Youtube comment

>youtube comment
>"this song sounds so much better when you are on drugs ;)"
>420 upvotes
What does Sup Forums think of people who get high to listen to certain music?
Also, does it make sense to go to a rave or a concert by some techno/electronic/acid group if I don't do drugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

thump.vice.com/en_au/article/ez7pgj/we-spoke-to-the-sober-raver-who-goes-for-ten-hours-without-a-pint-or-pill
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i don't give a flying fuck about what other people do, i'm not that pathetic

yet

If you need to drugs to enjoy a certain type of music, chances are you don't really like it in the first place and it wont please you for very long, drugs or not.

I don't know about other drugs, but mushrooms make it much more psychedelic, deep and you can hear all the details. You'll never appreciate this album to the fullest, unless you're high on psychedelics. I'm sorry, but it's true.

I love listening to my favorite albums when high.
Shit sounds way more intense and you really hear it from a different perspective.
I remember listening to Slint - Spiderland and that shit hit me like a brick, especially the droney riff on Washer.

>Also, does it make sense to go to a rave or a concert by some techno/electronic/acid group if I don't do drugs?

Lots of people claim that being sober at raves is as much fun as being on drugs... but, the truth is that in order to fully experience that kind of music you have to be high on mdma or some equivalent.

>reading youtube comments

>What does Sup Forums think of people who get high to listen to certain music?
Umm, that's fine?
>Also, does it make sense to go to a rave or a concert by some techno/electronic/acid group if I don't do drugs?
Absolutely, although it helps to already enjoy electronic music and/or have experienced it under the influence.

Once I heard house music on a roll, it sounded different to me forever. I haven't touched MDMA or any drug besides pot in over a decade but I still get giddy during blow-ups.

But I see you're posting frogs and talking about drugs/degeneracy so I know what this thread is really about so fuck off.

Music on shrooms is great since you're not dumbed down or with that dope-y feel that weed gives you. Plus your senses are heightened and you notice things you wouldn't otherwise, like pointed out.
Consider eating some mushrooms and going to a free jazz concert or something

>But I see you're posting frogs and talking about drugs/degeneracy so I know what this thread is really about so fuck off.
kek
Thanks for the answers anons btw!

I agree but some people seem to survive it
thump.vice.com/en_au/article/ez7pgj/we-spoke-to-the-sober-raver-who-goes-for-ten-hours-without-a-pint-or-pill

I always see youtube comments like that on good songs that make you high without getting high so I don't really get people like that. If you need to get high to appreciate techno/electronic/acid then maybe just don't listen to it because it's obviously not your thing.

Whoa that was interesting, thanks for sharing

No worries

It's not about "needing" drugs to enjoy music, it's just a different experience.

...than enjoying the music, yeah.

When you hear music that you never really "got" before, while you're tripping on a psych, you will probably appreciate it a lot more and continue to like it in sobriety.

Drugs usually just give you a different lens and they can really open up your tastes musically

Taking drugs in general is pathetic and you're a loser for doing it.

kek

Nope, you're enjoying it both times but for different reasons
Calling other pathetic losers is the staple of pathetic losers

Yeah, one time it's the drugs, other times it's the music, if you actually like the music. The reason (proper) rave died out so fast is because people got bored or ill from all the drugs, they didn't even like the music, which is why real ravers like me are still listening to it 25 years later, and you lot just remember drug experiences.

i definitely don't need drugs to enjoy any music, i only listen to music high if i already like it sober
listening to music on drugs does make it more enjoyable, but its not like some "you can only get it or understand it on drugs dude lmao" thing

100% this

Most music sounds just as good to me high vs not high but pretty much any EDM or trap type music (which isn't my usual cap of tea) I need drugs to appreciate

t. fag nerd