we see a 3rd movie

what about tv show sherlock user?

They are very decent movies. While not 100% faithful to the books there are plenty of tidbits and anecdotes that hearken back to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories that should amuse people who have read the books

They are fun and adventurous. Nobody whom I've shown these movies to have ever said that they didn't like it.

The modern one with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman? I'm not that user but I think they're awful.

Someone in an article wrote that the modern Sherlock is not in protrayed as an intelligent person, but what dumb people think intelligent people look like and it's annoying. And I agree with it.

Some of the pots in the modern Sherlock were really convoluted and in some cases downright inaccurate and stupid. Like episode 2 of the first season where Sherlock confronts some sort of Chinese triad gang. He tells a Chinese women to not shoot her gun because the bullet might ricochet and hit her because the curvature of the sewer walls that they were in was 4 degrees or some stupid bullshit.

>Benedict.
I'm with you with Brett (goat) and basil but cucumber patch is shit.
Best modern tv Holmes is Jonny Lee Miller.

FUCK SHERLOCK HOLMES I WANT THE REAL ROCKNROLLA ALREADY FUUUUUCK

well it's a safe bet that he was just bullshitting her . idk i like benficial cucumber as sherlock. i mean it's fiction after all.

>Who is the best Sherlock (TV shows included) ?
The true patrician answer, if you don't know this you should consider suicide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson

It's never happening just deal with it.

This
Second movie was a hundred percent waste of time
The opening is literally
>Oh, the mystery is already solved
>Also, rachel mcadams is dead
>Have fun watching this poorly directed action movie with no mystery and one of the best characters gone :^)