Did Sup Forums like this album?

Did Sup Forums like this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13292978
genius.com/Arcade-fire-antichrist-television-blues-lyrics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I used to be a huge arcade fire fan, but I feel like a lot of their work has aged poorly. Still really like funeral and some of suburbs though.

I still like this one, for some reason i just don't care whatever they're doing now

This one is by far their most disappointing album.

it's less consistent than funeral and suburbs but goddamn is it better than reflektor. the downward spiral of this band is truly depressing to behold. their music used to mean so much to me...

This is the only Arcade Fire album I like, I've always enjoyed it alot more than Funeral desu

this is their best tbqh senpai

Their 2nd best after funeral

Best production on an AF album too

Their best imo. 10/10 closer.

Literally the only good Arcade Fire album, the others are too cheesy with their "muh childhood" lyrics.

IMHO It's all good except reflektor and their first demo thing

Reflektor is a pleb filter

It grew on me a lot.

Best song is (Antichrist Television Blues), it's the best diss track about Jessica Simpson's dad I've ever heard.

Intervention hit me like a truck the first time I heard it, and nothing they put out has matched that feeling for me. So yeah, I'd say it's their best.

I wanted to riot like a little bitch when they didn't play it during the Reflektor tour, at least when they played Chicago.

It's their only album with enough payoff to justify the obnoxious buildup beforehand. Twist being the buildup in this is actually really good. It's their best.

(Antichrist Television Blues) is still a top 3 AF song

Reflektor exists
I think thsi one has aged better than Funeral. I definitely listen to it more often and find both to be almost equal. The Well and the Lighthouse is particularly underrated.

Only in the sense that plebs will say they think it's great.

>Normal Person
>Here Comes the Night Time
>Supersymmetry
all trash.

I can't listen to Arcade Fire anymore and I used to like Funeral. It all sounds like lame nu-male indie shit to me now

strawpoll.me/13292978
a strawpoll.me/13292978
strawpoll.me/13292978
strawpoll.me/13292978

>strawpoll.me/13292978
grimes fags btfo

This.
Reflektor was alright but I don't want another one. It's sad that Arcade Fire, a band known to never repeat themselves, are just sort of phoning it in after more than 16 years of existing as a band with this shitty disco thing. Their first 3 albums were phenomenal.

>We Exist
>Normal Person
>Joan of Arc
>that one shitty Beatles ripoff track
come on, now. if you had reduced Reflektor to the title track plus the second half of the album, it would've been great.

How is it a diss about Jessica Simpson's dad?

not that guy but I'm pretty sure the lyrics of the song condemn him for forcing his offspring into an insidious line of work for his own selfish reasons

Agreed. I like Funeral and the EP quite a lot, and the Suburbs well enough too. But for some reason Neon Bible just really stands out to me.

genius.com/Arcade-fire-antichrist-television-blues-lyrics

>Win Butler revealed in a Rolling Stone article that “Antichrist Television Blues” was largely inspired by Joe Simpson, the father and manager of Jessica and Ashlee.

>As such it serves as a damning story about a man that exploits his children in the pursuit of fame and fortune under the guise of pleasing God.

Please. Reflektor is excellent, better than The Suburbs (but inferior to Neon Bible and Funeral).

Essentially all complaints about Reflektor boil down to the complainer not liking that Arcade Fire changed their sound.

>Reflektor
>better than The Suburbs
why do you post on a music board if you're deaf?

>Essentially all complaints about Reflektor boil down to the complainer not liking that Arcade Fire changed their sound.
You utter pleb. Arcade Fire used to change their sound drastically with every release. Even their demo was vastly different from their debut record, which was different from their sophomore release, which was different from their third album. By the time Reflektor came out, no one cared about the fact that they changed their sound.
It's the fact that the lyrics were shit, ~75% of it was filler, and it was probably their most self-indulgent release to date.

Intervention and No Cars Go are their 2 best songs

Suburbs isn't that great. The only standout tracks are The Suburbs, Ready to Start, Sprawl II, and one or two others; the rest is meandering, largely repetitive filler. The album suffers because of AF's insistence on forcing every song to fit the concept.
The songs on Reflektor actually have some diversity. The arrangement of songs is vastly better, and I like the production slightly better (opinion). If I have one criticism it's that a lot of songs should end earlier.

No, you're the pleb. Neon Bible is just a darker sounding Funeral, and The Suburbs is basically a more boring, homogenous version of Funeral. Reflektor sounded significantly different than the preceding three.

I like it better than funeral. Being recorded in a church made it sound so great.

it doesn't matter how diverse the album is when half the songs are so poorly written that they would sound bafflingly out of place on any of their other albums.

>The Suburbs is basically a more boring, homogenous version of Funeral
what the fuck.
The Suburbs and Funeral are worlds apart. Where the fuck does a song like Sprawl II or Suburban War fit on an album like Funeral?
Funeral is more angsty and folksy with a focus on acoustic instruments. Suburbs is essentially a gay Springsteen album. Neon Bible, Funeral, the Suburbs and Reflektor couldn't be more separate. You need to listen to those albums again.
Everything Now, however, is just Reflektor 2.0

Everything Now isn't even out yet, it can be as different from Reflektor as Neon Bible was from Funeral. I'm sure you will be able to find some nuances between the two if you can spot the details that make Neon Bible and Funeral so completely distinct.

All of the songs previewed from EN are basically ripped straight from Reflektor.

And Neon Bible is very different from Funeral. Not even on a tiny detail scale. The aesthetic is different, the songs are structured differently, the instrumentation is almost deliberately designed to be as far away from Funeral as possible. I just don't understand how you don't hear it.

>if you can spot the details that make Neon Bible and Funeral so completely distinct.
user...they're vastly different from one another. it's like saying Kid A and OKC are basically the same record.

I like Funeral, Neon Bible, and The Suburbs. Their quality has really dropped off though.