ITT: Unpopular Opinions

Vertigo is better than Citizen Kane

The 2012 Sight & Sound poll show that that opinion is popular, you fucking pleb.

Citizen Kane? More like Citizen Lame haha

i really really like vertigo. it reminded me of a true love I once had.

for some reason her jaw doesn't look all kinds of fucked up in that pic. It actually looks permissible.

She needs some sun or vitamin D supplements

Vertigo has amazing cinematography but it's boring as shit, Rope and Rear Window are way more engaging, you can show them to normies and get a pass easy.

2001 is a film with no substance

It's really when you look at her from a low manlet angle that its large

>She needs some sun or vitamin D supplements
And a few cheeseburgers.

Nolan is 10/10 legit one of the greats and in 30-40 years will be studied uneqivocally as the biggest director of his generation, and one of the biggest of all time

She has Huntington's

>2001 is a film with no substance

spotted the pleb who didn't listen to Bill Cooper's Mystery Babylon

This board is very knowledgeable when it comes to television and film.

That's true though, different threads attract different crowds. I've learned quite a lot and gotten great recommendations from this board.

This board is a joke and no one should take it seriously.

This is still an unpopular opinion because Sup Forums posters genuinely believe Sup Forums isn't the worst board on Sup Forums

except that's the current meta and not an unpopular opinion, you fucking idiot.

god I swear you awkward fuckers trying to look good fail so hard every fucking time

i like being in waifu threads but i don't have a waifu

Wrong ever meme list has Citizen Kane at #1

>that's the meta
>stop trying to look good, mate, that already is the fucking meta, man. that's the meta! jesus christ all these people today trying to look good and not knowing when something already is the meta currently!

kys
this guy told you why

Latest Sight and Sound poll has Vertigo at the top, kiddo

she's a good actress

UGH!

has to be shopped right?

I used to have that Max Steel doll on the left tit.

Why does she look awful in this

lmao
>doesn't know that actors are some of the hardest working people out there
>honestly believes they look as pretty when they haven't been bombarded with professional-grade make-up

It literally has Tokyo Story as #1

>acting
>work
lmaoing in real life over here

That's the director's poll you braindead fuck

she looks like Andy Serkis though

> X is the worst board on Sup Forums meme

do you realize every board has that meme running for itself?

>Nolan is 10/10 legit one of the greats and in 30-40 years will be studied uneqivocally as the biggest director of his generation, and one of the biggest of all time
this isn't unpopular. Im pretty sure the majority of another site thinks exactly this. To me, this type of opinion is ill informed, as in you have just started watching movies and dove right in with fucking Batman of all things.

In the case of Sup Forums it's true

That's all that matters. Critics are cucks

That's not quite unpopular. More like wrong.
Hitchcock is an overrated flickster hack and Vertigo lacks cohesion, subtlety, good acting, good writing, and artistic quality overall.
Citizen Kane beats it in every single way.

>In the case of X it's true

Go to bed Zack

Vertigo has a better score tbf. Herrmann was very comfy

That's self-deprecation. Sup Forums genuinely believes that this is a good board that attracts other users

not really

Sup Forums is really dogshit
/fit/ is insecure and low IQ as fuck
Sup Forums is pure cringe
/fa/ is retarded

we also have /lgbt/, /mlp/ and a few others I don't visit but have high potential to be super shit.

But Sup Forums really is the worst board

How is that an unpopular opinion? Vertigo is far, far, FAR better than Citizen Kane.

Alright, I'll give you that. Herrmann is GOAT

>board that attracts other users

this much is true

Twilight is better than Casablanca.
Scarlett Johansson isn't hot.
JUST is the shittiest meme ever.

>But X really is the worst board

It doesn't though. The userbase has been killed since 2012 and 98% of threads have less than 20 posts

>shittiest meme ever.

This would be dubs checking desu

Alium

Are you saying there isn't any board that's the worst? Because that's Sup Forums.

>the another site
was never an authority on "popular" opinions in the world of cinema

I meant people who actually deal with cinema professionally, as in I have literally said "will be STUDIED".

>Are you saying there isn't any board that's the worst? Because that's X.

>there are people who actually defend the current state of Sup Forums

Any evidence that Sup Forums isn't the worst board? Or are you going to reply with "Any evidence that X isn't the worst board?"

Postman is a god tier movie

As awful as Sup Forums has gotten, it still gets decent threads often enough for me to come once every few days.

Sup Forums is a cesspool

>random board is random
What's next, are you going to post screenshots from /trash/ and [s4s]?

>asks for evidence
>evidence gets posted
>"but that's not a real board"

moving the goalpost won't make your point valid

>Any evidence that X isn't the worst board? Or are you going to reply with "Any evidence that X isn't the worst board?"

>"but that's not a real board"

but it really isnt user

>Sup Forums accomplishes its function of being random
>/trash/ accomplishes its function of being trash
>[s4s] accomplishes its function of checking dubs
>Sup Forums accomplishes its function of discussing television and film
And no, Sup Forums, /trash/ and [s4s] are still better than Sup Forums

Yeah and there will also be college courses dedicated to Meme History so I don't think your statement holds much weight.

it is valid. If you go on Sup Forums you expect random
if you go on Sup Forums you shouldn't expect the front page to be predominantly BLACKED, pedo shit, twitter drama, and SJW bait threads. Now we're getting gore thread spam too so we're practically Sup Forums without the excuse of being Sup Forums

Don't worry user, it'll happen for you one day too. Just be patient, you'll find your waifu.

Those boards are all on-topic
What's your problem?

wtf. Weren't all like the same doll with different clothes and equipment?

Sup Forums is the worst board theres no arguing that. followed by /mlp/,/lgbt/,Sup Forums

I was about to defend the integrity of Sup Forums but then I realized that is an impossible feat.

Sup Forums is objectively the worst place on earth.

>Sup Forums accomplishes its function of discussing television and film
it doesn't though. most of the threads about a movie just end up being fapping over underaged girls, or political arguments and conspiracy theories about da joos

the most on topic threads these days are the DC-Marvel shitflinging threads, and those are more about Hollywood economics than the actual films. that should show you how far we've fallen

This is why women shouldn't pluck their eyebrows so much

>i-it's okay that Sup Forums threads are reposted here as long as we aren't as bad as Sup Forums

Get out

These are all better than Sup Forums

>i-it's okay that Sup Forums threads are reposted here as long as we aren't as bad as Sup Forums

>implying I post in those threads
>implying I don't hate all the Sup Forums posters here

Sup Forums is garbage m8

DC fans dont fling shit we fling reason and truth. DC is by far the better studio. Feel free to post one of the numerous chris evans laughing .jpgs. They are still not an argument.

not when you don't post your copy pasted same thread pics

pic related

If not Nolan then who?
Give me anyone of generally his age, who stands to become this central figure of a generation of directors, such as Kubrick, or Hitchcock were, or someone like that - vaguely meme-ish, yes, but still very much respected in the field.

He has to be famous enough to make a real impact on younger potential filmmakers (and let's face it, while filmmakers indeed do pick up unimportant technical details from l'avantguarde artsy-housy bullshit experiments, the only influence that truly matters comes from the movies which first made them consider filmmaking, so, vaguely meme-ish movies, but still very much respected).

You'll forgive me for being too anglo-centric, but sure, whatever, if you have a good example of someone like that who stands to be a more influential (and still good) director, and he isn't from Hollywood, you will have refuted my arguments all the better.

(obviously one alternative would be Tarantino, but I sure as shit don't like him, and I wouldn't want to trigger anyone any further in the compartment of Reddit directors)

>Sup Forums is garbage m8
So is Sup Forums just not everyone is as delusional as you are.

hayao miyazaki

>not when you don't post your copy pasted same thread pics
What did he literally mean by this?

>people discussing weightlifting and fitness
>people discussing random things
>people discussing mlp

Now show me Sup Forums where every other thread is celeb garbage, youtube reviewers, sjw outrage or reposts.

>hayao miyazaki
>Born: January 5, 1941

>nolan
>Born: July 30, 1970

lol i know im just shitposting

by the same rule
>celeb garbage
tv/movie related
>you tube reviewers
tv/movie related
>sjw outrage or reposts
minority/shitposting just like every other board

pic related
>people discussing tv/film related stuff

it's more important for an actor/actress to have exaggerated facial features rather than be actually "pretty"
movie magic will do the rest

>So is Sup Forums just not everyone is as delusional as you are.
When did I say it wasn't? I said there's still decent threads here every so often. Then I responded to a poster asking for the worst board. I said Sup Forums.

Do you not understand english m8? You can't seem to follow anything that's happening.

David Fincher
PTA
Darren Aronofsky
Wes Anderson

The Terminator > Terminator 2 Judgment Day

Rear Window is Hitchcock's best film. Doing so much with such a tiny setting (pretty much the entire film takes place in Jeff's apartment) is his greatest directorial achievement.

Not sure if this is unpopular, just wanted to point it out.

>>you tube reviewers
>tv/movie related
Have you ever opened one of those threads?

No, they are not relevant to my interests, but they are tv/film related, no matter how shit they are.

>5 out of 40 threads are shitposts, youtube reviews or reposts
>t-there's nothing wrong with Sup Forums guise I swear

>but they are tv/film related

e-celeb worship isn't Sup Forums related if you can't make a thread about Elle Fanning you shouldn't be allowed to make a thread about a 40 year old manchildren

pic related

open any thread on any board, it's always full of offtopic and shitposts

technically it's movie related, no matter how you hate it. But I am against deleting Elle Fanning threads, mods are just retards with no common sense.

I have heard of all of these directors (duh), but honestly it never struck me that someone might consider them a central figure in anything. Are they really candidates?

Aren't Fincher's and Aronofsky's post-2000 works way too un-auteurish to even qualify? I don't know that much about PTA; only seen Magnolia years back, and from what I read on his wikipedia it looks like he really is a solid director, has his shticks and all that, and Wes is obviously pretty auteurish and similarly respected, but idkm they definitely don't seem to possess that something which makes them a superstar director.

Maybe I really am being memed unknowingly.

Would Hitchcock also be Reddit's favorite meme director if Reddit existed back then? Obviously it doesn't automatically make him a bad director just because he's attractive to memesters, among others.