When was the last time you were genuinely impressed by special effects in a movie?

When was the last time you were genuinely impressed by special effects in a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w5S7hyRHZAo
youtube.com/watch?v=WUBXmEWudnA
youtube.com/watch?v=YNFe6oJWI0Q
dailymotion.com/video/xzt3vb_paperman_shortfilms?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we posting athletes??

Heoтпpaвлeннoe пиcьмo

all 3 of the hobbit movies had amazing effects

I'm not sure.

anyway to answer OP:
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Almost 10 fucking years ago.

she needs to lay off the test

Warcraft before that it was a pretty long time.

Special effects have never really impressed me because I just dont think about it. I expect everything to look like its really there and it only stands out when it doesn't. The last time I took a step back and thought "wow" was when I watched Ant-Man.

MIght be funny to some, and it does have more to do with the character himself than just the effects, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing and how cool it was.

Mad Max

Amazingly shit, yeah. Most of it probably looked great before post where they slapped on dogshit colour correction and horrific bloom.

the cgi in jurassic park

Suicide Squad

not that long ago

Probably Episode VII
I'm not memeing. It's a shit flick, but it was nice to see Disney throw money at practical effects.

Who is she and in what is she competing?
If she is good at gymnastics then she may have a shot at the Battle angel alita film.

Fury Road blew my mind

spiderman 3 they made tobi look super ghey. that whole dance scene was added in post with cg because he refused to do another movie

Life of Pi

I really thought the tiger was real.

When I found out some of the scenes with Kylo mask had the mask added in post that kinda blew my mind, I didn't even consider that it wasn't real in those scenes.

also this
Best CG i've ever seen. Too bad they ruined Karazhan

Trollhunter

For such a small budget the special effects are great

Come on man, he hasn't had much work since the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. Give Jackson a break for trying to give an old friend a job.

Why does she have bigger muscles than me?

is stop motion considered special effects? Paranorman was beautiful

So she can bully you.

Because you don't try hard enough

Kon-Tiki

Probably not but you should watch Kubo and I should too

Because she is a he.

My nigga

because she isn't a fat autistic keyboard warrior.

Underrated

Prometheus snake penis thing. Honestly, I struggled to differentiate real shit from cgi the entire movie.

Kubo was released a week ago so not that long. Before that, I was blown away by the clouds in The Good Dinosaur. The rest of that movie sucked but the clouds were fantastic.

If you don't count animated movies then I don't know.

An old 50's movie called She Devil. The main character can change her hair color at will and I still can't figure out how they did it in a single shot.

Star Trek Beyond.

>Yorktown
>Warp Speed
>Idris Elba

wasnt the snake penis practical?

Interstellar. Disliked the movie overall tho.

So she can hold you down while she plows your boypussy

For the longest time I thought all the close-up shots in Iron Man were with a practical suit

go on...

41:52

youtube.com/watch?v=w5S7hyRHZAo

huh. pretty good for a b&w movie.

The first Transformers was one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in the past decade, but one of the most impressive when it comes to SFX.

who this?

Birdemic

Maniac with Elijah Wood has some really great Fx that mess with your perspective.

It looks like they changed the lighting

My guess would be they put some dye in her hair that changed color when exposed to UV light or something. Then they blasted her with UV light and it changed.

and make you lick up what your worthless cock leaks

:^)

Warcraft had really nice CGI, too bad it was such a shitty movie

T-they weren't?

If you could tell it was cgi then it was NOT good cgi.

Also probably changed aperture to not darken the whole scene
And I'm guess her hair was sort of brown which was then overlit to make it blonde and then the light was reduced to make it black
Pretty amazing nonetheless

Planet of the Ape movies

life of pi

Orc's with gigantic proportions aren't real so that screws up the test.

30 Days of Night

that works for scenery, not fantasy creatures. They were impressively detailed

Sup Forums hates marvel because they're contrarian faggots but i really liked that movie. you could feel the leftover edgar wright stuff and the comedy bits written by paul rudd were good too. dumb villain but the action sequences were inventive and fun.

I was really impressed by the water barrel chase!

Because this guy has normal proportions, right?

ant-man yeah but bathtub scene. Effects used for something different than usual.

the orcs in warcraft.

samefag

That is 90% clothing, the orcs were almost naked.

STOP. BODYSHAMING. GOOMBAS.

I don't get fgts that analyze cgi, just enjoy your fucking movie jesus

Nope
Even in the shots where they had a practical suit on set (like for the metallic Mk 2) they did it completely over with CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=WUBXmEWudnA
youtube.com/watch?v=YNFe6oJWI0Q

I only see one (You) in that batch though.

>practical snake penis

that's a new band name

fun fact, the orcs which looked great, were based off the shitty earlier hulk tech

same

>if you could tell enormous humanoid creatures with massive teeth, hands and muscles arent living breathing creatures, then it's bad

The 2007 Transformers movie.

I like the realism portrayed with high budget practical effects. It may have even been CGI, but when Finn and Rey were running away from the TIE fighter in the desert shooting at them, I thought the explosions were a nice, gritty touch.

Virtually any CGI component that I thought was a genuine practical effect usually surprises me.

Pirates of the carribean: dead mans chest

Jurassic park

they still impress me and I can't tell if its nostalgia goggles

I liked that bit
>its a trial by fire or in this case water

The flight explosion in Get Shorty. Pretty impressive.

i feel strangely attracted to her

The fight inside the briefcase was pretty cool

Blade 2 has unrivaled special effects.

From Blade

Guardians of the Galaxy
you cant deny it

Lego Movie looks like perfect stop motion, no idea how they made it.

And disneys proof of concept short film
Paperman
too bad they didnt made a real film with that style, looks amazing
dailymotion.com/video/xzt3vb_paperman_shortfilms?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1

Julie Kim, Brazilian gymnast

>no idea how they made it.
are you retarded?

Interstellar on IMAX

who dis qt

2012 had some amazing stuff. That earthquake in LA was incredible. Not even San Andreas had as good cgi

Olympic Committee should melt down her medals into a set of braces, gross Chiclet teeth

this. shes unconventionally cute

Delete this

Interstellar, too bad the rest of the movie was a shitshow.

Looks more like a snake vagina tbqh famaalalaaan

I don't have a link but the special effects company that made the lego move made a 15 or so minute featurette about the technology they used for the lego movie.

They built their own system to ape stop motion its very interesting. Search youtube