I'm about to get my wisdom teeth pulled under local anaesthetic (general costs 700 bucks more). How nervous should I be...

I'm about to get my wisdom teeth pulled under local anaesthetic (general costs 700 bucks more). How nervous should I be? Is it true the sound of your bones cracking is the worst part?

5 hours in chair. Had 2 drill them into little pieces and pull each piece. Only got 2 out. It is hell.

You might die.

Fuck that shit. I'm getting all 4 out in hospital. Put me down and I won't remember a thing

This is the way to go, OP. I had all four taken out under general anesthetic, but the pain afterwards. Omg

Only had one out. Local anesthetic. Didn't feel a thing. A bit disconcerting when you hear the cracking. Get some decent pain killers for after it wears off, and bob's yer uncle.

Felt nothing, basicaly they slice open your gum, pull the teeth out(you might feel your jaw scraping à bit but it isn't painful at all), and stitch the gum close.
That's it, one hour tops.

Great. I'm in my late 20s, so I've probably got some gnarly roots they'll have to deal with.

I'm scared shitless, but that pain will translate into being able to pay rent this month, so...

How was the pain bro? I'm not keen but they are giving me hell plus I have private health insurance so why the fuck not.

No worries. If structurally intact - even if impacted, that is growing horizontally - an upper takes at most 40 minutes, a lower at most 1.5 hours. Local anaesthetic is more than enough, they'll give you 3 shots: one in the nerve chain, on in the roof, and one around the tooth.

It goes as:

1. If it is buried under the gum, a few quick cuts, and part of the gum is taken off.
2. Pulling on the tooth, extracting it with various tools.
3. Finishing up with a nice hidden seam (the ends of the thread are actually pulled through your gum, and they are finished around your canines - hygiene and simplicity reasons.

If your tooth shatters when extracted, or curves into your gum or jawbone, well yes, you might need drilling. But this only means that your tooth will get drilled to smaller pieces, and then picked out from its place. Nothing serious.

The worst part is the extraction. You can close your eyes, but you'll still hear the sound of the tooth leaving the jawbone and the gum, which sounds like a really old tree slowly falling. Hard to forget, and terrifying there and then.

Do ask them if they can clean it up and give it to you, it actually looks cool.

Are they impacted or anything. Or did they grow normal? I did the same thing op

I had all 6 of my wisdom teeth pulled and I went under for 15 min and it was done. They put me in a room with my stepdad and I had to stay there for a half an hour to make sure everything was ok. While there I was in so much pain I thought my life was indanger and almost bolted to the door. When you wake up if your anything like me the pain meds won't work and it's gonna hurt. If you can don't smoke weed cause your mouth will get infected. Take edibles and take some strong ones I'm talking fucking strong and just sell your pain meds for a nice little price or trade them for some really good weed to make edibles.

Only one upper is impacted; the two bottom ones have emerged normally. Only problem the surgeon said was my age, which means they've developed solid roots.

I had all four cut out in my late teens. Waking up is the best part. I was high for days.

>All 6

Kek

All these lies.

I had both my top 2 wisdom teeth pulled out sitting in the chair with local.

Injection to numb and out within 5 seconds of pulling.

Hardly any noise, as if you were flossing.

Bleeds a bit and if you don't get stitches look after your blood clot because dry socket is meant to be fucking terrible.

Good luck

Age? No way bro. I'm 30. You?

I'm 29. It didn't sound like they were pulling up the Yggdrasil by the roots when they did yours?

>all six
Are you a wolf?

same here. I can fall asleep at the dentist tbh. the only really weird thing I noticed is when the tooth pulls free from the socket in your jaw, there's this tremendous feeling of pressure being released. its as though your head is in a pressure chamber all the time and you never notice until some of it is relieved. otherwise no real discomfort until after.

my big advice though is to not pack the sutures with gauze like they tell you. I did on the first 2, and every time I changed them, they ripped and tugged and I would start bleeding. took so long to finally heal. when the other 2 were pulled I just let them be and bled a bit the first day. healed in less than half the time. I took nuprin pain killers. be aware that aspirin thins blood and can male clotting less effective. if you're a wuss then avoid Tylenol. too much can fuck your liver for life.

Not got mine done yet bro. Getting all 4 done soon.

you will bleed, a lot, for a while. my tongue was coated black with blood the next morning. it was like, something to scrape off with a toothbrush.

I was 26when I had mines removed. I did them 2 at a time.

The actual procedure doesn't really hurt .only when they poke my mouth with that fucking needle to numb.

The one thing to worry is the pain after the procedure. The pain super fucking sucks and it's annoying bc Tylenol/ibuprofen didn't help. If you know anyone if anything stronger I suggest you ask them to hook you up with a pill. The pain only lasted the day of. Afterwards it's all good just sore and well kinda shitty bc of the eating thing.

You'll be fine op. I'm a pussy for pain and I made it alive. Also avoid straws . Don't suck out the clot afterwards

Hmm mine is sideways but no pain. The one that had pain was the top one that grew straight. If it comes out sideways fully and doesn't hurt is their a reason to get them out? Like do you get tooth cancer or something?

BTW had 12 fillings 4 crowns and 2 root canals with one root canal retreat that needs to be retreated again

Nope just have an English mother with weird genes

Couldn't say, I got all 4 pulled under general but had 3 pulled before that under local (to relieve crowding). Honestly the worst part of that was that they injected both the inside and outside of the gums with Novocain. When they did the outside, the anestestic started started dripping out of the first puncture wound onto my tongue, and suddenly I couldn't move it so it was real hard to talk and tell the dude that I could feel the root breaking. It was excruciating. Like a horror movie.

Yep fucking sucked bro :|

mine took 12 min of anestetic waiting and 20 sec to pull 2 short half second cracks no pain no swelling no aftereffects. cost 32 euros...

I got a melanoma cut off my earlobe, and it was a long 45 minutes. I heard every scalpel slice through my ear. Can't imagine how bad getting your teeth pulled is gonna be

Only 4 wisdom teeth Sup Forumsro

Over here it costs hundreds per tooth

USA. Fucking fagmuricastan

tell them you are feeling nervous about it. Tell them you have a little dental phobia and you have been panicking about this.
Then eat all the vallium that they give you and wont give a shit about anything including the two people trying to crowbar your teeth out.

No, the worst part is the needle. It's a big needle. I mean, they put some sort of 'numbing' shit on the area, but you feel that needle. It crunches. And they move it around. And stick you more than once. Sometimes they give you more needles, this time with adrenaline. They can only give you so much. Then, if the anaesthetic works, you probably won't feel the pliers dig into your gum and wrench each tooth around. Grunch. Grunch. Careful not to choke on the blood! And your jaw won't be sore for a week. And let's hope you don't get any dry sockets! Fuck, that's worse than the needle! Holy fucking Jesus. Dry socket. Like a migraine in your mouth, and everybody's hammering a screwdriver in there! Fuuuuck!

Kek you poor bastard / stupid cunt. Make sure u got lots of ice packs, gauze and ice packs. If u r extra prepared it would be nice to provide headphones to anyone living with you for the next few weeks so they don't have to listen to your screams of pain everytime you eat / drink / cry / move / do anything

I had three removed in Job Corps under local. Had to put a knee in my chest and wrench one out. No acess to narcotic painkillers there so they gave me 500mg ibproufin. Soaked my pillow with blood the first night.

My friend tells me stories about dry socket. Once she was talking and felt something pop out of her dry socket...it was an entire, unchewed ramen noodle

OP here; I'm leaving for my appointment now. Thanks anons. Remember to brush your teeth.

I do not like the though of getting put out.

>I told the dentist this and she said it would be really painful and that I should do it.
>I told her when I had my lowers pulled it did it without.
>She said that I'm older and it would hurt more
>I say fucking - might as well
>Go in and its a different Dr.
>He says "Are we putting you under"
>I say "fuck no - lets get this over with"
>He gives me two locals and comes back
>The left side came out no pain
>The right side I could still feel my tooth and could feel it getting pulled out. Hurt a bit but it was done.
>The pain worse was really no worse than a hangover

All 4 teeth without getting put out. I would do it again. It also helps if the assistant is hot. When I had my lowers pulled the assistant was a cute latina with a nice rack. I just starred at her tits and felt nothing.

The worst bit is when they actually pull the tooth and the anaesthetic doesn't quite work cos they never do and you shit yourself in pain and the hot dental nurse tells everyone and never looks u in the eye again - true story

ask if you can listen to music with your phone

No one ever tells u that involuntary erections and ejaculations are a common side effect of this local anaesthetic. It's pretty embarrassing when u blow your load while getting a filling

>No, the worst part is the needle. It's a big needle.

If you have a modern dentist, they will use a computerized device, called "the wand" maybe, to give you local. It's a very small needle and basically pumps in medicine with fewer sticks and faster, more accurate numbing. It's the most painless procedure I've ever had when I had to get an older crown removed.

Why not just cut your ear off? You don't need it. Like when I had a wart on my finger (didn't cut off my finger) I didn't treat it I just dug into my finger with a razor and took a chunk out. Same with a nasty internal zit. Just stabbed my leg with a knife and cut it open. Easy to prevent infection if you know what to do

The pain is the worst part. Idiot

the worst things are
>1. you hurt yourself because of the anaethetics
>2. the wound gets infected and healing takes *much* longer / needs additional work
>3. you talk shit to people that previously respected you because of anaesthetics side-effects
3 only applies to shithole countries, such drugs are discouraged/illegal in europe, but you mentioned you need to pay for medical care so you likely are in a shithole country

do not worry about the operation itself. its nothing.
every single time you fell down on the playground as a kid was worse than getting your wisdom teeth pulled.
you can handle that eazy peazy.

Look at Mr Satan being a blood fountain that's metal as fuck but it can't be hygenic to have blood soaking all over

No 6

Hail, Satan!