Ask a Schizophrenic anything! I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient

Ask a Schizophrenic anything! I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMd9eYXT0mM
youtube.com/watch?v=P5Vdajx0Xw8
youtube.com/watch?v=bripc_g2rCw
youtube.com/watch?v=X-Mm75vKD94
youtube.com/watch?v=GPrQLqYvRf8
youtube.com/watch?v=4XpQI0ztOic
youtube.com/watch?v=nMewZkHMmqk
youtube.com/watch?v=qAeybdD5UoQ
youtu.be/oTN6cGmH2yM
youtube.com/watch?v=L9iY6yPrSzY
youtube.com/watch?v=LBO5PbpDPng
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_of_control
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do the voices tell you to do?

would you suck my diddly for $5?

>What do the voices tell you to do?
By themselves? Nothing. They don't really do a lot of "talking" unless I pay attention to them. Otherwise, it's just like a white noise.
>would you suck my diddly for $5?
Nope.

What about when you listen to them? And why don't you listen to them? Do it and lmk.

How would you describe it to someone with an outsiders perspective? Also recommend music pls

bump

>What about when you listen to them?
Then they'll talk about whatever is on my mind. For instance, if I'm angry and thinking about something someone did to anger me; they might tell me to kill them. This isn't always the case, sometimes they can tell me to apologize because I was in the wrong.
It all depends on which one is talking.
>And why don't you listen to them?
Too noisy, here's a way you may be able to relate.
Every have your ears ring really loudly for more than 10 minutes? Like after shooting a larger caliber pistol, a .45 for instance?
It's a lot like that, it gives me a headache to listen to them talk just nonstop. So I ignore them talking and it turns into a quiet "background" noise. That sounds somewhere between static, whispers and ringing in my head.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet to spare society the cost of enduring and supporting your failed ass?

i heard that voices always telling you bad things. why? i mean is there any time they tell you good things like "y"ou can do it" or something?

also is Schizophrenia comes from a shock like split personality or it's there since birth like pyschopathy. (also if it is like my doctor said to me, then why they also say 50 persent of army snipers are psychopath but its not important atm)

also what's you favorite anime and tv series?

>How would you describe it to someone with an outsiders perspective?
There are a lot of aspects of it to describe to someone, can you be a little more specific?

>Also recommend music pls
I'll just link some randomly picked songs from my favorites.
youtube.com/watch?v=PMd9eYXT0mM
youtube.com/watch?v=P5Vdajx0Xw8
youtube.com/watch?v=bripc_g2rCw
youtube.com/watch?v=X-Mm75vKD94
youtube.com/watch?v=GPrQLqYvRf8
youtube.com/watch?v=4XpQI0ztOic

(my favorite genre)
youtube.com/watch?v=nMewZkHMmqk
(favorite artist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qAeybdD5UoQ

not op but i didn't because i think it's like natural selection. weak kills themselves while strong just dont care

Have the voices ever been useful?

Seriously, OP - this Don't you think an hero is the honorable answer?

>bump
Thanks for the bump, Sup Forumsro
>Why haven't you killed yourself yet to spare society the cost of enduring and supporting your failed ass?
Two reasons:
One, because I don't have any desire to die.
And two, because fuck society, and fuck everything it stands for.
>i heard that voices always telling you bad things
That isn't always true. Sometimes they can say nice things, sometimes it can be nonstop bad things. It all depends on the person.
>i mean is there any time they tell you good things like "y"ou can do it" or something?
There are times when they do say "nice" things. They're always kind of backhanded nice though..?
>also is Schizophrenia comes from a shock like split personality or it's there since birth like pyschopathy.
It's not known what causes Schizo, but my idea is that it's something you'll be born with, but it may not turn into full blown Schizo. It's kind of difficult to explain.

>also what's you favorite anime and tv series?
Anime would probably be Monogatari, tv series is Community (or rick and morty of animated)

So it's like your subconscious has a voice? Sometimes I FEEL like killing someone, and I don't. And sometimes I FEEL like I need to apolarize but I get all macho and I'm like fuck that. Does it seem to you you're feelings are the voice? Is this ever useful? Has it gotten you into any trouble?

What age did you start hearing voices and what age were you diagnosed?

loved your songs i want to hug you

>Dancewiththedead
Hell yessssss
Also youtu.be/oTN6cGmH2yM

>Have the voices ever been useful?
They have their uses, yes.
They can do things like telling me what people are thinking or feeling.
>Don't you think an hero is the honorable answer?
No, quite the opposite, actually.
>So it's like your subconscious has a voice?
In a nutshell, yes. But it's multiple voices, and they don't always agree with what I think.

>Does it seem to you you're feelings are the voice?
Hm, it's interesting that you ask that. I never associated them with "myself" like that. But now that you mention it, that's pretty much exactly how I view them.
>Is this ever useful?
It can be. They have times when they can be useful by giving me company, or talking through a problem I wouldn't talk to a normal person with, etc.
>Has it gotten you into any trouble?
More than you can imagine. I've been inches away from murdering and or raping members of my family.

can you talk with voices? do they answer?

do you hallucinate? is that like seeing things just like in real life or seeing them blurry like in hypotension? (sfmbe)

Tell me more about the murder rape. Why did they want this? Why didn't you give in?

So, OP, you see nothing wrong with choosing to live, deliberately, as a spaz tard fuck while the able-bodied and sound-minded work to support you... really?

Be quiet you unacademic fuck. This interests me. I'm trying to fetishize it.

>What age did you start hearing voices
Honestly, I don't know. I think I've heard them my whole life, they started getting bad in my late teens/early 20s though
>what age were you diagnosed?
21ish
>loved your songs
They aren't mine, I just listen to them. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.
>i want to hug you
You can hug me virtually, if you'd like.
>Also youtu.be/oTN6cGmH2yM
A little too much on the lyrical side for me, but a nice a song. Saved.
Here's a freebe
youtube.com/watch?v=L9iY6yPrSzY

what's your favorite boards?

I think you're lying about being schizophrenic. I met a giant nigger named Tyrone ( not lying) who mumbled to himself. I believe he was schizophrenic.

>mumbled
i mumble myself to. it's not being schizophrenic. (i have fear to forget things. so i repeat things so i dont forget. and yes i do forget. but its not becouse dementia or something. its because i cant focus on anything)

My dad has Schizophrenia and I fucking hate him because he's the biggest asshole to my mom and everyone else

>can you talk with voices?
It's something I do on a daily basis.
>do they answer?
Mhm.
>do you hallucinate?
I do, but really only when I have psychotic breaks. They can happen outside of them, but only rarely.
>is that like seeing things just like in real life
It's more than that, it's more than just real. It's like seeing something you know isn't real and saying to yourself "that isn't real" then the thing slaps you in the face. It's that kind of sensation of "real"
>Tell me more about the murder rape.
I'll try.
>Why did they want this?
Impulse, it was easy, they(victim) was vulnerable. And "it" said to just do it, it'd be easy.
>Why didn't you give in?
I did, but only briefly. I have given in on more than one occasion and actually gone through with some pretty atrocious acts. (which I fucking love)
>what's your favorite boards?
Sup Forums is all I really browse anymore. I used to browse /mlp/ back in the day, occasionally I browse Sup Forums and /vg/.

He should kill himself, and actually should never have bred.

fuck off edgelord

kys cringy faggot

How do you feel about semen
And poop?

>fuck off edgelord

do you smoke? why?

have you tried drugs? if you do, is that helpful?

what you think about other people? generally everyone, and people you know personally.

>I think you're lying about being schizophrenic.
Well, you're free to think that. I don't have any desire to try to prove it to you.
>I met a giant nigger named Tyrone ( not lying) who mumbled to himself. I believe he was schizophrenic.
A lot of people mumble to themselves, user.
>So, OP, you see nothing wrong with choosing to live
Pretty much
>as a spaz tard fuck
Well, that's a pretty inaccurate description.
>able-bodied and sound-minded work to support you... really?
I sure do, why should I care that I'm taking half a penny from people?
You're really edgy, user.
>How do you feel about semen
It's gloopy and sticky.
>And poop?
It smells bad?

>Ask a Schizophrenic anything
>calls out edgelord

>I did, but only briefly. I have given in on more than one occasion and actually gone through with some pretty atrocious acts. (which I fucking love)

What did you do? I want to know about all the darkness.

I'm a schizo too (yay). My only question is the only relevant question. How, in a very stressful period, how do you not kill yourself? Been having voices yell at me I should kill myself, voices that are different from the ones normally there

can i come live off your disability check with you?

>do you smoke?
Cigarettes, no.
Weed, yes.

>why?
It makes me feel "normal"? That's the most basic way I can put it.

>have you tried drugs?
I've tried weed, and tried coke twice.
>if you do, is that helpful?
Helpful is a strong word. But it makes things easier.

>what you think about other people?
I dislike "most" people. Like the average normie you run into on the sidewalk. They irritate me, I can't stand their shallow problems and complete lack of a functioning brain. (metaphorically)

>generally everyone
I dislike the human race as a "whole" I think we're pretty pitiful creatures on the "whole" espcially given the amount of knowledge that we can have, or obtain.

>and people you know personally.
I don't think much of the people I hang around, they're just kind of there.

>Been having voices yell at me I should kill myself

dude, you are lucky. i have real life people telling me to kill myself. how do you even think about killing yourself.

Give me a (you)

What're you tryin'a imply there, user?
>What did you do?
Tortured animals a lot, this will need a little backstory, bear with me.
When I was around 17 I "moved out" of my mom's house, and lived in a what was essentially a shed. During this time I would dogsit for my mother.
I often took it upon myself to torture the dogs, I loved to strangle them, especially the small ones. There was this little wirehair terrier I used to hold up by the throat with one hand and let it just whine and scream and claw the ever loving shit out of my arm as I held it.
Then I'd set it down and pet it and let it know everything was okay, then just go back to choking it.
There are other things, but for the sake of time one story per post.

dou tou have a job?

what you think abou literature. i think books are really helpful

what's your favorite movie?

Not meaning to hijack your thread (I try not to talk to people irl or online).
I don't think about it, that's not really how it works init
Just feels like foreign thoughts telling me to off myself. Like your conscience telling you you'd be better off dead, that's what it feels like.

OP, trust me from experience, if you're schizo, quit the drugs and the weed. I've smoke weed everyday too, and a guy from this institution I lived in had done the same, he was a 19 year old GANG MEMBER (I was a 15 year old mentally disabled druggie), and he'd call for ME in the night, because he said "a small girl was coming to get him". He's still not out.
You'll eventually feel less real, if you continue smoking. The voices won't be voices anymore, they'll be your only real substantial thoughts.
Has your parents had "that" talk with you yet? You know, where they explain how "just like you can feel things, so can other people and living things", and they kinda guilt you into pretending you don't have weird thoughts?

>I'm a schizo too (yay)
Yay
>How, in a very stressful period, how do you not kill yourself?
You know, I still don't know the answer to that question. I always wind up coming to the conclusion that I'd be better off dead than dealing with this shit. But I never really feel like dying?

>Been having voices yell at me I should kill myself
That's rough, user. Hang in there.
>can i come live off your disability check with you?
Depends, r u a qt grill?
>Give me a (you)
What if I don't wanna?

I agree with you strongly

>ortured animals a lot
dude why. i mean when i was a child i tortured kids that torture animals and i dont know why they do that. why would you like to torture an animal. animals are nice and they will always love you and be with you.

>Depends, r u a qt grill?
no, but i can cook and clean and shit.

>torturing dogs
You're a despicable human being.

Why don't you take your meds?

If you could completely cure your schizophrenia, would you?

>dou tou have a job?
No, I'm a neet. I've been looking (half assed recently) for one though.
>what you think abou literature
It's helpful, but I myself don't care to read.
>what's your favorite movie?
I have a couple of "favorites" some of which include:
Shutter Island
Requiem for a Dream
Inception (fuck you it was good)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Number 23
>Not meaning to hijack your thread
Don't worry about it.

>quit the drugs and the weed
I know I should quit, but everything just feels so much better when I smoke. I doubt I'll ever truely quit. But I don't smoke daily.
>You'll eventually feel less real
That's likely going to happen regardless.

>Has your parents had "that" talk with you yet?
Nope, I don't think my mom knew I did that kind of stuff. Or if she did know she was really good at hiding it.

>dude why.
Because it felt good, and it was readily available, and they don't have the ability to call the police.
I've tortured people too, I don't discriminate.

>no, but i can cook and clean and shit.
But you're not a qt grill??? :c
>You're a despicable human being.
Fuck off normie
>Why don't you take your meds?
Because I don't like meds.

I wonder from your early stage at your age of 21 till now? has the voices became worse?

i dont care about humans. but animals. that's just being a total cunt dude

I wonder from your early stage at your age of 21 till now? has the voices became worse?

tell me about the people youve tortured

>it felt good
it felt good is not a excuse dude. they probably bullied you and it felt good. so it's ok them to do that?

>If you could completely cure your schizophrenia, would you?
I don't think I would.
>has the voices became worse?
On a whole, they're pretty much the "same". But there are times they can get really bad and drive me insane.
>but animals. that's just being a total cunt dude
I'm a cunt, I'm a horrible person, and I'm completely aware of that.
I love animals too. It's not something I can explain to someone who doesn't share the same mindset as me, it will just seem like nonsense to you.

I thought you were dead

>On a whole, they're pretty much the "same". But there are times they can get really bad and drive me insane.

What does ''it'' do or say to make you insane?

>fuck this weeb shit
*click*
>mfw

i actually enjoyed the shit out of that music

question
do you like death grips or nietzsche?
youtube.com/watch?v=LBO5PbpDPng

>tell me about the people youve tortured
I used to torture my younger brother, both mentally and physically. I would often pin him to the wall and choke him until his face turned purple, or until my mother broke me off him. Held a knife to him on more than one occasion, beat the shit out of him pretty much daily.
>it felt good is not a excuse dude
It's not an excuse, you're right. It's a reason.
>they probably bullied you and it felt good
They?
I was only bullied by one person in my entire life, pretty much all of 6th grade. I put up with him because he was mild. But one day he went a little too far and I beat the ever loving shit out of him, and he never looked me in the eyes again.
>so it's ok them to do that?
Sure why not?
>I thought you were dead
I am.

>Nope, I don't think my mom knew I did that kind of stuff. Or if she did know she was really good at hiding it.

Probably hiding it. Sounds like a decent mum.

Ever hurt a person? Also have you ever "felt bad" after doing something bad to something?

>Fuck off normie
>thinking torturing defenseless animals is 'edgy'
>calling me a normie for not wanting dogs to get tortured

Go fuck yourself cunt. You know you're a disgrace to society, you just don't want to admit it. The only way you can feel power and feel like you're in control is when you torture a defenseless animal. It makes you feel as if you're powerful, when in reality you're no more powerful than an 8 year old kid. In fact, you are even less powerful than an 8 year old kid, because at least most kids would have the sense to not torture dogs for fun. If you want to torture a dumb, defenseless animal, next time torture yourself and then an hero.

many "mental disorders" are self-induced
unless the cause is physiological

Is avatarfagging one of the signs of your mental illness?

> I can explain to someone who doesn't share the same mindset as me, it will just seem like nonsense to you

dude i can understand. the thing that i cant understand is i always imagined plebs as people that has no willpower and voltion. sure you really want to do something. all of us does. but also you have your own beliefs and self logic to not let you do this. like imagine every pleb likes tarantino's movies. but i dont and i have logical reasons to not like it. and lets say i

wanna kill people i dont like. or hurt animals only to see their reactions and wrote it. (some directors did that) but i also know its unlogical, and i tell people to not do that. so to not get contradiction with myself, my own personality, i dont. i cant understant why you guys dont try to rule your own mind. your own feelings. i can understand why you wanna do that but i cant understant to let something else rule you.

>I am.

On the inside?

>What does ''it'' do or say to make you insane?
It's not a singular thing that makes me insane. It's just the nonstop noise, when it gets to the tipping point I can't do anything to stop the noise and I can't think.
>i actually enjoyed the shit out of that music
Glad you enjoyed it.

>do you like death grips
I enjoyed that song you linked.
>or nietzsche?
The philosopher? I do like him, but I don't have a lot of knowledge about him, or his teachings.
>Probably hiding it.
I'm pretty sure she has been.
>Sounds like a decent mum.
She's pretty great.

>Ever hurt a person?
Mhm.
>Also have you ever "felt bad" after doing something bad to something?
No, I always feel better.

dou you hurt random people, or just assholes?

>Go fuck yourself cunt.
>getting this angry

>You know you're a disgrace to society
I may be, but I don't give a shit what society thinks.
>you just don't want to admit it.
Quite the contrary, actually.
>The only way you can feel power and feel like you're in control
Nope, it's not a control, or power trip. It's pain, seeing something else suffer brings me joy. I don't care if that thing is a dog, a 2 year old little girl, or some random dude on the side of the street.

Stop trying to impose your morals on me, user.
>many "mental disorders" are self-induced
Is there any proof of that?
>Is avatarfagging one of the signs of your mental illness?
Nope, it's just so anons can keep track of which posts are mine. I don't avatarfag outside of my own threads.

???

you either are uninformed about psychology or you have an overly internal locus of control (ie you think you have super powers)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_of_control

im guessing its a bit of both summerfag

Which brings me back to my original point: you are a despicable human being and a giant cunt.

would you?

>but also you have your own beliefs and self logic to not let you do this
I never really developed a "moralground" for lack of a better word, like that. I never had reasons to not hurt someone, other than not going to prison.
>i cant understant why you guys dont try to rule your own mind.
Well, that's kind of the thing about Schizophrenia. How can I control something that I feel isn't even mine? It's like me trying to control your thoughts. Everything that is "me" is not "me".
>On the inside?
Everywhere.
>dou you hurt random people, or just assholes?
Usually whoever is closest at the time.

you ded?

not "moral" dude. just not being a pleb

>you are a despicable human being and a giant cunt.
I've never refuted that claim.
>would you?

>Brown hair
>Green eyes
Hell. Yes.
>you ded?
As a doornail.
>not "moral" dude.
But you literally said "but also you have your own beliefs and self logic to not let you do this"
Those are morals.
>just not being a pleb
Isn't that the opposite of the given situation though? plebs are normies, essentially.

Ouch, my eyes.

So do people who are schizo not have an ego or super ego..

(Ego and Super Ego are the things that keep you from doing shit like walking next to someone and pushing them into traffic.)

Of course schizophrenics have an id, ego and super-ego.

Also, they're a little more complex than just social skills, what you're looking to ask is whether or not he has empathy, probably. Some schizos do, some don't, some to a small degree.

I think you are confusing schizophrenia with psychopathy or antisocial personality disorder there there champ.

So I don't know much about schizophrenia, but it sounds like you have an underdeveloped or completely absent sense of empathy, which is something more associated with sociopathy, psychopathy or autism. Are you diagnosed with any of these too? Have you reported your aggressive feelings to a professional? Not tryna be an ass, just curious

>So do people who are schizo not have an ego or super ego..
They're still there. It's just the id is bigger and more in control. (at least in my case)

Do the voices have different genders and are some of the voices nicer than others?

psychology is a fraud, fuck off

Psychopathy is closely related to schizophrenia, to be fair, and they're sometimes really hard to tell apart.

Tell us about your first break. Do you still do drugs despite having a mental illness? If so, which ones? Why? There is a theory that psychedelics can cause latent mental illness to manifest. If you are a drug user, what is your take?

What is your most common delusion?

How can I tell if I'm slipping into schizophrenia?

It is not. There are some schizos who also have psychopathy, but those are rare. Those are completely different disorders. Just because you see things that aren't there doesn't make you a psychopath, that's just a fucked up stereotype we schizos suffer from. Statistically speaking schizos are in much greater danger of being victim of a violent crime than being violent themselves.

>what you're looking to ask is whether or not he has empathy, probably.
I do have empathy, quite strong empathy, as well. It's kind of the driving factor to what makes me feel pleasure from hurting things.
>but it sounds like you have an underdeveloped or completely absent sense of empathy
See above
The thing is, I don't "feel" my own emotions. I can only feel other peoples. The only two emotions of mine that I am able to feel is anxiety and paranoia. By making someone else feel something I can feel through them. Causing pain, causes fear, which causes a rush adrenaline. That feeling is the feeling I associate with "being alive". I can't get that feeling, or any other feelings by myself.

>Are you diagnosed with any of these too?
No, but I have been told I exhibit symptoms of both by people I know.
>Have you reported your aggressive feelings to a professional?
Negative.
>Not tryna be an ass, just curious
No worries

mate, you don't slip into schizophrenia. That's called a psychosis, and it's much worse than schizophrenia.
I can absolutely assure you that psychosis and psychopathy of different kinds are indeed very similiar to schizophrenia, in terms of what the patients feel.

I do take great offense to your view on psychopathy. You think we're lesser and more violent people just because of lack of empathy?
Theory states, a lot of historical people had psychotic traits. Psychopathy is not even uncommon, it's just not fun to admit you have it, because people assume psychopaths are, well, dangerous.

Damn that's interesting. Well try not to murder anyone user, you seem like an alright dude.

But OP makes a good case of portraying the psychopathy schizo stereotype I give you that, so you are excused for your views.

But just saying, 1 in 100 people experience a psychosis at least once in their life, and if all of them were violent psychopaths with not empathy, well, the world would be a much more interesting place..

When I go psychotic I hear voices telling me that I should safe the world, my empathy is greatly hightened even, I see hallus of people who aren't there guiding me on mystical quests, it's kind of like an acid trip, but my empathy is full intact and I'm far away from hurting anyone. To the contrary I feel like I have to sacrifice myself or my well being to some degree to get the mission done, and I always gladly accept it.

>Everywhere.

How come?

>Do the voices have different genders
Yes, there are two females and one male.
>are some of the voices nicer than others?
Yes. The male voice is kind of like a "passive observer" and only tells "facts". One of the females is a total bitch, and the other is really nice and supporting.
>Psychopathy is closely related to schizophrenia
Not quite. They have a high comorbidity. That may be what you're thinking about.
>and they're sometimes really hard to tell apart.
I don't see how that could be the case, they're quite different.
>Tell us about your first break
One of the first ones I can remember I was with a friend of mine. We were just hanging out on the porch shooting the shit, and the wind blew "wrong". and I was overcome with this idea that the world was going to end, every time the wind blew the feeling got stronger. There was also this white van that kept circling the block, I was convinced that the person driving was trying to get me or some bullshit.
>Do you still do drugs despite having a mental illness?
Occasionally.
>If so, which ones?
The marijuani.
>Why?
Makes me feel some semblance of normal, to put it simply.
>If you are a drug user, what is your take?
My take on it is; the drugs don't cause you to develop the disorder. But they will "activate" any latent disorders. Pretty much as you said.

>What is your most common delusion?
That I am from another universe, this is the 3rd one that I've been to.

>How can I tell if I'm slipping into schizophrenia?
I don't think you can really tell. Until it's too late, that is.