PANNED

PANNED

who?

ooof, good thing I loved it. He's just missing out

Do you just sit in his subscription box every day to make this thread as fast as you can?
You're vermin my man

huh

Huh?

I got the notification on my phone and heard the ding

good. I can't wait for the day this band will fuck off

This is going to be one of his most disliked reviews ever

much better

King Gizzard or whatever the fuck are as cringy and shitty as their name

What's the problem? They make the same album every year

Did I say there was a problem?

This

I'm asking why is he getting so many dislikes for calling out a mediocre band releasing a mediocre album? I don't even like Fantank but KG is pretty average

Sorry should have worded that better

I'm tired of hearing how this shitty Oh Sees rip off is releasing a new album every other weekend and saving rock and roll, hopefully the tasteless drones that constitutes their fanbase will stop talking about them now

I agree with him. The spoken word bits are a bit overkill and just get annoying after a while. If there wasn't any spoken word it would've been a strong 8 desu

Why does this band make so many people upset?

Is this the worst year in the history of music? In my opinion it is.

that album is a strong 9!

>releases the same album every year
>gets praised by their mindless drone fans every time

Jesus Christ at least shitty pop artists wait a few years in between releases these guys are just trying to cash out as soon as possible

I rarely agree with what melonhead has to say, but he pretty much summed up my thoughts on this. The spoken word is annoying as fuck.

I love that album

He liked their last couple albums

gotta get the sheckels while you're still relevant man I give them 1-2 more albums before they burn out

yeah

I just bought the album yesterday, and it's really crazy.

Once you get into the lyrics and the spoken word, the album really is pretty consistent with its stories.

I've been listening to it a lot and I must say it's probably 8.5/10 for me. Lord of Lightning and Han-Tyumi is really the best 2/3 of the album. I really dig the whole "Vomit" feelings the robot talks about the end(perspiration, spewed milk over milky way, etc...). The spoken word are really well written.

Yep, same as last year and the year before that.

>The spoken word is annoying as fuck
T H I S
it ruined the album for me; it was just a rehash of Nonagon anyway: at least they tried (and succeed) to reinvent their formula with Microtanal Banana.

Last year's first half was similarly bad and got carried by the second half across the finish line.

nope 2016 was pretty damn amazing most people here agree

Lol this board acts like King Gizz is praised so much, but in reality all this board does is shit on King Gizzard. Now that Fantano has given it a 6 they feel validated by a critic who gets shit on by everyone on this board. Woooweee

t. King Shitzard fag

calm down melon

I don't even watch this guy anymore but how the fuck could you expect him to like this? It's one of the best albums of the year, that guarantees a 5 or 6 from him.

Lemme guess: he spends the whole thing bitching about "short tracks that don't go anywhere" and "too much cheesy spoken word"? Am i close here?

6/10 insult

He just talks about the Spoken word taking too much time.

Stupidly, this is why I like the album in fact. It is a much more interesting depth to each song where Nonagon were just a bunch of cool rock songs blend together. The lord of lightning vs. Balrog spoken word works really making the song really cohesive.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I'm in your mind Fuzz, Nonagon Infinity, and Murder of the universe are all supposed to be a trilogy project, I hope they try more creative stuff in the future now that that's done. While those 3 are all really cool in my opinion, I think they've pushed that sound as far as they can.

Wow, no shit, someone defending a band likes that band. Are you some sort of genius?

lol, I thought he said he loved it like two weeks ago.

because nonagon, motu, and im in your mind fuzz are a trilogy you retard

nice opinion melon

the concept is nine albums long check the catalog

sketches of brunswick east is gonna be sick bros

any connection besides those between IIYMF, Nonangon, and MOTU is minimal at best. I'm pretty sure they've said in an interviews Quarters was written/recorded in like a day and Paper Mache Dream Balloon was specifically made to give them a break from working on Nonagon Infinity

fantano's scores are like golf, the lower it is the better quality

I don't think those complaining about the spoken word passages have listened to Eyes Like the Sky. This is not so out of left field from them so it shouldn't come as a shock.

They're making it 5 times this year, acktchually.

I actually loved the spoken word bits. Everything Fantano is citing as reasons for not liking the record and reasons I have for liking it. I especially like the last third with the text to speech program representing the cyborg.

they have no shame lmao

Yeah, I feel like KGATLW is heavy psych for autists.

So that would make SBTH god-tier

most of the best albums Fantano reviews, he gives 4-6. it's usually because he doesn't understand them so he doesn't really strongly like OR dislike them.

but also most best albums Fantano doesn't review at all

>5 albums a year that ALL sound the same
>muh shitty psychedelic and garage fusion
>b-but microtonality
>RATTLESNEK XD

Glad this piece of shit band got exposed

>that ALL sound the same

that's just false

>let's change the tempo every album so nobody thinks it sounds the same

where is his fleet foxes review

I actually agree with him. Microtonal Banana was great but this one was pretty meh, and the "story" was awful.
This too. Literally the only thing that hasn't been a dissapointment is Vince Staples' album and he hates white people so I'm not even allowed to like it, fuck.

I dunno, 387 BC was pretty shit.

>likes Vince Staples
>thinks this has been a bad year for music

fucking pottery

listened to a few of their albums, if you think they all sound the same i'm not sure you belong on this board

I can see some similarities, but to say they are just making the same album over and over is silly.

Alright then, show me your obscure avant-garde nu-male poetry album that nobody knows about so we can all see your superior taste in music, faggot.

why would I show you an obscure avant-garde album? how is that relative to Vince Staples who is literally pop-rap?

but anyways if you want a hip-hop album with great lyrics and production that came out this year try pic related

if you're a hip-hop fan you should already know him

very good album