Could someone explain to me why Fat Joe, and any other person of Hispanic descent, is allowed to say the N-word...

>Could someone explain to me why Fat Joe, and any other person of Hispanic descent, is allowed to say the N-word? I mean I guess it's unrelated but like that shit don't make any sense

You gotta admit he's got a point...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0v18-iyrHk
youtube.com/watch?v=dnMvz3mLXaA
youtube.com/watch?v=sabfx1vfsQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whats n word

nincompoop

nepotism

As if slavery didn't also happen in South America

I mean, the Caribbean but yeah also SA

>Fat Joe was born on August 19, 1970, in the South Bronx area of New York City, where he was raised by parents of Puerto Rican and Cuban descent.[1][4] He lived in public housing and began stealing at a young age to support his family

>Burd grew up in an upper middle class Jewish family in the Elkins Park neighborhood of Cheltenham Township

So you can say it if you're poor/grew up poor?

More like if you're a victim of systemic racism

It's like asking "why do certain people look OK in fedoras while most people look autistic?" Some people can just naturally pull off saying nigga and others just can't. Due to his upbringing, Fat Joe sounds comfortable and casual saying nigga, but with Lil Dicky it would seem forced and bizzare. It would be on par with someone like Jay Z calling someone a wanker or some shit.

what does slavery have to do with it? If whites were inslaved would we get to say the N word?

>If

Why does nobody realize that if we could all say nigga or nigger without negative consequences everyone would say it for like a month before it got old and the word would lose its power? Goddamn you Americans are dumb as fuck.

lmao fair enough my nigga

This. Australians throw around the word "cunt" on a daily basis like no problem, but you say that in America in public, and people look at you like you grew a second head. Say that to a woman, and it's even worse. The more you say something, the less power it has. Not hard to figure out.

>systemic racism
Go back to tumblr with that shit

White people never learn do they?

Because we're also victims of racism. I'm half-Puerto Rican and half-white but I'm dark skinned and I've been called a spic, wetback, beaner, and even nigger multiple times in my life.

>Because we're also victims of racism.
D'awww, here, have a victim brownie.

Thanks for the shortcut, I was about to post a thread there.

Because hispanics don't pussy out when confronted for saying it. Simple. Whites condemn their own for saying it, unlike Latins. Blacks also gull white people into feeling guilty for saying it. Whereas a Latin would respond with " fuck outta here nigga."

The only white people I see get away with it are those that grew around black and latins, or ones who are not gonna pussy out when confronted.

Tldr: because white people are too pussy to defend their right to say it and/or are too conscious about what others think of them. Street slang comes with nuts.

Because we hispanics are more comfortable with the more or less equivalent of "nigger" (negro, literally black) and use it very often, even to dark-skinned amerindians. I call a friend of mine negro and say black people jokes to him even though he's not of african descent, but has brown skin because he's mestizo, of prominent amerindian descent

I think there are black people who would disagree, since your ancestors often enslaved west africans

See? This identity politics bullshit is just childish fighting over who's the most oppresed. I wish I could go back in time and beat the shit out of Karl Marx for doing this to us.

white people care more about who can say the word than black people do at this point

in 2017 a white person saying nigger/a comes off more as tryhard and cringe than offensive

Yeah, and their black peers on the west african coast were the ones that got them in the first place to sell them to europeans.

why do white people wanna say the n word so much?

Hispanics are basically a mix of every other race so if you're going to go by the "you have to be black to say that word!!" way of thinking most of them fit the bill at least somewhat

Slavery in the new world was pretty distinct from how it was done in the old world, this argument is always such a poor form of justification. Its often irrelevant to the conversation too and is just brought up as a lame attempt at a "gotcha!" moment

Whys this shit even on Sup Forums

they think it makes them look cool

kinda like how middle schoolers like to curse excessively

its the appeal of the taboo

"nigga"

Because it's a funny word. Also the fact that it's "forbidden" to say just makes people want to say it more. Of course you neo-Sup Forums redditor/tumblrina tourists can't comprehend even the most basic fucking shit.

>blacks who were never slaves are offended by being called niggers

I wish we had Sup Forums mods for even a single day

also this guy is such a boring rapper

Even white people are allowed to use that word nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0v18-iyrHk
youtube.com/watch?v=dnMvz3mLXaA
youtube.com/watch?v=sabfx1vfsQA

>I wish we had Sup Forums mods for even a single day
What's so special about them? I've never posted on Sup Forums.

Sup Forums's like the only popular fast paced board on the site where the mods and janitors still try

So south african whites are free to say nigger?

>women who were never whores are offended by being called whores

Silly user. Everyone knows all women are whores.

you sound hella white

Thanks. I don't take "white" as an insult since I'm not a self hating nu-male, but nice try nigger.

>women who arent whores

post one

>"why do certain people look OK in fedoras while most people look autistic?"

Facial aesthetics, I doubt Jon Hamm could get away with saying nigger though.

we don't speak english in south america though

It's very hypocritical that blacks say nigga all the time, but get offended when someone else says it. If you really hate that word, maybe you shouldn't use it yourselves.

Your mum. She's exclusively mine

In truth, I also have been with anons mom. She likes it when I call her nigga in bed.

This thread is retarded. There are no set "rules" for saying nigga. There are annoying white people who say it among their friends (just look at any video of white people fighting on youtube). There are latino people who grew up with black friends who say it. There are black people who think that the word is offensive and don't even like other black people saying it.

The amount of butthurt over who can and can't say it is worse than the butthurt over the word itself. Go ahead, white people. Go ahead and say nigga as much as you want. Just be prepared for the consequences and don't whine when you get your ass beat.

No way. Maybe all women are whores after all

Sure thing nigga

Through the late 70s/80s the hispanic community mixed a lot more than they had before with the blacks in NY. With so many emerging subcultures in the poverty, they shared the same projects and neighbourhoods and were marginalised the same, so it was seen as more acceptable. It was more how you grew up and who you grew up with, white jewy kids growing up in brooklyn could say it with the right people.

Cypress hill was in the same situation as NWA so it was understandable to get more of a pass. Tl;dr Minority bants

We'd be blancas but yeah if he we had been colonised and enslaved for a couple hundred years then put into corrupt racist societal structures where the phrase was used as an abusive slur, we could say it and get pissed off if they used it.