University Advice

So, I want to get a masters degree in Europe and so far I got accepted into both of these universities: Polytechnic University of Catalonia and Ghent University

The former is located in Barcelona, and the latter at Ghent in Flanders, Belgium

I want to have as much information as I can before deciding among the two of them, was wondering if you can help me.

Here's what I know so far:

>Both are located into relatively nice places to live, with Ghent being the more comfy/safe option.
>Both are good universities, but UPC takes the lead in terms of prestige, and the study plan they offer is much more specific than Ghent's.
>Economically, both universities are located in the most well-off regions of their countries, with Flanders doing better than Catalonia. This is important as I intend to get a job (I can do so legally) while living there and the unemployment in Spain kinda scares me.
>Language-wise, I'd have my courses in English at either university, but when it comes to day to day communication, Spain is obviously the easiest option for me. I'm aware English is widely spoken by Belgians, however I've spent a considerable amount of time learning Flemish online, but I'm still not quite there yet. This is important as I believe you must learn the language of any place you'll be living in, and speaking the local language will improve my employment opportunities. I bear in mind that if I choose Catalonia, I will be having to invest some time in learning Catalán.
>I am looking to settle in Europe once I am done with my masters, hopefully find a good job that allows me to pay the student loan and still live relatively comfortable. Employment-wise, I am guessing Belgium is a better option than Spain?

So, based on the information above, what would you guys recommend?

regardless of academic prestige, it's probably easier to get a job in Belgium.

Now meme apart they are full and you should fuck off.

Forgot to ask, which one of the two is less likely to be nuked or receive fallout once WW3 breaks out, or are they both equally doomed?

Don't worry, I am fair skinned and look kinda white (probably 65%-75%), was raised catholic, speak civilized languages, have a degree and believe and live by western principles... Europe dreams of having immigrants like me.

Also, I'm gay, so I won't breed.

>learning Flemish
>implying flemish is a language and not Dutch with a speech impediment

considering one of the choices is called "polytechnic", are you doing a true beta study? if so, you can get employed anywhere regardless of the general unemployment rate, so it literally doesn't matter whether you go to catalonia or gent. and the girls will crave your foreign benis too

>true beta study
Not sure what you mean... I intend to get a masters degree in engineering.

Listened to both Dutch and Flemish... found Flemish to sound kind of cuter... both are pretty useless languages, regardless...

beta means STEM in dutch, the mong actually thinks the term is used outside of the netherlands lmao

>both are pretty useless languages, regardless
And they are still far more useful than Catalan

You know the Netherlands and Belgium are one of the most important economic regions of Europe.

Gent sounds profitable.

Yeah, but with English being so widely spoken (I've heard a joke that the Dutch speak English more proper than British and Americans), and Dutch being spoken few places around the world (Netherlands, Belgium, Dutch Antilles, Suriname... South Africa?), learning Dutch seems kinda useless in comparison to other languages, such as French, for example...

It is a beautiful language though, and I am enjoying learning it. Meant no disrespect.

go to flanders, spain is a thrid world country

Don't be a fucking suck up faggot

Go in Spain, you are their rape baby so their responsibility.
More seriously Belgium is an awful country to live as a student, it's basically a gigantic motorway, boring and ugly.
I don't even understand why you hesitate between some no name flemish city and Barcelona, quality of life for a student and possibility of networking are far better.

If you really are worried about job prospect after the university then nothing prevents you to make your plan during your last year of master, there is no administrative obstacle, learn german if you want to maximize your opportunities.

Well that sounds disappointing... I'm not sure though, Ghent looks truly beautiful in pictures and videos

But you have a point on Barcelona being much more of a global place than Ghent can be...

Which engineering. I am also considering to go there i have scholarship oppurtunity.

I live in Catalonia. UPC has a very good reputation, but also a reputation of being hard

Ghent is cute middle sized city just like Bruges but that ends there.
It depends what type of person you are, if you love culture/visiting places/doing outside activites then Barcelona is pretty much the best place you can think of, it's cosmopolitan and often degenerate but as a student that's something you often look up to.
If you just stay on your computer browsing Sup Forums and playing video games then both destinations are pretty much equal.

>learning the language of the place you're living in
What a fucking cuck. Just do as everyone else does and don't even bother because it's not necessary anyway once you have a job

You won't find a job if you don't speak Dutch.

Woah, it's almost like the people in Flander speak Dutch as their native language.

Crazy stuff innit