I need to know if there is anything I should be weary of/ look out for

>2001 ford mustang
>Little over 9000 miles
>$5995
>No interior problems, unsure about the rest of the car though
>No dealer warranty at all

Yeah watch out for crowds and pedestrians

9000 miles? you mean 90,000?

If a older car has real low mileage that means it sat for a very long time without being driven (which can lead to problems) or it had an issue that stopped it from being driven or got wrecked. You can be lucky and find one of those perfectly taken care of only driven to a short commute cars but just be wary and test drive the hell out of it.

v6 or v8?

My fucking bad yes I meant 90k

No idea

price is probably reasonable. Check kbb.com
Good looking car and I'm not a ford guy. I like the paint scheme, sunroof. If you're happy with the options it has, have it examined and go for it! Get a carfax. Always

If its the 4.6v8 them look at the coolant crossover at the front of the upper intake plenum. If its metal you are gtg. If its the black plastic, it WILL fail. There was a class action about it back then.

lol 90k 2001 - only 6k!!!!!

shitty investment tbh. You'll get a couple years out of it before it starts having a ton of problems.

make sure to spend the $150 getting a serious checkup at Firestone or somewhere similar. Check everything.

Judging by the badging, it's a V-6. 6 grand for a 90k mile v-6 is an absolute rip-off. You can get a GT for that. Look at a different car.

should be way less than that

Jackass, look up recalls and service bulltins, shitforbrains

>coolant crossover at the front of the upper intake plenum
now you're just making shit up. it's a ford, not a millenium falcon.

No that car is shitty and overpriced

This. Whoever is selling the car is trying to get someone to buy it because "oooo fast car"

This, those plastic plenums warp and leak coolant/air leaks. You will need new plenum and gasket. Easy of u can do it yourself. Struts also go out on those...

It's obviously a v6

Is it the v6 or the 8? The six has some serious engine problems but I'm not aware of anything in the 8 aside from standard performance vehicle issues

>weary
Wary. The word is wary, you fucking idiot. You could also use leery. Weary means tired.

is gay

Look for the manufacturer's tags. If the car says something like "Ford" or "Dodge" or "Chevrolet", you probably don't want it, it's shit.

You shouldn't be buying a car if you can't tell if it's a v6 or V8

Ride the bus instead

this

Dude op stop being a stupid Faggot and just go finance a brand new car.
>be me 23 years old
>have owned 1979 Ford t bird, 2004 pontiac grand am, 1995 Volvo 850 turbo, 1991 Chevrolet s10, 2005 nissan titan, 2004 Chrysler Concorde.
>bought all of these vehicles used but paid for them outright thinking i was saving money.
>all of these vehicles Broke down and were wasted money.
>bought a brand new kia optima ex 2017.
>totally realize now what it means to pay for a peace of mind.

/o/ is that way =>

So much this.

Overpaying for a 2001 v6 mustang.
If you look hard enough you can find a 5 speed gt around 120k miles for that price.
Be careful with the sunroof too the curvature of the roof makes them prone to leaks especially since sunroofs dont come stock.
I own a 2004 gt.

I'd be more interested in that R51 back there.