Why do America toss out their pop singers once they hit 30?

Why do America toss out their pop singers once they hit 30?

Pic related, Katy Perry.

Similar things happenned to Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Fergie, Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado etc before.

In my country, age doesn't affect a female artist's career as long as they keep releasing cathchy stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBj0qJ6bcIg
youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo
cornell.edu/video/beyonce-lemonade-aesthetics-style-race-gender-politics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

American pop stars need to be relatable and idolizable by teenagers which is their target demographic. That's why most of them are hot as well. As soon as they hit that 3, they've passed line where teenagers think they're cool and what they wanna become.

Katy did that to herself.

>Why do America toss out their pop singers once they hit 30?

This isn't hentai you know where if a woman were to hit her 30's, she becomes an instant MILF targeted by underage boys with huge cocks.

>America

here's your answer

Katy had at least another 5 years of sexy goodness left then she cut off her hair and tried to get """""political""""" and fucked herself over.

We throw them to the gays. Drag queens still love them and perform their music.

She was fucked from the start by being raised by hardcore born again Christians. Mix in fame and tons of money, making it impossible who actually cares about you, and it only compounds he problems.

Ah the gays. Keeping fading popstars relevant until they die and for that we thank you fags

What country are you from user

Man she's really losing it...id feel sorry for her but it's good that the masses are being exposed to the effects of mkultra brainwashing/brain compartmentalizing/personality splitting

Trips speak the truth

>mkultra

lol

Because most aren't actually talented and are just a face.

it's been around for ages. do some research on 40s and 50s Hollywood actresses and the effects that brainwashing has had on them. it's not "muh conspiracy" anymore this shit is real. there's a worldwide pedophilic and mind controlling cabal and Hollywood is behind it all

>not knowing what drugs are

>there's a worldwide pedophilic and mind controlling cabal and Hollywood is behind it all

thank you almighty Sup Forums user for invigorating my spirit and freeing my mind from something which i dont think about on a daily basis due to the fact that im not a complete fucking retard with the mental age of a child who lets others control my own life

*tips tinfoil*

Sex appeal.

Rly makes u thnk...

Katy is at her absolute peak right now, fuck are you all talking about? She has that whole vibe to her like a broke single mom in her mid 30s who's having a bit of a breakdown and would fuck some random loser just because. She was so sanitary and boring prior to this. I hope she goes full Brittany Spears crazy and we get pussy shots as she's stepping out of some limo at 5am. If she picks up a pill habit or something we are definitely getting a sex tape at some point in the future.

t.16 yr old
katy is planned "crazy" none of that will happen.

she's obviously already on pills

>mkultra brainwashing/brain compartmentalizing/personality splitting

What are you talking about? Nobody has "tossed out" any of the artists, they just went crazy.

>Katy Perry's "Witness" posts the largest second week percentage sales drop for a #1 debuting female album (-89%).
That's what happens when you don't have TALENT and ASS to fall back on

Come on, OP. I know this is a veiled Marina hate thread.

MOOrina was never famous or popular enough to even be tossed out in the first place

Called it.

did anyone else read this in stan smith's voice?

>In the United States, Witness debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 with 180,000 album-equivalent units
Yikes. She used to be a competitor to Taylor Swift, who moved 1.2 mil in her first week with 1989.

this is how it works welcome to the music industry

So remind me again why people continue to give serious replies to this guy? All he wants to do here is stroke his Marina hateboner and waifufag Charli XCX.

She didn't even come to my mind when I made the thread. Marina never really broke into mainstream. Has she ever gotten a top 10 hit in her lifetime?

pretty accurate

I think she looks cuter with the shorter hair. It took me awhile to get used to it but I definitely prefer this Katy snuggling me than old Katy.

This, her first three albums were huge successes, and then she decided to stop being fun,

Populism. We instinctively resent anyone who achieves anything or attains any kind of wealth and attack them as being out-of-touch and/or elitist. Other countries don't tend to despise success the way we do. Except Russia. Russia fucking HATES it when someone gets anything.

What makes the entire situation more pathetic is that Katy's album sales were tied to a tour bundle. So, people that bought tickets to her upcoming tour had the option of receiving the album for free which counted as a sale.

Had she not done the tour bundle there's no way she would have even sold 100k

back to pol u go

She literally cries here because because people didn't like her short hair, @ 10min40secs m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBj0qJ6bcIg

Poor Katy.

>doesn't know about MKUltra
average tumblr user

We don't punish musicians for being political, just ask Ted Nugent or Kid Rock. We punish musicians for being

L I B E R A L
H Y P O C R I T E S

I wish I could hug her

>Ted Nugent or Kid Rock
They aren't culturally relevant

They both routinely sell out arenas at iheartradio prices and they both just stayed at the White House.

IHeartRadio is just a lame 80s nostalgia trip for 40-50 year old dudes with mullets and beer guts. It's not relevant to anything.

>auschwitz victim.jpg
kek

Why the hell do I keep seeing this mk ultra shit everywhere. Did you faggots just learn about it or something?

Delete this image

>CTRL + F "Adult Contemporary"
>no results

>moving the goalpoasts this hard

ha ha ha what a stupid bitch

Those feet are fantastique

stahp she's too cute

Finally, a man with reason

They did it to themselves.

Gwen Stefani shouldn't be on your list because she had her solo hits in her 30s.

who is beyonce?

>people are unironically this stupid

Because they either suck at that point or begin to suck. Although no one threw Gwen Stefani out at 30.

>Fergie
Was always trash.
>Christina Aguilera
Decided to host America's Got Talent or some shit.
>Nelly Furtado
She just left.
>Britney Spears
Left, came back with 2 good/great albums, then Britney Jean was kind of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=tWbLkXhGEmo

It's almost like females are only as valuable as their sexual market value, which hits the wall and dips at 30....

Oh, look, its another Katy Perry shill thread.

mkutra is legit it made ted kaczynski

>They both routinely sell out arenas at iheartradio prices
in the south and nowhere else, when was the last time you heard of kid rock or ted nugent
>they both just stayed at the White House.
yeah trump doesn't have any other celebrity people who like him

>who is beyonce?
who has a massive cult following and went immediately in the political direction as she aged

>political direction

lol no? maybe to you virgin internet nerds who think a woman singing about men in a music video is being a political feminist.

900% woke

nigga if you had ever done any drug besides dudeweedlmao you'd understand that "drugs" don't fuck people up by themselves. It's so trances mixed with trauma. Whys it so hard to believe that there are people out there who create fake personas (like katy perry) in an attempt to advertise a degenerate lifestyle on impressionable minds. Can't you see the people on power wish to stay in power? This has been happening for thousands of years it isn't something invented by the alt right.

she looks the oldest and best fed member of the Auschwitz Joy Division

This photo is basically a Loss parody waiting to happen

>implying she made any decisions herself in her entire """musical""" """"""""""career""""""""""

>Katy Perry shill thread
I'm sure one of the biggest pop stars on the planet needs to be shilled on Sup Forums

whoah...

are you telling me lemonade wasnt political

>Gwen Stefani shouldn't be on your list because she had her solo hits in her 30s

After selling out and becoming generic dance pop.

its not. youre just as bad as the sjw's who think all men are sexist pigs. but youre on the opposite side. just as bad.

beyonve hasnt had a #1 song in like what? 10 years? also she cant sell albums like taylor and adele

Here's the thing though, Beyonce always had a kind of self-empowerment message in her songs, hence her recent career moves are entirely consistent with who she's always been artistically. Katy Perry is not--she was just a dumb goofball who made songs about kissing other girls and shit like that. For her to try and get political is faintly ridiculous since she probably has not even the vaguest clue about politics.

>freedom
>formation
>all that political shit she did to promote the album
you cant just ignore this, im not grasping for straws why do you choose to ignore her politically charged super bowl performance or her video for formation

?

>beyonve hasnt had a #1 song in like what
formation i believe was her most recent one

She has had 4 massive #1 albums in the past decade, her popularity can't be questioned

what. just skimmed through formation. its just her dancing around in various locations. dont know, dont care desu man. u hang around Sup Forums too much i think. probly agree with Sup Forums about things too lol

being a pop star in america has nothing to do with music. it's all about image, personality, and attractiveness. when pop stars get old (especially female pop stars) they become less sexually attractive so people care about them less. also, typically when people grow up they grow out of the hedonistic, party-lifestyle personality that appeals to the american public so much

>What makes the entire situation more pathetic is that Katy's album sales were tied to a tour bundle. So, people that bought tickets to her upcoming tour had the option of receiving the album for free which counted as a sale.
>Had she not done the tour bundle there's no way she would have even sold 100k

That's like all the aging dadrockers like KISS who come out with shitty new albums tied to a tour bundle. You go and see them play a Greatest Hits setlist and optionally get the new CD for free, and they count that as a sale.

youre a giant faggot for ignoring what i just said im done replying

I'm not sure you should give serious replies to someone with that kind of grammar/caps/punctuation use.

haha aw did i hit a nerve? Sup Forums idiot. how did i ignore what you just said, when i went through various scenes of the very formation video you quoted. idiot. you Sup Forums idiots are all the same. someone disagrees with your echo chamber beliefs and you sperg out.

*praises moloch*

Ah, but Taylor Swift is still in her 20s, Katy Perry is older than her by half a decade.

not that guy but dont you remember this, her visual album for lemonade?

cornell.edu/video/beyonce-lemonade-aesthetics-style-race-gender-politics

>a buncha people who study Race, Gender and Politics tell me how i should view Beyonce's video, so ill just regurgitate their views to others because im an idiot who cant think for themselves and has no idea about the wider world of art/entertainment

sure and snoop doggs "aint no fun if the homies cant have none" is actually a marxist communist agenda for political brainwashing of the younger generations.

#1 albums means nothing bro, every relevant artist will achieve at least one week at number 1. her recent album sales are awful comparing to taylor, adele and even justin bieber

wrong. formation didnt get #1 at billboard hot 100 (the only relevant chart)

>Because they either suck at that point or begin to suck. Although no one threw Gwen Stefani out at 30

In fact not Madonna either, she turned 30 in 1988 and still had two major albums ahead before she decided to have kids and basically fell out of relevance.

Visually and musically Beyonce is only getting better with age. Her early solo stuff was boring.

>hits THE WALLâ„¢

Can we just appreciate how qt Katy is and stop fighting.

My perspective is that this could possibly be a misconnection, as many female pop stars get famous in their mid-20s, and by the time they hit their 30's the five year cycles of music passed them up.