RIP World Cup

RIP World Cup

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38565246
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOLY FUCK IT'S REAL

RIP WORLD CUP

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38565246

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

All the magic gone for fucks sake

>world cup
>only 48 teams

no one cares

>He still cares about international football

it's for inclusion's sake. You like inclusion, right? You wouldn't be in the WC without it.

>tfw still won't qualify

It's officially dead now. This is just the final nail in the coffin though

64 teams would unironically be better.

Post yfw your country will now permanently qualify to the world cup

fuck FIFA

Did they learn nothing from Euro 2016?
Teams will literally be able to get out of the group stage with 1 (ONE) point now.
Even shitty teams like England will be able to get out of the group stage.

I bet you'd know a lot about the world cup with your team only getting 1 point.

You could prevent this

Bravo FBI

your semen tastes extra salty today, amerifat

Funny coming from a team who hasn't made it out of the group stages since 2006 or so

More nations = More bantz. I like it.

yeah, real funny

uhhh can someone explain why this is bad? so basically there is an extra round now? how will this affect the end results? pretty sure the best teams are still going to make it to the final rounds

So 48 teams, 16 groups of 3, every team plays 2 games minumum (and also maximum.) so 32 advancing.
Question is, from then do they go back to 8 groups of 4 again or just straight up head to head it from there. 32->16->8. Quarterfinals, semis and then the finals?

ask me how I know you didn't watch the last EC

>more bantz

but WC 2026 is still 9,5 years away user, are you really still going to be here just to post some bantz and epic memes with other degenerates?

with a group of 3 it gives more chance to England to pass. They just have to beat countries like Mongolia and Lesotho

this

Yes

>3rd in their first appearance

How can poms even recover?

You're here forever

I guess you missed the 40 years they didn't qualify. '82 was when it went up to 24 teams, it was only after that they had a chance.

Eh, we'll probably all be dead by then

The more teams the better.

For Americans

The only best part of soccer

The problem with the WC isn't that there aren't enough teams it's that there aren't enough GOOD teams.

What am I looking at here Nigel?
Is this how poorly england has performed all time? Yikes, not something I'd be bragging about desu senpai

look at the filename, nigger

can you please just answer my question, I don't even know what EC is

>What is having a single win in the group stage?

You should be dead silent, Aleixo. Portugal winning the EM last year was a disgrace to football.

feels good desu

>yfw Scotland still fail to qualify

Can we get a USA-Aussie broship started for all future worldc ups?
We hate england too

If 1 team goes through it's good, otherwise I don't really care.

>EC
The European Commission, aka a bunch of Brussels fatcats who try and fuck things up for everyone but themselves.

Europe and sudaca C team still better than asia and africa

it's way better than the UEFA changes for the EURO

You're a moron if you don't realise Fifa is only doing this to create more revenue.

You get rid of Blatter and think the corruptness is gone and then this happens

>sigh

>Qualify for the tournament
>Go there
>play one game
>loose
>go home

Is that real???

it was started when the national sawker league threads merged, working towards that goal already user.

>16 Groups of 3

WHY?

that still didn't answer his question...

This.

yeah man this should be a thing

its a wallaby

>2026
I don't even plan to live this long.

Why didn't your team win it then? That's right, because they lost.

APOLOGISE, RIGHT FUCKING NOW Sup Forums

We now will have to deal with literal who countries competing in the tournament. This is also makes it possible for the World Cup to be won in a disgraceful manner similarly to how Portugal won the Euro back in July.

The second one. 32>16>8>Semi>Final.

>top 2 teams in group play eachother in final match
>know a draw will see them both through to next round
> each pass the ball around the back line for 90 minutes

cant wait

This. Sepp only wanted the best for the sport, and managed to grow it all over the world, to do that he had to play by local rules, and guess what, everywhere outside of Europe and NA is corrupt as fuck.

>ITT: all the ""good"" national teams bitching because they're worried they'll choke against CR7 again

Why don't you guys shut the fuck up if your team is decent at all

>Drawing every single game
>Somehow being allowed to advance with ZERO wins

Suddenly, I feel like this semen slurping sport isn't for me.

>based sepp will never come back and save football

Why live?

I'm sorry sepp please come back

Portugal cheated? or refball? and why wouldn't you want to see meme teams potentially beat good ones, that'd be hilarious

Not watch this shit until knockout stage

You're only worried because england will literally never be one of this two top teams you've described and will be eternally cucked out of advancing by teams like Costa Rica, Italy and the USA.

How exactly does the new format work with the 3 teams per group?

why don't you just have the tournament be march madness style? this group stage faggotry needs to end

Nice meme.

They drew every single game, and somehow were allowed to move onto the next round with ZERO wins.

> why wouldn't you want to see meme teams potentially beat good ones, that'd be hilarious

If it was a team like Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, etc then its fucking great.

But it's fucking Portugal, so I would rather Spain, Italy, Germany, or any other big team win it.

3 games per group, everyone plays each other, top 2 teams advance
32>16>8>4>2>1

We literally won it fair and square. We beat the favorites to win the all thing.

Group games will be boring s fuck

And in last 16 stage we might have Brazil-France, Germany-Italy, Argentine-Spain with shitty fixtures on the other side like Costa Rica-Poland, Croatia-USA, Switzerland-England bringing meme teams to be BTFO in uninteressing games in QFs and SFs

Good thing I'll be dead by then.

Delet

WINS DO NOT MATTER YOU FUCKING IDIOT. POINTS DO.

No I think that's only the first who advance

r-right?

so they won every game on penalties? boo fucking hoo then, sounds like butthurt to me.

Because the groups are required for seeding. This actually pushes the WC as far into that format as it can go really, 2 group games rather than 3 and then 5 knockout games rather than 4. I actually prefer it, KO games are way more exciting.

Spoken like a true semen slurper

>Wins do not matter.

That is part of the problem. They should count as the very FIRST FUCKING TIE BREAKER. Followed by Goal Difference, etc.

>They drew every single game, and somehow were allowed to move onto the next round with ZERO wins.
4 team groups with only teams advancing would allow that too. Italy did that in 1982 and went on to win the World Cup. Back then it was 2 points for a win but they'd still have advanced even with 3 points for a win.

>not preferring this format

It has the exact same number of games and cuts out pointless third group stage games. It'll be far more exciting, more countries will get to be involved and there'll be more scope for upsets.

>wins 7 qualifiers
>draws three games
>beats the best teams to win

I don't see the problem here. Teams draw all the time in soccer and end up winning their league. The group stage is not a one and done deal.

Not every game...

They beat Bale & Acquaintances...if that counts for anything...

I hope not, that would be retarded.
Top 2 teams advancing means more games and revenue for fifa

No, in the group stage, games are allowed to end in ties.

why is everyone losing their shit in this thread, more knockout games sounds amazing

wait, are they going to have the 3rd place qualifies rule again? that sucked.

i'm happy to have a longer tournament though, some of the most entertaining games at the euros this summer were between shithouses

It should have been like this, if they insisted on 48 teams

>12 groups of four
>Top two qualify
>24 teams remain
>Best 8 group winners get a by to the last 16
>Other 16 play off to meet them

So basically, still 7 games, or 8 if you are a bit shitter.

The issue seems to be the fact that UEFA didn't do a good job on the tiebreaker aspect of the Tournament.

In this instance, since there were a good number of teams fighting for that 3rd place spot, Wins should have been the first tie breaker, followed by Goal Difference and whatever.

You already have 3 points for a win, up from 2. There's no need for a further tiebreaker. If you want wins so much just make it 4 points for a win or something.

>be american
>be unable to grasp the concept of equality
With you it's always Winners and Losers. There is no inbetween.

Genuinely no idea, this seems like a far better format to me. It's less fair, but then the world cup has always been unfair, it's a cup after all. Why not just go for pure entertainment like they are now.

fifa are corrupt and are being paid off by china to kill international football so china can continue to launder money and make the chinese league the biggest (money laundering scheme) in the world

>post yfw you will see a Poland-Switzerland final in your lifetime

16 groups won't make it necessary. The problem is 3 teams per group.