Alcoholism tread

Alcoholism tread.
I lost the %50 of my friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rs5QHWMLATI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

That means you're still 50% sober. Chin up.

yeah hit it a min give it the flex niggaaa

A classic

i just lost all my friends.

Why?

you can't lose what you don't have! ahaha!

Xd

That feeling of forever when you haven't drank in three days because you tell yourself your quitting.

This

Same here. Now im on medication and Not allowed to drink for 10 days. Sounds quite easy for normies, im at Day 3 and Could barely sleep so far. I would usually just say fuck it, but man i was coughing up a log of blood a few days ago so i will try to go through with it

50% of 0 is still 0, user

I quitted 2 months ago.. haha whats gonna happen? Alcoholism.

A "log" of blood? Good lord, man

Same here. Now im on medication and Not allowed to drink for 10 days. Sounds quite easy for normies, im at Day 3 and Could barely sleep so far. I would usually just say fuck it, but man i was coughing up a lot of blood a few days ago so i will try to go through with it

A lot. Fucking phone

Add more soda Reduce ice
Can help

one single bitch. if you have been in any user depression/feeling story threads you may have seen my post about the somewhat of a love triangle, more like parallelogram

also a lot of shit talking behind backs. pretty petty shit for adults who just recently graduated, everything was resting on 1 secret that was let out

You Sound like a massive crybaby faggot. Just do everyone a favor and off yourself, nigger

just answering a question, dumb kike

also thought about it, but im gonna live this life god gave me as long as i can

I just hit the point of real withdrawals. It can be worse OP, it can always be worse.

Same.. and I scored a DUI along the way.. the downward spiral never ends..

I had a liter of gin last night and am dealing (poorly) with the hangover now. I get near black out drunk almost every day.

I haven't had friends aside from people I only interact with at work for over 4 years. I suggest the OP stops before he loses the second half of his friends, because having none really sucks.

If you learn to accept the changes sobriety brings to your life you will find peace of mind. This is how I achieved sobriety.

How long did it take you to get to that point?

I've only ever had w/d from heroin but now that I'm offa that shit I've been drinking a lot more so I gottta keep that under control

Alcoholism isn't real fucking lazy faggot

Did someone say log?

yeah we all just choose to destroy our organs, drain our bank accounts and destroy every positive relationship we've ever had just for fun.

i used to think Depression wasnt real either and had the same exact mindset as you.
Wait until some event with a major impact on your life happens.
2 parents with a long line of alcohol abuse and addiction doesn't help along the way either

6-7 years of real drinking, aka a gallon of beer and /or at least half a fifth a day. Been drinking for 10 but those first few years don't really count.

If I don't have a drink within the first hour I'm awake I have a real rough morning. A day or two and I'm bed ridden with shit, pukes and shakes and no concept of anything.

My advice is moderation. It's very hard but it's better than buying booze with crackhead shaky hands.

the point where it got too real for me was when all the employees at the liquor store knew my name and what I usually get. Just realizing that I was now "a regular" at the liquor store made me feel pretty pathetic.

Instead of quitting or cutting back though I just started going to other liquor stores and rotating so I never went to the same one in the same week.

sounds like typical Sup Forums social awkwardness coupled with being an alcoholic loser

yeah no shit sherlock

You can mitigate the effects of boozehoundery with exercise and a healthy diet. Obviously this does not apply to two-bottles-of-vodka-per-day pissheads.

What's some good cheap whiskey? Beer takes too long to drink and doesn't give me a worthwhile buzz. I've been buying Evan Williams and it's alright I guess

That is the start to a bad path. Mostly because that is what all alcoholics do. The real bad part is when you stop caring. The worst part is when they openly give you a look of shame/digust.

evan williams is the perfect balance of being fairly cheap while still tasting ok. If you start going cheaper down to the plastic bottle section they start getting nasty fast.

Jim beam white label is also pretty good but is slightly more than EW. I get it when I'm feeling fancy.

With whiskeys you don't really wanna go cheap. Middle or just a tad under is the "sweet spot". Jameson or Crown Royal are solid, cheap ones.

Just never buy anything in plastic, it's not worth it.

In uni right now and get drunk prob 3x a week with friends. I should cut back before it becomes a problem. I usually have around 7 drinks.

relax, you're in college, have fun. The more you worry about whether you have a problem the more likely it is you'll develop one - a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just keep it to social drinking, don't start drinking alone.

A question to real alcoholics, if you have withdrawal symptoms when you stop drinking, why can you not just taper off? eg. if you have 10 drinks every day, could you have 9 the next day, then 8, 7, 6...?

that's actually the recommended way if you're not going to have a doctor get you through it. Mine always told me if I do ever quit, never do it abruptly.

makes sense. I have drank alone a few times in my life but have told myself to not do it again. My father drinks alone pretty often and it looks like the path to misery.

What would you recommend that's good and cheap?

I'm not too fond of vodka and don't like the sweetness of some rums. Gin is cool though

Doesn't really work on a number basis liike that. Plus once "we" start drinking it's pretty much an avalanche. The real thing is to start drinking and when that happens its game over. At least for me that is.

Its not to say we all out of control when we get a taste, it different for everyone. You'd be very surprised at how many secret functioning alcoholics are out there.

fuck man, i had never drank a gin and tonic until the other day, that shit is tasty

I hate to be this guy but you gotta find what you like. All I drink is vodka and whisky, but half of those are terrible to me.

For whiskeys, I like Jameson, Crown, Bullet but can't touch Jim Bean, Jack Daniels or Fireball. Those all range from 14-20ish btw.

Alcoholism effects a large chunk of any population, but it seems to be swept under the rug and not talked about. a quick google says 7% of people have a drinking problem, which seems low to me but i don't have a big sample size. people might be underestimating how much they drink though.

Alcoholic here.

2 handles of vodka a week. Basically load up a 26oz bottle with ice, vodka, a bit of sweet n sour, and a crystal light pack... at least one on work days... 2 to 3 on off days...

I get how difficult the days not drinking can be. I'm a crisis counselor for suicidal children and have seen fucked up shit... at this point stopping would be a horrible idea

Fuck I wish I could afford gin... a tom collins made with haymans old tom or some plymouth gin... mmm yesss

Sorry I was just shitposting. But now I feel shitty

Serious question. What makes you drink!? Are you really incapable of stop?
What do you feel when you don't drink?

I agree wholeheartedly. Every alcoholic says they have parents that drank and it's in their genes. That is some grade A horseshit, imo. Everyone would love to feel happier and more confident if they could, so with a legal substance they can. For fucks sake, monkeys make and consume alcohol.

So yes, it is being swept all under a big ass rug called money. Because in the end that's all that matters.

Hell the folks at my liquor store know me well. Always make sure to keep svedka stocked and will talk to me about the new gins they have, ask about work, that sort of thing. I've been a regular at a few stores now due to moving around over the years

That's a lot Sup Forumsrother, but I think drinking is a decent idea for you. That's gotta be brutal, but still take it easy sometimes. Good on ya and good luck.

What sort of shit liquor stores do you go to? Most liquor stores make their profits off regulars. I'm greeted with open arms when i walk in

Alcoholic here.

My parents didnt touch alcohol until after all their kids hit 21. My mom still doesnt drink, and my dad my have a drink with dinner every few months or on a special occasion. While i drink heavily nightly. Nothin in the genes here

Life experiences, depression, feeling normal, a need to sleep... all of these are reasons i drink. Cuts down on the thoughts.... my divorce, the suicidal children i work with, that horrible memory of my friend being sliced up because she went to the mall on my 20th bday to get my present and a gang initiation pulled her into a van and sliced her so many times...

Theres reasons people drink...

drinking pic relate tonight

don't buy it

get Four Loko Sour Apple instead

best flavor i have ever tasted, can't even taste the alcohol, not at all, and it isn't even very sweet

Four Loko Sour Apple is INDEED the god-tier nigger-tier-dirt-cheap drink

fuck it i'll go ahead and post a pic of it right after this to shill it, cause i love it so much that i'm gonna shill it for free

Here you have it, fellas. The GOD tier.

op are you here or what? are you gonna respond enthusiastically to my brilliant contributions?

Drink a real drink. If your shit is less that 25% you are weak or underage

this is the only time that this autistic meme has made me chuckle.

nice meme bro. so you are, what, 20? maybe 22? thinking that gulping down whiskey and gagging after every gulp makes you a man? thinking that vomiting after choking on straight shots means you have done something manly and meaningful with your life? thinking you have graduated to the "next level" of drinking and can now be considered a "big boy"

grow up kid, then respond again later

Go malt liquor before you drink 4 loko. In fact, never drink 4 loko. It's rock star with booze that's been watered down with regulations. If you had an original 4 loko then make a night of it because that was crack in a can. Now it's just a dehydration in a can.

I'm 29 and drink 2-3 handles a week. I sip them over several hours a day like a real person. You're over here goin on about your little bitch drink. You wanted a response, you got called out for being a little bitch. And no, i'm not some high school girl who goes on about shots. Fuck shots.

Also, at least i'm just killing my liver. You're boxing your kidneys and wrecking your pancreas as well with that garbage. Why don't you grow the fuck up and stop trolling the internet boy.

>bragging about alcoholism which is guaranteed to kill by age 50

christ man, get a hobby. start birdwatching. start getting into hockey and/or baseball. christ man, get into doing puzzles, 1000 piece to start, and move up from there. christ man, jesus, i didn't know you were that fargone.

seriously man, life is good, it honestly is. it can be. take up running. take up playing catch with one of your friend's sons. take up riding the bike you haven't ridden since you were 8 years old. honestly man, life is worth living

i'm 31, and really man, i have just as big a deathwish as you, so i'm sort of typing this all for myself too, but man, life really is good.

See
I play video games as a hobby. But sipping a drink while gaming is awesome. I also mountain bike. Gotta get back into road biking, but it got boring. Drinking is good though.

I heard a log

That would be ideal, but as with most drug habits the "taper" usually goes more like 10, 9, 8, 7, 9, 12, 15, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 19, 20, 22...

To everyone who wants to quit watch AlcoholMastery on youtube. Helps immensely for the first weeks.

You still have one left...

Can confirm, do the same. Only I have to drink beer, when I drink liquor my "hey dude you're plastered" inhibitor doesn't kick in and I risk alcohol poisoning. Almost downed a half gallon of vodka one night. Lost all my friends except the one who moved away with his girl, and the people I talk to at work. I quit once for 3 weeks, I was doing good. After 3 weeks of full on quit, my gf of almost a year told me she had aids and dumped me. Constant nightmares and trouble sleeping after. Went back to drinking. Got tested and I was clean, but I can't sleep without the alcohol again. Doesn't feel good man. OP should stop before he hits the downward spiral. A couple of us have hit. Been lucky enough to not get a dui, doesn't mean I won't be stupid at some point.

I don't know about that guy, but I had some sever depression and an unquenchable thirst for the first week, after that it was hard to look at alcohol without craving it. If you quit expect a major sweet tooth as well.

drinking is the best, brother. i don't ever plan on stopping. Ever. not ever. i will drink into old age and i already forsee drinking will be the biggest contributor to my death

well fuck it. apparently life intended us to be miserable. i'm a rebel by birth, and by choice, so i'm gonna drink.

It's true. My dad and I are one of them. I have work and college, he has work. We both drink every night to black out. Nobody has noticed it actually, aside from maybe the local gas station clerks.

I don't know if this offers any sort of inspiration or anything, but I have really good friend who is an alcoholic and he rarely talks to me about it. We used to go drinking when we started university together and at first it was weird how he got so fucked up _always_ and then I figured it out. I was grown in a quite strict house where alcohol was nothing special, so to me it was something new and exciting. After a couple of years of alcohol (and weekend weed smoking) I in all simplicity decided to just stop drinking because I wanted to show my friend that alcohol is not needed in a daily life. At first I substituted alcohol completely to weed. I tried going to bars with friends and stuff like that while not drinking anything which was a bit hard since I'm not very social without alcohol. I ended up being 385 days without drinking after which I decided I had completed what I wanted. I no longer had any dependency on alcohol. When I broke the streak drinking, it did feel good, but not that special really so now it's been like two months already of not drinking.

I'm currently high while writing this, so it's not like I got "sober" completely or anything, but for me, weed definitely did the trick. It filled my need of "getting fucked" without wrecking my life or bank. The point I'm poorly trying to make is, that my friend sort of asked me for help and it actually gave me inspiration to change my own life for the better and in the process he has cut down on drinking a lot, since I no longer go to any bars with him but we still smoke weed together and do all sorts of things as long as he is not drinking.

I'm not saying stopping drinking is easy and we are all different individuals, but at least for me, it was hard for a month of thinking about drinking but after it was no longer a visible part of your life, I just soon forgot about it.

It might be hard for alcoholics to admit it, but I really do think it was the best thing my friend did to himself.

Okay, long term alcoholic bros.. I need advice. I posted about having to drink beer for fear of alcohol poisoning.. However, reading the thread gave me a heavy craving for alcohol. As I was grabbing some beer I decided to count how many I had yesterday. I had 16 beers. 3 months ago it was 10. Thats starting to scare me. If I don't drink to pass out I get a huge headache, so I drink to passout. Any advice on how to lower my consumption back to 10? Or maybe even 6 beers? That would be ideal. I drink strong rot gut shit to save money BTW so 6 would get anyone drunk.

Just gotta taper off. I find days I work out or ride my bike I want less to drink. Might be a place to start.

In a period of a year, i got a certificate, a job, got married, had a kid. Lost 99% of my friends, fuck them all, the 1% that i still have are worth, and them i will have 4 life.

That could work. I've been working on a way to quit. Currently working on getting a weight bench and going on hikes does make me feel better.

Ur a good friend.

Im a recovering alcoholic. Been drinking for many years. 2 months ago a doctor said my liver is damaged and that I will get a permanent damage (liver cirrhosis) if I dont stop immediately.

I went on a 10 day bender. Got really sick, and then sobered up.

Been sober for 31 days now, longest streak in a while. I feel better. More stable, more healthy and stronger to reject alcohol in the future.

I know its still on my back tho. Sudden rush of wanting to drink overwhelm me from time to time. Its not at near over. It probably never will. It will follow me for the rest of my already rough life.

But man, reading this, reminding me of the horrors of addition, I just feel gratitude of being free - at least for now, at least today.

Also smoking weed helps me.
And a sober App that counts ur days and motivates you.
AA helps too.
And this motivational vid:
youtube.com/watch?v=rs5QHWMLATI

Good luck alco-anons:)

Alcohol feels so good, but still hurts so bad:(

I switched back from malt liquor to miller high lifes.

I'm working on a cure for alcoholism. I have to drink to find it.

Make an alcohol that dont give you hangover, dont hurt ur organs, dont make you do stupid shit or forget anything.

There, heres your problemfree alcohol, with a twist of lime, sir.

Thought about it all day today, but didn't buy anything. Good for me.

true dat, they offer me specials or tell me theres a 24 pack out the back that 2 cans are broken in that i can have for half price, it really aint that bad.

Alco's on Sup Forums

Keep on drinking my boozy bros.

Life is fleeting, but death makes us immortal

Pretty sure death is kind of the exact opposite of immortality, but whatever you say man...

>Addicted to poppy seed tea
>Pretty much only viable seeds come from England
>Passed legislation saying poppy seeds cannot contain more than 10mg/kg morphine

I'm so fucked. I've been drinking it everyday for a year and now I'm pretty much forced into quitting cold turkey. I mean I guess it's not all bad, I've wanted to quit for a while, but it's going to be 2 weeks of absolute suffering.

Immortal means you cant die, and you cant die if youre already dead, checkmate.

I don't think I've lost any friends because of it though and morphine and most other alkaloids in opium are pretty much nontoxic, unless you overdose so the damage isn't anything like being an alcoholic. I'm afraid I might kill myself without it.

Yeah bro sort of what I was going with, I'm also 15 beers deep so yeah, I'm all profound n shit

Cheers

snap

>at least I'm just killing my liver

Alcohol damages literally every single organ in your body

The decision is this. Don't drink and feel pain for the next 2 years. Or continue drinking and feel pain for the rest of your life.
The though that "Time Always Moves Forward" helped me a lot. All you have to do is exist for the next 2 years that's it, just exist and not touch a drop. It sounds easy and i know it's hard, but if you keep telling yourself that eventually you begin to believe it. It still sucks, and you know it sucks but i was able to mentally overcome it.
In AA they give you God, ii gave myself Time.
AA does help though, go along and follow all their shit.

This would be the most ideal to get yourself off of any sort of drug habit, but if you didn't have the self control to not use everyday, then you most likely lack the self control to successfully taper off.