For the like 10 of you that aren't single, what's your SO's music taste?

For the like 10 of you that aren't single, what's your SO's music taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?hl=id&gl=ID&v=srb0lAK5wbA
youtube.com/watch?v=wVSHMKizsgg&index=19&list=PLM5snYlBC8EqxRyRumJ5ybEIXAXdDUMNs
youtube.com/watch?v=Y66j_BUCBMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he likes instrumental hip hop mostly

She likes dub, trip hop and tomboyish female rappers.

Seeing Mac Demarco live was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

thats a shame

idk never asked her. don't really care

reggaeton

Grimes
Who is really good

she like french band like this shit:
youtube.com/watch?hl=id&gl=ID&v=srb0lAK5wbA
try to school her about music with this:
youtube.com/watch?v=wVSHMKizsgg&index=19&list=PLM5snYlBC8EqxRyRumJ5ybEIXAXdDUMNs

almost breakup... but sex is too good

Iron & Wine, Bon Iver, Tallest Man on Earth, etc

Yes, she's kind of basic, but I began dating her way before I found Sup Forums so wtv

not basic. just boring

A lot of surface level emo and alternative rock.

Top 40 music and trap... :( help

Old punk, Slipknot and a smattering of pop
At least she has a taste, unlike my other 2 exes who were just top 40 regurgitators

Taylor Swift and Adele

Random Turkish music
Random disco/funk
Stuff I've given her

disco, new wave, chillwave (yeaa I'm an oldfag), and lots of random psych weirdos like connan mockasin and dan deacon.

I'm actually really really glad she's into this stuff, and not the apple-store indie most Sup Forums-waifus are probably into

She likes Beyoncé and Adele and Chelsea Wolfe

My ex liked whatever I was listening to at the time. I never actually learned her taste in music. Or maybe I never took the time.

>he
give me a fucking break

We has a talk about Post-Hardcore last night, but she likes Crystal Castles and Mac Demarco.

Or maybe she had no taste at all.

Fav album is Mezzanine and I guess it veers a lot into angular pop (as in pop genres, rnb, etc.) and singer songerwriter music.

my ex liked alt j, the beatles, bowie, lana del ray, florence & the machine
when i say bowie, i really mean less than like 10 songs, lets dance, starman, rebel rebel, under pressure, space oddity, changes, ziggy stardust, fashion (i think thats all)
and when i say the beatles i mean their early poppier stuff (songs like i wanna hold your hand)
she also liked a few FJM songs, like ILYHB and the night josh tilman came to our apt (she liked it cause she thought it was a sweet love song about a rly unique girl, ie she loved the line "she says literally music is the air she breathes" which is kinda amusing desu)

>e she loved the line "she says literally music is the air she breathes" which is kinda amusing desu)
josh has lots of fans like that tbqh.

my girlfriend was really into sun kil moon but when we listened to common as light she broke up with me by the time we hit seventies tv show theme song

she likes the killers, modest mouse, bowie and the smiths. I got her into sufjan and father john misty so a mix of good and bad

She likes buttrock for people who think they have good taste in music like Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, My Chem, Blink 182, etc.
Plus like radio pop and rap

She likes Twenty One Pilots, The Killers, Ariana Grande, Lucas Graham and new Panic at the Disco.

She is turning 22 soon. There is no saving her from her taste. I don't dislike her for it and I don't consider my taste to be the most eclectic out there but jesus if only she would make a little effort to broaden her horizons.

ill believe your gay before i believe ur girl

ehh shes fine. common theme going on. rather that than some girl who claims to like everything but means entry lvl p4k core.

are we dating the same person

>tfw krautrock gf
I'm pretty sure she's a Sup Forumsdrone judging from most bands she listens to.

Her music taste is so shit it's literally tearing our relationship apart, she listens to normie core and reggaeton occasionally.
She has no passion whatsoever for any art form, all she wants to do is go to the pool and get tanned. She's sweet and loyal and there's no doubt she does love me but I don't know if she's the right one. I don't know if I can go on like this, I guess looks really isn't everything.

True true. She likes what she likes and is open about being a basic bitch. Better that than the aforementioned.

Mostly Grimes, Lana Del Rey, the Cure. But shes really open to new music too so whatever i recommend to her she will try out and she likes alot of it so has quite a varied taste.

She likes the Velvet Underground, Stones, Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan,Lee Hazelwood etc. Good Dad Pop.

Do us all a favor and don't breed

underrated

Beach Boys, Crosby Stills & Nash, The Beatles, ELO, Sufjan Stevens, Frank Sinatra

I'd say the guiding principles of her music taste are she likes pop hooks and orchestral instrumentation, so she goes in for that whenever she can get it.

Dave Matthews Band, Florida Georgia Line, Barenaked Ladies, pop-country, jazz

black dub, norah jones, raconteurs and stuff like that

are you my boyfriend?

sounds like your whole situation makes sense

literally just whatever i listened to at the time. she was kind of insecure

despite being black she's mostly into white girl indie stuff: fleet foxes, father john misty, mac demarco and a number of rappers like childish gambino, danny brown, kendrick and rtj

thankfully at heart im fundamentally a basic white girl so im actually into all this stuff too

sounds like a nice girl that got bullied at one point for not being black enough and tried to compromise

she's intelligent as fuck. She just consciously has absolutely zero interest in music, all she wants is danceable rhythms and sexy ass spanish lyrics.

>apple-store indie
What's that?

pop music i guess. but she likes the stuff i put on so that's fine with me.

t. virgin

people can't date males or something? retarded post, fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y66j_BUCBMY

probably means crap like this

>tfw no insecure gf that copies your taste in everything

A little synthpop, old russian pop, russia hip hop, some basic rock/alt-rock bands and songs.
And I got her into Radiohead, Interpol, Everything Everything and Death Grips (we even went to a concert)

She's not all that interested in music but at least she's very open and also really focuses on it (when she listens to an album the first time, she never does anything else at the time).

So we get along very well

My gf is v much into pop music and beloved diva characters. She kinda ends up listening to a lot of the I like, because I play it when it's apporiate. Things like house/techno and art rock for example is stuff that I know she likes but she doesn't listen to it in her free time.

You don't want this. Sometimes it's just because they really like you, but it can also be because they're a disgusting sycophant and just literally have no personality of their own.

She likes Die Antwoord (our common ground) and introduced me to K-Pop. She cannot stand when I listen to Der Eisenrost or Merzbow, but tolerates or enjoys everything else.

or because they were just insecure and felt more "comfortable" just copying you. they usually get confidence over time and then slowly start finding interests of their own

savior complex. sometimes theres no "helping" these kinds of people m8

funny you should mention that; if anything she's become more 'black' since we've been going out. she has an afro and has started digging fela kuti. fine by me because afros on black girls gets me going

Fuck I'm white and sometimes really jealous of black women hair because let's be honest they have better hair, especially their real afro not that "wannabe afro" that some stupid white chicks pretending to be black always have.

My gf likes generic indie shit mostly.

>Lumineers
>Joseph
>Arcade Fire
>Fleet Foxes
>Childish Gambino
>The XX
>Bob Dylan
>Radiohead

We had a convo the other day about music and I asked her what are some songs that she likes the actual music of instead of just liking a vocal track or chorus. She couldn't name anything which is a bit disappointing to me. Do people really only listen for vocals?

"Ugh why do you just listen to noise?"

Save me.

If exclusively listen to noise, you're the faggot here

She likes some music I play for her. She likes nmh, some folk hipster shit, grimes, Whatever. Basically I play music and sometimes she asks if she can have it too

Roskilde '16?

Is she your prison? Does she know that music doesn't belong to you?

i have never seen a white girl attempt an afro

She likes new music, she just can't be bothered looking it up or putting much effort in. I tell her to try but she won't. And I get sick of her playing the same old shit so I am incentivised to get her new stuff

I know someone like that and she even have a nosering in the middle of her nose (I don't remember what's the name of it). I feel bad for her because it's so pathetic to mimicking other race.