Is being a vegetarian a meme for rich people?

Is being a vegetarian a meme for rich people?
It doesn't seem like poor people can do it without running into nutrition problems, and it's just posh virtue signalling sort of thing. Am I wrong?

if anything, a luxury, as many morals are.

Most morals arn't luxuries though. They're intended to typically allow society to function better even if a bit less efficiently. Efficiency isn't always the be all end all of things.

efficiency IS endgame. hypothetically we could say spreading one's genetics is the goal. you could rape to spread your genetics, but that's unstable for societies ergo inefficient for the spreading of your genetics.

Don't really know about yours, but in my country vegetables and fruits are relatively affordable, and a vegan diet would be cheaper than normal.

Vegetables aren't the expensive part, the supplements for what you don't eat are

Efficiency is an important factor but things like morals allow things to keep going without being destabilized, even though it doesn't increase the efficiency cap, it keeps the over all productivity from dropping. Technically it's not an increase in efficiency.

>morals allow things to keep going without being destabilized
destabilization is an extremely massive inefficiency.

Yeah okay so you live in some place demolishing the rain forest to make room for cattle ranchers while natives get murdered, but it's America's fault for global warming.
Just pipe down about your country, your market would suck and suffer terribly without America and it's imported products.

better yet, show me an example where morals do not have a relationship to some sort of efficiency?

As long as you don't go full retard and become a vegan, I'm pretty sure you can do a vegetarian diet with no nutrition problems pretty cheaply. If you're that worried about it, just grab omega-3 and multivitamin supplements for like 15€ per month at most.

Correlation does not equate to causation
I'm not going to do that because humans have a cognitive bias toward establishing patterns, even if there is no pattern there. It's not efficient for me to get drunk, but fuck if I wanna keep living some days if I don't. It makes living harder on the days I do the days I do get drunk, but sometimes you just gotta say fuck efficiency sometimes.

I'm not going to take supplements.
I was thinking of leaning towards, pescetarian or only eating meat when it's extremely convenient, or if I hunt the thing myself.

what you say is cognitive bias, I would argue is simply the landscape of the discussion and the condition of what it means to have efficiency.

efficiency in isolation only describes an abstract comparative, but it is the consciousness of the organism which drives where efficiency will be interpreted

Agreed, vegetarianism is decadent as fuck and they're morons for thinking that a vegetarian diet is better for the environment.
If they'd just stick to eating turnips it'd be okay, instead they want all sorts of exotic fruits, veggies and spices shipped in from all over the world. Also vegetarians need to eat all day long to keep their calories up and poop 5 times a day. And their shit definitely smells awful despite their own opinion that it doesn't.

Alright, well you're not wrong exactly because you're going to equate everything with efficiency. Most people don't worry about efficiency until it seems like they have confidence in what they're trying to achieve. Life doesn't have any goals, trying to say efficiency is what drives everything is just putting an artificial goal that anything is intended to be done, and not only is it to be done but done well. Although with survival of the fittest it's simply what's best adapted to it's environment, you could argue that it's more efficiency which causes that but it doesn't even have to be efficient. If a thing has already made it past the point of worrying about acquiring enough but is trying to maximize efficiency there is no use for it unless it's trying to make things more sustainable which it already didn't need to do in the first place. Where is efficiency suppose to fit in there?

In the city I live vegetables are mad cheap. Only the retarded fancy ones are pricey. It's way cheaper to be a vegetarian.

whether the universe transcended an ultimate meaning, or a personal drug trip-induced meaning of life is irrelevant. I can describe efficiency to be the ability to calculate the derivative of function y using the least amount of bits (computer information), and then seek the greatest efficiency.
if you are going to set any goal, be in real or abstract, efficiency IS endgame, and I would describe morals to be an attempt at efficiency.

It's not. Most creatures are a product of evolution. To evolve they have to survive in their environment. A simple creature that is not complex focused on efficiency would simply consume all resources and die out if the resource is plentiful enough for efficiency to develop over time. Personally I think evolution is just a mechanism created by god to make things more interesting so he doesn't have to micromanage things he doesn't feel like.
When sentience develops to a point where efficiency has obvious applications you're going to become extremely biased towards efficiency. Just because it works doesn't mean it's the driving factor behind things. Humans in history have a huge time span of doing completely inefficient things while not caring for it being inefficient since it simply exists and they want it.

Why do so many apartment dwelling city folk own cats if they're not hunting vermin they're just a pet with no other function than to simply exist. It's not efficient. Why would they do that
?

To improve their morale thus functioning better?
Which in a way boost efficiency?

>It's not
why could we not see morals as an attempt at efficiency?

What if they're aware they're going to catch that brain parasite from the feces and it'll cause them to do irrational things and lower efficiency?

Because a lot of us are not sociopaths. Why is it efficient for someone to hand out charity money to a begger on a freeway off ramp?

>Why is it efficient for someone to hand out charity money to a begger on a freeway off ramp?
maybe because getting your fellow man back up on their feet may help you in the future? we are social animals after all. theres likely thousands of interpretations of how morality could be an attempt at efficiency, but I feel like you are just scared of the word.

Is it wrong to do something if poor people can't do it? Also I live on 30K a year and im a vegetarian. Been doing it for years and I'm still kicking, don't see the problem.

Most dont really give a shit or just dont know the dangers of owning pets, it boosts efficiency as it slows it down down the road.
Like pepsi said it, live for the now.

>don't see the problem.
Staying at 30k for years, don't see a problem.
Buddy I don't even know where to start with this one since that's way better off than I am.

Thats not how modern humans behave.
Only a small portion of people would actually return the favor just the way you did.
Not to mention that charity is about giving without recieving which contradicts what you just said.

>but I feel like you are just scared of the word.
Don't you think that would harm my efficiency?

>Thats not how modern humans behave.
you're diverging from the point.
I am talking about an abstract interpretation of morality, not how a group of organisms perform it in a certain time frame. as I said before, morality can be seen as an ATTEMPT at efficiency.

on the contrary, it might make you more efficient.

This, I'm a broke ass vegan. I just know how to cook for myself. It's actually cheaper unless you're buying all organic, raw, mom-gmo, etc.

You don't need supplements m8.

For reference, 14k/yr, unsupported by family and government.

alright seriously why would you be okay at sitting at 30k? bill gates can move into your town within hours and buy up all the vegetables, and pay other people to buy them and drive up the prices and create scarcity, and he can afford to do it for the rest of your life, years and years of it. If he wanted to cause economic terrorism he could destroy your local economy without hardly denting his pocket book.

Morality is an ATTEMPT but not the most efficient way to be efficient because of how slows down research and development in areas like medicine.

i agree, the universe does not spoonfeed us the speedrunning hacks.

Morality doesn't slow that down. Efficiently trying to pay for research is what slows down research.

Morality is contradictive which is inefficient.

rely makes u think hu

Wew trips, that's my queue to go to bed.