So Sup Forums I'm in a bit of a dilemma

So Sup Forums I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I'm looking to get into a career in any computing field whether it's software development, hardware, etc.
I'm experienced in Python, PHP, Java, and have been doing c++ for almost a year now and understand it fully. I've build computers and even learned how they work (code execution and how the CPU handles it etc.) I have experience in database management (MySQL), and have worked with servers. My question is, what the fuck am I supposed to do with this knowledge? I'm self taught so I don't have a degree or anything and I doubt I can get a decent job without one.
>wat do

If you don't have a degree start a portfolio of all your personal projects on GitHub and hope for the best.

Ransomware my dude

Windows 10 fucking detects everything as a virus

Get a cheap ass job, use that money to take a certification exam or six and use those on your resume. Those certs are proof of your skill. They'll get you in the door. Once you're in the field, work experience can take you the rest of the way.

>and understand it fully
Too cocky. There is no way to fully understand a programming language. Especially not in a year. You're not good enough for a job in a year. Sorry, come back when you have more experience.

So much this, dubs of wisdom!

Not even the guys that run c++ understand c++ "fully". You simply cannot master c++.

If you have experience in other languages especially Java since the syntax is very similar, learning c++ in a year is not hard at all.

> have been doing c++ for almost a year now and understand it fully.
I know I'm fucking taking the bait, but here we go.

What is a race condition, and how would you go about solving it?
If you were to create 50 instances of a class that contains a sprite, how would you go about making that as cache friendly as possible?
Explain a good use-case for variadic templates.

That is not to say you can't "learn" C++ in a year. You can "learn" it in 20 minutes if you want to.
Good luck being proficient at it.

It OP really is any good, he would know what to do without asking us for help. F a g.

>What is a race condition, and how would you go about solving it?

like blacks and sickel cell anemia

> If you were to create 50 instances of a class that contains a sprite, how would you go about making that as cache friendly as possible?

trick question, websites don't take cache, they take card or paypal!

> Explain a good use-case for variadic templates.

variadic like the mongols or hunter gatheres. they needed templates because permanant plates would be difficult to transport on their horses without breaking.

Show us what you wrote in those programming languages you mentioned.

Dunked on him...

ok, you win.

goddamnit I laughed

More bait:

> What is a race condition, and how would you go about solving it?

Race condition occurs in a multi-threaded environment when more than one thread try to access a shared resource (modify, write) at the same time. Note that it is safe if multiple threads are trying to read a shared resource as long as they are not trying to change it. Since multiple threads try to race each other to finish executing a method thus the name race condition.
If there is a critical section of code (some shared data which is written) then if you get unexpected value at the end of the execution then it may mean thread interference where 2 or more threads are interleaving.
To avoid it synchronize the critical section of code using a synchronized block.

> If you were to create 50 instances of a class that contains a sprite, how would you go about making that as cache friendly as possible?

Use a spritesheet to share as much image data as possible, better yet don't use a class at all and just array of x/y coords.

> Explain a good use-case for variadic templates.

safe printf

Yeah but when you say "I understand it fully" everyone will think you're full of shit. The best developers I knew didn't say stupid shit like that, nor were they the HARDCORE HAXXOR the media likes to portray themselves as.

The best dev I ever met wasn't a very bright guy but could learn exceptionally well and was able to write clean code. Development interviews aren't about flexing your e-penis about how smart you are; its down to these questions:

1) Can you contribute?
2) Can you learn?
3) Can the team work with you everyday without problems?
4) Can you take and give criticism without sperging out?

t. Scrum Master who hires devs

10 year coder here. This user is on point. Listen to this advice

Go to >>Sup Forums
They'll laugh at you for self taught meme but will give better advice than anyone on /b

1. yea nice.
2. Yea that could work. The simple answer I was looking for was to let the sprites point to the same resource, though a manager or something similar.
3. Not sure what you're implying, but you might be right.

You're probably not OP.
But if you are, you've probably been googling around a bit.
If not, I'm impressed.

>Wants to be CS
>Uses Windows
Nigga what

back to Sup Forums

Because all these windows applications we use were made by linux users