So now that the dust has settled, what do we think? Do we still hate it...

So now that the dust has settled, what do we think? Do we still hate it, or are we withholding judgment until we see where they go with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/08/16/pennywise-costume-stephen-king-it-movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lets be reality, it's gonna suck and I don't want it to

its gonna suck, and i wish it wouldnt. this book is probably my favorite book.

no pseudo-pg-13 jewfest for profits is going to make it ok

>implying I'm going to see it

Not because it's a remake or because they ruined a classic or nothing like that. I'm just not interested at all. The movie has zero appeal/

>imagining the subtlety of the Fuku IT
Fucking kikes did this

The edgy scary clown tells you everything you need to know about
All they had to do was make him a normal looking clown that acts in an unsettling way and it would have been so much more effective
I would still a young Bev though

What's wrong with it? I loved the television film.

What the fuck, I hate the original IT now.

Sup Forums will just echo whatever the Rotten Tomatoes score is in the end.

Who is "we"

Who the fuck are you

you probably last saw it when you were 10 or younger.

it's quite literally insulting watching it after age 16

>Flick isn't even out yet
Dust status:
>[ ] SETTLED
>[X] NOT SETTLED

I'll say this, I know the director cares about it. I loosely know the guy through a close friend that is friends with him, and I know that he both enjoys IT, and he turned down the offer to make a sequel to his other movie Mama because he thought it would be a crappy cash grab.

I don't whether the movie will be good, but I hope it is because I'm pretty sure the crew are doing their best to make a good movie. Who knows tho, I mean a remake is usually a good indication somebody somewhere is trying to cash in. I can't doubt that the studio might shit on what could be a good movie with a bad cut.

>Giant Drider

The first time I watched it was when I was 19, last , 22. What exactly is wrong with the film? It's one of my favourite horror films.

>friend says he really loves the new It design
>asks my opinion

Are they going to do that ONE part that's in the book? People would go crazy over that, even just if controversial.

>It comes out to theaters back in the mid 80's.
I think it was what, 84? 83?
>It was a massive fucking flop.
>Quickly forgotten about except for a bunch of hard core scary movie dicks.

>Somehow they think they are going to make some big bank off a reboot of a flop film.
GOTCHA!

Remake Killer Clowns from Outterspace then.

This is one still. I doubt anyone would have liked Tim Curry's Pennywise from seeing just one still. And he wasn't exactly a known name back then either was he? So really shit was the same as it is now.

the correct answer is "It's interesting"

I actually sort of like it, or at least the concept of it what theyre trying to do. If he looked like Tim Currys penny wise we'd be complaining it was unoriginal, so at least theyre trying something new. The concept of pennywise being a monster that can copy the style of a 1900s era clown is sort of cool to me.
Id still rather they tone down the edginess a bit, but maybe they will make altercations to it before the films release

if you know him, any other info on the movie?

I don't know him well enough, never talked to him about It, that was just second hand stuff about him at least being excited to do it. I can ask and see if there is anything worth saying that wouldn't, I dunno, spoil anything huge. The last thing I really heard about from him was other movie ideas he had, but after Mama he got all these offers to do big franchise stuff. I thought he was supposed to do the Mummy, but I dunno if that was set aside or something because he liked the idea of doing another horror instead.

it's bad in literally every way. Tim curry is great, but he's simply playing a goofy clown. IT is not a clown, and this is generally lost in the tv miniseries.

...it's also a tv miniseries.

From what rumors are saying this is the creepier version of the clown when IT is getting ready to attack, so apparently IT looks more normal before this.

a "classic"? stop jerking yourself off bro the mini series is shit besides Tim Curry's performance

i sure as fuck hope so. he's supposed to look normal to draw people in, or he changes his look to draw more fear, like when it's standing on the ice, silver eyed and not casting a shadow, and the balloons are drifting against the wind.

great fucking scene.

im obviously gonna see it and just believe this is pennywise's final" form and earlier he will look more like a natural clown
or maybe they are going for a feeling of pennywise being always malicious looking as unlike the 50's/60's kids in the 80's didnt have a nice clown to look to and instead had like the poltergeist doll

I'd actually like if it's sort of a subconscious transformation when It attacks like Tim Curry's sharp teeth, as long as it has something more appropriate to remain inconspicious when scoping out prey. The costume designer went into great detail about how the new design was supposed to evoke imagery of spiders (the spindliness, bulbous sections, cracking paint on the oblong forehead, even suggests the buck teeth might actually be Nosferatu-like fangs), and individual aspects of the costume were little things It picked up from different eras over many years of living. It's pretty long but it might be worth a read.

ew.com/article/2016/08/16/pennywise-costume-stephen-king-it-movie

It would make a lot of sense for It to sort of animalistically hint at its true nature when it's hungry and goes on the attack. Kinda the same idea as the T-1000 reflexively going through its acquired disguises when it was dying in the molten steel.

can that drider dude come back

The clown is suppose to be a Harlequin porcelain doll from one of it's victims.

This movie will have more shapeshifting in it. But all that matters is It's final form looks like a Drider.

Brightened up version
The only thing i really dont like tight clothing.
I really hope he doesnt sound like he has marbles in his mouth when if he has jagged fangs

>doll of one of It's victims
Source? I dont ever remember reading that part and ive read the book 3 times

Not book, in this movie. Explained right here they went for the porcelain harlequin look as if its mimicking one of its victims toys

Ahh.
Well i just read that part and i think thats just what the writer of the article is speculating about that costume.

What the fuck are you talking about? It takes the form of a clown because it wants to lure children in. Also it's true form isn't the spider, that's just the closest approximation to its actual form that humans can comprehend.

As long as they don't go too edgydark (which they will) it could be good.

berries and cream, berries and cream I AM A LITTLE LAD WHAT LOVES BERRIES AND CREAM

F R O G G O
W I L L
S A V E

I'm seeing it for Finn.

this, the only saving grace of the movie at this point

You bet your fur it is.

Finn said Pennywise has a bunch of looks throughout the movie. I honestly don't think the costume looks all that bad, tbqh. The pose and picture comes off try hard, but I'm withholding judgement until I see it in action.

Plus, Froggo's in it. The movie is worth seeing for that alone.

>Giant Drider

PG-13
That's all you need to know.

I feel it has to be at least good, if not great, simply because the story is fantastic.

Since it's my favorite book, I have no doubt I'll be disappointed in some of the decisions made, and I'll wish other things had been done differently.

But I can't imagine it's possible that it will be terrible.

the fuck are you talking about?

It was never in theaters. It was a TV miniseries in 1990, not the mid 80s. It was never forgotten, because it got re-aired on cable so much the next 20 years, like on USA and Sci-Fi.

why does this meme keep getting repeated?
It's still R

nothing, hes a shitposter user