Music Sorting

Sup Forums, how do you sort your music?

I sort
Artist > Year - Album

But what do I do with albums such as Watch The Throne?
I don't feel comfortable putting it in Various Artists, but I don't like the idea of it being in the Kanye West or the Jay Z folder either.
And I'm not going to have duplicates of it...

Help.

>Artist > Year - Album

never seen that done, its stupid

>its stupid

why

Have a Kanye and Jay Z folder

It's the only way to do it, faggot.

↳ (year)
↳ (year)

↳ (year)

I have folders A-Z and numbers/characters, each sorted by track title. So A folder has all tracks starting with A, B folder has all Bs, et cetera.

It's pretty standard, the point being for your album folders to be sorted by year even if you're sorting down alphabetically
I don't do it though. For me the golden standard is
>Artist - Album (year) [bitrate, catalogue #, whatever else]
As for VA albums, I'd put WTT in the Kanye folder since it's predominantly his.

Not that any of this matters though, as long as the file tags and metadata are correct

How many songs do you have?

>Artist - Album (Year)
that is the standard

Filenames tagged
[artist] - [album] - [track number] - [song title]

That is one (1) standard.
>Artist - (year) - Album
is another standard

this is best way

For collaberations if its a compilation album with many artists I just sort it into a Compilations folder. If its two artists I place it in either of them then create a symbolic link to put it in the other without duplication.

Music > artist > album
Any other way is autism

What's the point of putting the year as a separate folder when you could just include it before the album name on one folder and it would chronologically order it that way?

Genre > Artist > Album/EP/etc > songs

>Genre > Artist
Why tho, won't it be a pain with bands like Boris who tend to change genres quite a bit?

bpm > artist > album > songs

only right way ITT

I name my folders artist - album and keep everything in one folder. Works perfect

year isn't a separate folder in his example

are you retarded

small brain -> medium brain -> big brain -> letting your music player organize by tags
biggest brain ->

/ Music
/
/ + {*1}
/
/ ()
/ Music Archive {*2}
/

{*1} = many artist folders have a folder named "EPs and Singles" or something similar preceded with a "+" so that Windows puts the folder to the top of the folder list. Every music plays i've used doesn't mind the plus, but it makes artists with huge ep or bootleg collections like Phil Elverum easier to sort.

{*2} This folder is for shit I don't really listen to and don't want clogging up my media library (my default player is Dopamine, previously Zune), but also don't want to delete. For example: I like having non-standard christmas music like Sufjan's albums and I keep them in the archive until it becomes the christmas season.

>small brain
Literally who cares about folders user. You're not looking at folders when you're using your player.

oh dammit... I didn't expect Sup Forums to remove the spaces next to my folders...

to directly answer you , I would put WTT as either VA, edit the Album Artist tag to put it under Jay Z's or Kanye's discography, or change the album artist to "Jay-Z // Kanye".

Artist -> Year - Album [ ]

That's the basic structure. The brackets aren't always there - that's just where I add extra information I think is relevant. Stuff like "EP," "Live" (if it isn't in the title already), "bootleg," etc.

I put collaborations wherever it's implied the majority of the credit lies. Something from X (with Y) clearly goes in X's folder. X & Y implies it's a more even collaboration and gets its own folder.

kind of my point, folders aren't a good way of accessing music when tags and a music player that can parse them properly exist

Good folder management is important when trying to ether add music or share music.

Music/Artist - [date] Album name/songs

Kanye West and Jay Z - [1963] Watch the Throne

-Date Added

Fuck everything else

By artist, then album by year.
It gets annoying when an artist puts multiple albums out in the same year and they get out of order because of alphabetization.

I sort by artist date of birth

Artist - Album name

K-pop

purepop, slutpop

>purepop
old, current, GOATs

>slutpop
old sluts, current sluts, best sluts

Artist > Mini-albums, singles, lives > Year-month-day Name

For my library in my music player its like this
$stripprefix(%Album Artist%) - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

however just in the folders themselves its just album artist and then album alphabetically.