What do you think of this masterpiece? Great characters for starters

What do you think of this masterpiece? Great characters for starters.

Matthew Fox is always 10/10

Weak story, uncompelling acting, terrible script, schlocky climax, and a lackluster score.

This was one of the worst films I've seen in a while that received high praise.

The best western since Unforgiven

I wonder how much "Brutal As Hell" got paid?

kys

Contrarian against popular opinion

Contrarian against Sup Forums's opinion.

It's a movie that's also a meme on Sup Forums stop pretending like you don't know, I know you do, we all know you do.

It was really fun and the weird lovecraftian inbred tribe was a really cool twist on the western. I liked it.

It was shoddy and amateurish.

I dont understand the appeal of this film. If you removed the horror/gore aspect, it doesnt hold up, if you remove the western aspect, it doesnt hold up and if you add them together it doesnt hold up.

It's only redeeming feature is that it's somewhat original despite the heavy influences from Cannibal Hollocaust and From Dusk Til Dawn.

matthew fox and kurt russell in the same kino. oh yeah and patrick wilson the kinoest of actors.

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

I'm kind of put off by gore. How bad is it?

what's the worst captcha?
>all storefronts
or
>all street signs

>he doesn't use legacy captcha

Street signs
>tfw 10% of the sign is in another square

The characters were interesting, and the dialogue sounds period appropriate while remaining intelligent and avoiding too many genre cliches

Just the ending, really. Last 20 minutes or so.

>20 minutes of gore

did I hurt your feelings?
If you dont see the resemblance to cannibal holocaust, I cant help you. The dusk til dawn reference due to it taking a sharp right in the third act where it goes all out.

I dont know the director, so I dont know his inspirations, I've only seen the film.

>The characters were interesting, and the dialogue sounds period appropriate while remaining intelligent and avoiding too many genre cliches.
Good points, I guess some of the acting was decent, but there was to many things that fell absolutely flat for me. The plot was paper thin, the pacing was all over the place, sound design was either decent or laughable, everything was just so poorly setup and executed. It just felt like a somewhat half decent film student project plus actors that can actually act. Most definitely a B movie

the western parts were sweet, the whole second half was retarded though.

>Masterpiece

Yeah, nah.

Don't get me wrong I love Russel but and enjoyed the movie it just wasn't a masterpiece by anyways. it's an above average body horror movie, not much else.