Swans?

Any swans fans here?

Other urls found in this thread:

younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/deliquescence
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope. Never heard of them. Some kind of country music group I imagine.

I love country!

Yes

You know hes a literal rapist right?

He was accused of violating consent by one woman, and and he has a different perspective on what happened that night. I'm not saying he definitely didn't do anything wrong, but neither of us know what really went down so you should just shut your goddamn mouth and quit spreading libel about other people

Even if that were true, I wouldn't care. I would still listen to his music and it would be exactly the same to me.

he's racist too, i have it good moral authority that the tapes from the Apprentice where he says nigger repeatedly exist, what u think about that huh?

That was the apprentice with all the washed-up No Wave musicians, right?

You can't separate the art from the artist.

Sure you can idiot

You joke but he's made like 10 country albums unironically

arto Lindsay didn't run the coffee stand up to code, gira called him a nigger

Watch me.

I know with absolute certainty that Michael Gira did not rape Larkin Grimm despite the total absence of proof. Doing so would take a profound hypocrisy and a lack of self-control which would both be completely antithetical to his character. There is no point in entertaining the notion that he could be a rapist, because it is wholly ridiculous.
Michael Gira is not washed up. He is enjoying the highest level of success that he has ever been privileged to receive.
Michael Gira has a distasteful reverence for blues musicians and has frequently said that he, in making groovier Swans music, is not a "white boy trying to be groovy". If you wanted to discover a semblance of racism within him, it would lie somewhere thereabouts.

Gira is a God to me. I listen and worship all his material ranging from Swans, Angels of Light, Body Lovers, etc.

wtf??? I love Swans now!

debate me coward

>he has a different perspective on what happened that night.
Most rapists do

>If you wanted to discover a semblance of racism within him, it would lie somewhere thereabouts.
I'd assume he also probably doesn't like Jews from when he got bumraped as a teenager in Israeli gaol.

PUT YOUR OPINIONS IN ME

He was never raped, but he did witness rape

Knowing what we now know about Michael, I'm assuming it was from the rapist's angle

>I know with absolute certainty that Michael Gira did not rape Larkin Grimm despite the total absence of proof. Doing so would take a profound hypocrisy and a lack of self-control which would both be completely antithetical to his character.
And you know how fake his persona/art is.

Big fan desu

Holy Money best album

Wtf this is identical to Gira's writing.

Michael is that you?

You'll never find out.

this certainly isn't him, but could be

Why do people care so much? I didn't know the 'victims' so why would I care?

Michael Gira takes the land rover home from his shows and swims in a big pool of cash and listens to his playlists of pirated [spoiler]swans[/spoiler]music

That would only make the music better

certainly one of them

lol

Fuck, I can't listen to The Beatles, David Bowie, Radiohead, Kanye West, Xiu Xiu, Death Grips, Hella, Swans, Angels of Light, or Shellac anymore!!!!

hey mike

what did death grips do

Why is The Burning World so disliked? God Damn the Sun is easily one of my favorite songs by them.

Every song on the album is good, but a lot of people don't really care for Gira's songwriting. They'll latch onto God Damn The Sun because it's easy to understand and then move on from the album because they don't like the sound of it.

what kind of question is that

Well God Damn the Sun is still one of my favorites even if it's easy to understand. Jane Mary, Cry One Tear is another one of my favorites. Their loss if if they they don't like the album I guess.

The idea that a public figure can be instantly convicted in the court of public opinion after one person accuses him of something is terrifying. None of you who claim he's a rapist know either of the two people involved in this situation. You're making the ideologically motivated assumption that any accusation of rape must be 100% true, no matter what. In a just society, people are considered innocent until proven guilty.

I know that most of the rape accusers ITT are probably just trolls, but it still grinds my gears.

a good one

Any fake swans fans here? Like you don't listen to them but if someone was to bring them up in a conversation you'd join in even though you don't listen to them except for the few times you heard 2-3 songs of theirs?

>death grips
>hella
What did Zach even do lmao

wtf i love gira now

Any timid Swans fans here? I worship Gira but I'd never join a conversation concerning them

every fucking thread, without fail, someone posts this and everyone fucking falls for it. why do I still come here?

I have the teeth shirt and I've never heard a single one of their songs. It's gotten me laid 3 times.

You know when there's this many replies he HAD to do it.

Typical Sup Forums

if they offered long-sleeved shirts I would buy them.

What kind of cuck wears long sleeved shirt?

people who live in cold areas you close minded prick

true Swans fans would not willingly expose themselves to their own flesh

gotta hide my track marks, it's part of being an indie star

if you don't cover as much of your body with clothing as you can manage to, you are at heart an impure fornicator

lol

you're a shitty person

up tha swannies

>guaranteed replies

Any lonely Swans fans here? I would gladly join a conversation about them if I knew anyone who liked them

I like them but I haven't heard too much from them. I guess I'm kinda a newer fan

I think Swans are one of the best bands of all time

any schizo Swans fans here? I would glady join a conversation about them if i knew one of (((them))) liked them

I was diagnosed a few months ago

younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/deliquescence
deliquescence is back up?

Who else /listeningtoswanswhilewatchingmarbleracesonyoutube/ here?

I feel like I should buy it

It's so good. The album sequencing is perfect and both the new songs and the more evolved incarnations of existing songs are incredible. I've seen a lot of disappointment felt for Deliquescing or TMWRTBU, but the way they fit into a full listen-through makes it perfect. If you liked The Glowing Man, you should buy it.

K

My friends don't like Swans :(

Lol

>needing friends' validation to buy something you enjoy
just enjoy the music and talk to your friends about something that won't make you feel miserable

Nigga I already bought it

Well, it's not like he raped YOU.
So what gives?

any french Swans fans here? I would glady join a conversation about them if i knew anyone who listened to american experimental rock.