/cfb/ general - ONE LAST GO-ROUND edition

1) Final thoughts
2) Predictions for the 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON

>2018 College Football Semis:
Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, 1/1/18

>2018 National Title Game,
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta GA, 1/8/18

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/we-rate-alabama-the-strongest-team-in-college-football-history/
wvtm13.com/article/tuscaloosa-police-investigating-report-of-robbery-at-alabama-credit-union/8581421
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3) What do you think of the Playoff?

GEAUX TIGERS

2017-2018 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

I'm a clemson student. It took me 4 hours, 5 glasses of water, and a great hambino breakfast sandwich to sober up this morning. Last night is a blur of screaming, hugging, and literal dancing in the streets of downtown clemson. Fucking yes we won the natty

1. Alabama was out coached by Clemson and it cost them the title.

2. Penn State and USC are going to be the biggest threats to beat Alabama for the NC.

3. The playoff is ok, but would be better if the No. 1 team got a bye until the title game and the winners of the other P5 conferences battled for the right to play them.

Worth carrying over from previous thread. With Jim Donnan's bastard son running the show in Athens it's likely (We'll) get our next national title before Georgia does as well.

Realistically, Alabama is just going to win the title next year.

Looks they're taking the loss really hard in Tuscaloosa.

It works and exposes the memes more then we could have hoped.

Well at least we know they're not holding the national championship trophy hostage.

No one fucking cares about cfb but hicks. The greatest coach in cfb history sucks in the NFL

Bravo

It was only a matter of time before those subhumans acted.

We need a collage of all the horrible things Bama fans have done after big loses.
>Poison historic trees
>shoot someone in the head for saying who cares when the Kick 6 happened
>hostage situation

Come on guys there has to be more. Auburn, LSU I bet you guys have stories to tell?

2016-17 confirms meme magic
>Villanova
>Cavs
>Cubs
>Trump
>Clemson

what does KEK have in store for us next?

Anybody know whether Kiffykins had gotten out of town before last night? Thoughts and prayers go out to whichever co-ed he plowed last.

you mean the guy who is better than pete carroll?

I am so fucking angry about the thing you have said.

andy reid

That's because the greatest coaches in CFB history went to the NFL.

EVENTB OWL THREAD WHERE

4) How bad are the final AP rankings

1. Needed more memes
2. While many think it will be Clemson v Alabama: The Trilgy Final Chapter, it will in fact be Texas and who cares. Texas is back.
3. The game was a slow burn, but a great follow up to last year. Last year Watson played the game of his life, so all season I noticed that the offense wasn't clicking like it did at the title game. They got bested by a fucking onside kick and never recovered the lead. This year I didn't think Clemson belonged. Just like Washington and even Ohio State, they appeared to be a wasted playoff slot. It should have gone to Penn State, USC and Oklahoma. Even in the first half, you could see Clemson offense wasn't clicking. But Watson came alive. It was really cool to see. Saban has never lost when he had double digit lead in the 4th. No defensive turnover touchdowns, and Clemson regains the lead with 21 points in the 4th. His QB scrambles and leaps really personified how much that team wanted to best the Bama beast. Great game.

So basically all it takes to beat Bama's defense is jump balls and Welker-esque recievers? Is there any team in the SEC that can replicate this, or will Bama cruise to Atlanta once again?

All Texas Super Bowl

LSU has a lot of potential. Our defense held them to zero points through three quarters, and they only scored because ours finally crapped out.

I honestly think that LSU is a quarterback away from a national championship, the defense is elite year after year and we have all the tools we need aside from a competent and consistent passer.

ESPN's current lead story is Alabama being their way-too-early #1 for next year. Header image is of Alabama. The only mention of Clemson in their Top Stories is about which of their players are going to the NFL. All the stories about the fact that Clemson just beat Alabama for the national title are buried. I keep thinking the WWL can't get any more pathetic, but I keep being wrong.

>So basically all it takes to beat Bama's defense is jump balls and Welker-esque recievers?
Pretty much. All you really need is decent pass blockers with up tempo play and Bama's defense will wear themselves out blitzing every down. Also teams psyche themselves out when they go to play Bama which gives them an advantage in down years.

>Is there any team in the SEC that can replicate this, or will Bama cruise to Atlanta once again?
No Bama has ruled the EEC with an iron fist since the LSU-Bama national championship they are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs short of getting meme'd on.

>really personified how much that team wanted to best the Bama beast. Great game.
This it is great when you don't need E!SPN to meme up a narrative for a game. It's kind of like Steve Austin says let the match tell a story.

It only took Bama 12 hours to take back the #1 spot and they didn't even have to play a game to do it.

this win is tainted and clemson will have an asterisk next to their name for this championship due to illegal picks on both tds

SVP aka the only good thing on E!SPN had a great take on Clemson's win that blew any possible coverage E!SPN could do out of the water.

awwwwww

Trips of Truth

Bill Belichek has to be excited for Renfrow. Another scrappy White receiver for that offense.

Hmm it's almost like ranking teams for next season by assuming no players or staff members leave and the whole team itself is kept in a ziplock bag until September is fucking retarded

>Bama
>#1
>with Sark

Clearly not.

As long as the Rose Bowl is rigged to be USC vs. Ohio State or Michigan I'm happy

They've also got Georgia at #12, which is easily the funniest thing I've seen in days. I honestly don't mind all that much since a higher preseason ranking will make their embarrassing 2017 campaign much more enjoyable.

Has any team had as consistent a problem as LSU has with QBs? For a decade it's been the biggest issue with them. The defense only really slumped during two of those seasons. Thank god Les is gone, so when the QB problem comes up again someone might try to solve it. Seriously, did any coach give less of a shit about a position than Les Miles did with QB?

That's what happens when you start a meme freshman QB. Hurt stinks.

>FSU and OU second and third

Isn't Mixon and Cook leaving for the draft? How are they the favorites behind Alabama?

Wishful thinking. Outside of occasionally ruining Georgia's season, Tech will never find glory in football again, or probably any sport really. The institution and the fan base just don't care enough about athletics. Look at the Taxslayer bowl Tech attendance. It was mostly Kentucky fans. Meanwhile, and I say this without exaggeration, Kirby Smart is putting together one of the most elite recruiting classes in Georgia history, as far as 4 and 5 star recruits go. The uture looks bright for the Bulldogs, but only same-same for Jackets.

Don't forget
>Alabama fan on construction crew of Rivals new stadium purposely sabotaged construction

It's a shame, really. Les wasted a lot of talent because of the QB issue, and that is the main reason so many of us wanted him out a long time ago. We still had a pretty good chance of losing the 2011 national championship if Les started Lee, but putting Jefferson in was a big fucking mistake. Mettenberger was our last good quarterback, it's been a cruel, pathetic joke since then.

I don't even want to remember 2014. At least this season we finally canned Miles.

This level of delusion will never stop being delicious. Your future has looked "bright" for a few decades now, lit by the 4 and 5 star recruits you bring in regardless of who's coaching. I genuinely hope your optimism for your future under Smart is genuine and I hope the rest of your fanbase feels the same way - there is nothing more enjoyable than watching Georgia fans realize they're not nearly as good as they thought they would be. Fortunately, that's something I get to witness on an annual basis.

Oklahoma still has Mayfield and Westbrook and that game against Auburn propped them up
I mean the last time they beat a SEC team in the Sugar Bowl they also had high as fuck expectations

Florida State has to be name only
Cook was basically their entire offense
In the Orange Bowl Cook had 54% of their yards
73% if you don't count that 92 yard Murray catch

Does FSU and OU have some 5 star recruit behind them already ready to commit? Or someone tat transferred and will play next year?

If Clemson has taught us anything, it's that no matter how shitty your conference is, if you have one team with talent and NCG aspirations, it makes your entire conference relevant again.

Are you listening, Oklahoma?

FSU has a 5-star rb enrolling early
Even so, you're probably not gonna pick up 50% of your offense from a freshman

>Alabama wins the natty with Smart
>Lose without him

hmm..

Kinda kek because they went with the Alabama focus for the placeholder probably betting on an Alabama win, but at least they didn't actually print "TIDE ROLLS" or something like morons.

IM FUCKING HYPED

I'm dying my dude

as a VTech fan I'm not really sure what to expect next year, I'm definitely looking forward to it but I really didn't expect jerod to leave after just one year (but I'm happy for him and hope he gets paid). fuente showed this year that his status as an offensive wiz/QB whisperer is definitely not overstated so I'm equal parts nervous and excited to see what he can do with Jackson as the signal caller

>8 win season with a first year head coach and a freshman quarterback

IM FUCKING ERECT

It's not Nate Silver, but
fivethirtyeight.com/features/we-rate-alabama-the-strongest-team-in-college-football-history/
It just keeps happening

>yfw when Jawja wins the natty

Yeah, that must have been pretty difficult with a roster slammed full of top shelf talent. Every single year.

Georgia is winnin the natty 2017 cap this

Done.

What do I do with the cap I have of you saying the same thing for 2016?

2015?

2014?

2013? 2012? 2011? 2010? 2009?

post them all at once when we win the natty in 2017 and unleash the backed up poo in ur bootyhole dude

Nothing in my post was subjective except "the (f)uture looks bright", so I don't know how you're picking up a sense of delusion. Georgia is making changes to its program and has measurable growth in recruitment this year. Meanwhile, Tech is stagnant.

the AP is useless, from the polls to their fake news

he just butthurt he knows we winnin the natty 2017

Has anyone checked on Hunter yet? I'm worried that some wench has depleted him of his vitality.

Also is he officially /ourboy/?

What are the odds it was a Bama fan going nuts?

wvtm13.com/article/tuscaloosa-police-investigating-report-of-robbery-at-alabama-credit-union/8581421

Don't forget the 2008 Pre-Season National Champion Georgia Bulldogs. Pic related.

Those faggots also stole the only offensive coordinator that could beat the national champions this year.

Jeremy Pruitt was the man behind Clemson's second biggest embrassment in recent memory and he just got smoked

Matt Canada is a really good offensive coordinator, Pitt won because of him. Bama lost because of their shitty meme quarterback led offense punting 30 times in a row.

The first time Matt Canada coached in Death Valley he got shut out
He won this time because of a meme play, bad officiating and a horrendous pick thrown by Watson

(We), like you, are getting the same recruiting classes we always have, with with a legit elite recruit scattered in every blue moon. If you want to compare the two, and the results both schools have produced with their consistent levels of recruiting across multiple coaches, you can go back to around the mid-80's when that consistent difference began, and compare what each school has produced with those recruits. Tech wins that comparison with ease, but somehow Georgia is showing more promise producing dick in recent years. Or did you mean Eason played better in his bowl game and that means he's totally improving and is going to be a beast next year. It's hard to tell whether you're the new-Georgia-fan kind of stupid or the long-suffering-Georgia fan stupid.

nigga he put up 40 points a game with a literally who quarterback on playcalling alone

Season was okay, but it ended the absolute worst way possible, because now I get to spend the next 10 years of my life hearing from these fucks how fucking amazing their nigger loving orange touting bullshit team is

>georgia
>preseason national champions 1981-2017

1. This season was okay, but like other years it felt more like "which team will beat Bama" than "every team has a chance to win". Maybe once Bama starts going down in the polls, we'll start seeing more competition come out of not only the SEC but CFB as well.
2. Nothing much will change. Alabama will still be the "team to beat", Clemson will probably fall from existence, Ohio State will be the only favorite to win against Bama because lol Michigan, and as for my team, if Herman is the real deal, Texas will go back to 8 wins and a bowl game. As far as where we'll be ranking wise, I don't even want to think about it.
3. Playoff needs to be either 6 teams with #1 and #2 having a bye week or an 8 team tournament. It's more fun that way.

Right off the bat, you're wrong. Georgia is not "getting the same class it always has". When I say "measurable changes in growth" I'm referring to Georgia's blue chip ratio, or its number of 4 and 5 star recruits to its 3, 2, and 1 star players. Bama's right now is 0.77. Clemson's is 0.52. Georgia's class has a ratio of 0.83. This is an exceptional class for the Bulldogs. I'm not saying they're going to pan out, or be developed properly, but I am saying the Georgia is recruiting on a national championship level right now. You just told me Tech is doing nothing different. We'll see how that works out for you.

you actually do believe that Georgia usually gets 1, 2 and 3 star recruits don't you? how fucking high are you senpai

I'm saying only, exclusively, that for the class of 2017, Georgia is committing less 3 stars and more 4 and 5 stars, even if it already has a penchant for getting those types of players any way.

So, have the bama fans gone into the "the didn't really want it so they didn't play for it" mode yet?

"It didn't really mean anything since they beat them last year."

"They don't have anything to prove against Clemson."

Only if you say so my dude.

What did they mean by this?

>Bama
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

t. Bama cuck
Cry harder.

hot wife

the reverse cowgirls will win the owl with tony homo on the sidelines

the freaky friday remake looks pretty good

they switched brains so saban can coach at bama for many more years to come

>be jawja
>be kirby
>watch watson carve your former D yet again in the natty ice
>leave bama for shitty jawja and no bowl
>clemson steals your state's best players
>your hated rivals from the 80s and 90s just won another natty since your last one
>only school to beat herschel walker in regular season
>walker was scared of death valley
>now dabo owns the state of georgia: vic beasley, deshaun, etc.
>a school with half your enrollment 45 minutes away shits on your future
>richt turning miami around

kirby is committing seppuku if he doesn't turn that shitshow around in athens

aren't they losing a shit ton of players and still have a shitty qb?

I think my team will win 5 games next year

>most elite recruiting classes in georgia history\
>still loses best players to clemson: beasley, watson, trevor lawrence

topkek. fuck jawja, their redneck jort wearing fans, and their grown ass men barking at people. ive never seen more scum of the earth rednecks in a stadium than when i went to sanford in 2014

>shitty conference

>ACC goes 9-3 in bowls, only ~3 losses to Shitty Education Conference in last two seasons
>Two natty's four seasons
>"basketball conference"
>heisman winner

so much for shitty conference

also because watson checked off some 32 odd running plays at the line because he was worried about getting injured

Imagine being thus fucking asshurt

>ppaawwwwllllll clemsun done cheated against mah tide!

>to all you target tide fans
>your tears taste fucking sweet and salty
>but muh pick play
>muh scarbruh
>muh penalties
>tfw when bama still loses even though their o line held lawrence and wilkins every play
>tfw clemson gets revenge for last year
>tfw ruins perfect bama season
>tfw watson carves up "the best defense ever"
>tfw watson fingerblasted that bama d
>tfw a fourth string walk on scores 4 td's against that bama secondary
>tfw big game hunter renfrow prison rapes bama's defense

fuck off bama. saban's faustian bargain has come to an end. go fucking tigers.