I am not even joking. I am asking a question. Why is this not a thing? I mean...

I am not even joking. I am asking a question. Why is this not a thing? I mean, they could put some kind of basket on one end.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_rescue_basket
cmcrescue.com/helicopter-rescue-plucked-from-thin-air/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and how the hell the pole is not going to tilt upwards before the people are on it?

are you dumb ? but putting people on it then they jump off from the pole to let people from building going on it

you have weight that can be moved and balance all that. computer and robot could calculate and do it fast

>but putting people on it then they jump off from the pole to let people from building going on it
what?

Helicopters don't have the power to lift a human.

Needs a chopper that can carry all that weight, the pole + the weight of the people, and the counterweight. It's a bad solution

Why would you want to rescue mudslimes or jews?

Even if we don't consider the physical possibility of this, do you believe anyone would go on this stuff? Especially old prople

maah, people aren't that heavy. today's chopas can lift a lot. also that pole can be build of light material like aluminium, carbonor some other shit used for bikes

Skip the fucking retarderu idea, why not just a basket hanging from a helicopter anyway?

they could made them a nice chair with a sing that says :IF YOU DON'T SIT HERE YOU WILL DIE IN FIRE YOU MORON!"

smoke? The engine would be starved of air. In some cases of strong wind it might be possible. But then it be the problem of controlling the helicopter in strong winds. It's not too hard for experienced pilots. Idk. Maybe, the jews don't want to use the fuel. zoooozzzzle.

damn, you nigga smart.

Legit though, why don't they do this?

The chopper blades would put out the fire, rendering the whole ordeal redundant. Think, fool.

it's already done this way in a lot of cases, but a building on fire? I dont think it would work

How about an army of those drones that can support human weight? Its getting cheaper and someone could pilot those from a safe distance and save everybody. Just sayin'.

What's the big fucking deal, just get a chinook or some other cargo chopper that could lift some ppl. And the idea of that "pole" is absolutely retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_rescue_basket
nothing on saving people in burning buildings tho

This is what op should've gone with from the start, a pole or whatever wont work. Some people will slip/not be able to hold on. Everybody is panicking, people will push others.
This entire thread sucks, im out

kek

you are right, thanks for visiting anyway. goodbye

I've always wondered what it's like to be retarded. Thanks for the insight OP.

End this thread

Fly the plane into the building, get the people, fly it out.

this cmcrescue.com/helicopter-rescue-plucked-from-thin-air/

just with buildings
and that fucking crane lifted by big ass soviet helicopter

Give them parachutes

take a rope and tie some mailbags on it like steps of a ladder, one bag above the other, then fly to the building and let people jump in those bags - fly away, profit

Look at pictures of some house fires, see how far the smoke reaches up? The smoke will get sucked in by the helicopters engine causing it to fail, there is a reason that all flight is shut down when a volcano erupts. Also there are pretty strong upwinds generated and most people don't know that it's pretty hard to held a helicopter steady on one spot, let alone with reduced visibility and the turbulences created from said phenomenom. If your idea would work user, are you really that stupid to believe no one would have tried yet? Ffs.

like this?

Kek

What did he mean by this?

if you consider 'murricans to be humans

I never said that they should jump

vibration/oscillation
helicopter pilots can handle a fixed weight on a fixed-length rope (because its swings in a reasonably known way)
or a variable weight that is orders of magnitude below the choppers weight (2-3 people)

smaller drones are even worse than heavy-lift choppers near large buildings. wind is nasty around there.

sikorsky s-64, the current standard issue heavy lift helicopter can take about 10 metric tons of fuel+load. considering that neglible fuel is necessary for inner city rescue operations, theres quite some room to work with and you would still be left with exquisite maneuverability.

nah, thats just a property of many commercial engines, and its cheaper to not build them sufficiently resilient.
rescue and military helicopters in some countries are, by default, equipped with engines that can operate under such conditions.
(such conditions being anything from dust / ash / low oxygen to literally metric tons of locust in the air)

also, gps correction within big cities makes geolocation precise enough to calculate effective speed in the orders of cm/s. flying in a city alway sucks, yes, but low visibility is by no means making it impossible.

It's difficult to fly near a fire like that due to updrafts caused by the heat

This is in reference for 9/11 right? How the fuck are they supposed to r&d that shit in like an hour before the towers fell?

he's right though you could ride the updraft not that you could breath in it .

we have those double blade helicopters you can get around 14 people in at a military bases within the city limits they could have probably evacuated over 100 in an hour if they had two of them and cleared air traffic and landing for them.