Lionel Messi statue destroyed in Buenos Aires

>A statue of Argentine football star Lionel Messi has been vandalised in Buenos Aires.
>The bronze statue, unveiled last June, was broken in half and the torso, arms and head removed.
>The motive for the damage was not clear but city officials say repairs to the statue are already under way.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38573503

looool

Why?

>statue of Lionel Messi

Why? I can understand Barcelona putting one up of him in 10 years time or something, but presumably there are better Argentines who deserve a statue in BA.

Might as well build a statue of Rooney in London.

I didn't even know we had one

Messi is a huge star and I can see why he has a statue, he came from fuck all to become the best player in the world (on alternating years, at least).

I wonder why it was so deliberately and carefully destroyed though.

We have a statue of Fangio and he won his titles with Ferrari, Mercedes and Alfa Romeo

It's literally the same case

Fuck they even put up a statue of Steven Gerrard.

At no point in time throughout his career was Rooney the best player in the world.

I don't think its comparable, Messi hasn't won a major trophy with Argentina but there are plenty of Argentines who have. Fangio didn't represent his country directly in anything, there wasn't any World Cup of motorsport AFAIK.

wonder how that happened

This is the moment you realize Argentina has won the same number of trophies as England since 1993.

international football is alive and well

just

>on alternating years

>Messi has literally been the best since 2009

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

is this the most retarded country ever?

No, that's Spain.

>not ranking spain

Now that they've been given the opportunity, will they update the statue to the more current, "punished" Messi?

>having a statue of a player who hasn't won anything for your country

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

can you make the statue's missing parts grow back with growth hormone?

Should have made it out of cast bronze, you can hurt that.

This lol, fucking losers

>but presumably there are better Argentines who deserve a statue in BA.

you'd think so but . . .

They should have made it out of bronze.

>Lived and played club football in Spain since he was 12
>hasn't won anything significant with Argentina

There's no doubt he's one of the best footballers ever but is there any real reason for him to be considered an Argentine legend?

>muffled tsuing noises were reported from the scene of crime

>Auto
typical 3rd world craftsmanship

doesn't even look like him ffs

Just give it some hgh and it'll be back to stature

Underrated post

It was Bart.

(YOU)