I'm 19 and poor as fuck. Should I get a shit ton of loans to pay for college or just join the military?

I'm 19 and poor as fuck. Should I get a shit ton of loans to pay for college or just join the military?

Other urls found in this thread:

fafsa.ed.gov/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want to go to school now, loans. If you can put school on the back burner for a while, military service.

What're you studying son?

Make sure to get the G.I. Bill and save your money for when you get out. Pick a school in an area with a high BAH and you can make bank while going to school.

fafsa.ed.gov/
>assuming you live in USA

Computer science

Lol FAFSA hasn't given me shit. I'm to poor for college but to rich for financial aid. my parents make a lot on paper but we're doing pretty bad rn

college is a fucking scam

also hurting people is wrong so don't join the military

i have no good advice besides this though life sucks

college is a waste of time and money unless you know exactly what it is you're going for.

i literally sell rocks for a living. i cut stones and sell rocks for people to make into jewerlry, sell minerals and fossils. i net about $100k after taxes and expenses.

make your own money. sell shit online, make stupid crafts, do yard work. fuck working for the man and double fuck the military.

Same position I was in. I don't know about Comp Sci but it's worth it for computer engineering if you're in the US.

It kind of is a scam but at the same time I want to do something with games one day or networking

I was thinking about doing the air force and trying to get an aircrew job or something in the cyber field

Worthless statement.

well, you dont need college for that. trade schools. coding boot camp. not college.

look for alternative routes. university is where you go to have your brain scooped out, and you pay tens of thousands for the privilege

Nothing wrong with joining the military. Heck they give you training for whatever you want to do. But last I knew if you are joining to collect that money they give you as a sign on will go to pay off your dept so when you're finished with your duty you'll be debt free.

Your parents sound like idiots. Who makes a lot on paper but is actually poor? Usually it's the other way around.

I make about 100k and my daughter got a decent amount of financial aid and scholarships from Michigan. About a 50% discount from the full freight price.

She's very smart though.

Shit ton of loans for college, put all of it in bitcoin, wait 2 years, drop out, become millionaire

Yea my parents arent the best with money. We live in a 350k house and they make about 150k a year. I get 6500 of federal loans per year and my tuition is like 6000 per semester

Make a financial plan, you fucking idiot.

fuck the military man, trust me. Don't sell your freedom. Not worth
> experience
Just work a job, be frugal, save 50%, invest, maybe try making a business, or real estate, or just save up for a tech school and get into a trade. College loans = cucked for years. Military life = cucked for years.

Military you can kill sand niggers without getting in trouble when you in da military