Fuck me, this is good. Treated as a collection of individual tracks, it isn't quite as strong as Kid A...

Fuck me, this is good. Treated as a collection of individual tracks, it isn't quite as strong as Kid A, but it blows it out of the water when listened to in sequence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4q906M5_Vfw
youtube.com/watch?v=mqaD2QAPaLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can never decide whether I like this or kid a more

That pretty much sums it up for me as well. If I'm just listening to single tracks, I lean more towards Kid A, but I enjoy Amnesiac more as a whole. Both are really good.

>tfw the b-sides to he record of b-sides is better than the actual album of b-sides

Fuck, I'd love to see it get the OKNOTOK treatment.

Amnesiac and in turn Kid A would make the least amount of sense doing the OKNOTOK treatment for, considering it's b-sides to Kid A anyway. There's not much else to release.
Anyway here are the c-sides I guess lol. A lot better than the majority of the album proper. So disappointing.
youtube.com/watch?v=4q906M5_Vfw

i agree kid a is let down (pun intended) by the uncoordinated track order and treefingers being a bit out of place - and amnesiac certainly benefits from less concern over track order, kid a is still a better album for many reasons

>I DON'T KNOW WHY I FEEL SO TONGUE-TIED
>I DON'T KNOW WHY I FEEL SO SKINNED ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
nut every time

I really wanted Cuttooth to be on Amnesiac but if it was then we wouldn't have gotten Myxomatosis
Tricky business

Why not both? Optimistic & Where I End and You Begin are both album tracks and they share lyrics too.

I fucking adore Cuttooth. Worrywort is underrated as well.

I honestly fucking hate when people say that Amnesiac are the B-sides. Like, the band themselves have outright stated that this isnt the case, why do people parrot this?

It's very obviously a distinct album made from the same sessions. Like...there are b sides to both.

fucking shit

My issue with amnesiac is that its not particularly consistent, but it has some of the bands best work as well (Life in a glasshouse, pyramid song)

their last good album

their only good album

...The fuck? We've had this same thread everyday for like the past 4 days.
Why are you doing this?

I think it's the exact opposite. Each track, barring Morning Bell and Hunting Bears, is pretty fantastic. In sequence, it just hums along with no real standouts (aside from Pyramid and Glassshouse which are great but vastly superior to the rest of the record).

Same problem with King of Limbs- the songs are individually good, but put them together and there's no color or variation really there.

>there are b sides to both
Is there? I don't recall there being literally any Kid A b-sides that aren't already on Kid A.

Amnesiac b-sides are great because they're the actual outtakes from both records. Kid A b-sides wouldn't make sense because they were trying to craft another album from those sessions still.

That's why Kid A is called Kid B-Sides: it literally is another album made form the scraps that didn't make it onto Kid A, and worse yet, they picked some of the worst scraps they had.

Literally was my favorite album for a year and a half

This

Yea the b-sides are actually amazing. Cuttooth, trans-atlantic drawl, and especially worrywort.

AIGHT NIGGAS LISTEN UP

So, Radiohead was my first "good" band I was introduced to, by a friend. Now that about a year has past, I've been listening to obvious mu shit like swans, dg, etc... And I just realized while doing dabs to kid a...

Kid A and Amnesiac should've been a goddamn double album to make the best album in Radioheads discography. I mean, think about it? and all the blank space could be filled with the amazing b-sides of Amnesiac. I'm pissed they didn't do that

>Kid A and Amnesiac should've been a goddamn double album to make the best album in Radioheads discography.
As someone who vastly prefers Kid A to Amnesiac, this is a terrible idea.

Both records have vastly different feels to them. Kid A is supposed to feel cold, distant, and electronic. Every aspect of the record is utilized to create a large, vacant space for different sounds and abstractions to come and as they please, only to build up and break down sounds in new and interesting ways to hone in on a feeling of isolation.

Amnesiac, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. It utilizes tension to get its message across, and it does that by severely compressing the space for the music to breathe. A lot of the songs purposely reserve themselves for incredibly long periods of time to make the listener feel like they cannot move anywhere, only to swell up when the music somehow finds an opening (You and Whose Army, Dollar & Cents utilize this beautifully).

By putting the records together in some weird order, you would kill the best thing about them.

Make Kid A side A and Amnesiac Side B.

You do make a good point about how they both are opposites on getting similar a point across, yet I feel the albums differences would extenuate their contrasts and make them better as one. Like you said, Kid A gives an expansive, cold take on reality, while Amnesiac is tense and psychedelic approach to display the same feeling.

Also, the 2 albums on absolutely legendary double albums like The Powers That B and Sound Tracks for the Blind are EXTREMELY contrasting, which strengthen the individual sides.

And also I can't agree more with this nigga

being a true patrician is realizing every radiohead album is a masterpiece

every BUT tkol

especially tkol

Are you kidding me? You and Whose Army>I Might Be Wrong>Knives Out is fucking amazing in sequence, hunting bears>spinning plates>glass house is great too

Every time i listen to sardines i just want to listen to that track again instead of the rest of the album
The whole album is good but imo track 1 is by far the best
Maybe i just need to give it more listens

The fucking snare on that song automatically makes the album for me.

It's one of my favourite songs of all time

keeps them from investing the time and patience necessary to understand amnesiac. it's like a defence mechanism; b-sides = not worth my time.

Amnesiac the greatest Radiohead album

Is Kid A post rock?

Amnesiac is the down to earth post-apocalyptic noir thriller sequel to Kid A's apocalyptic arthouse.

I have never listened to a single radiohead track

youtube.com/watch?v=mqaD2QAPaLk

Kys asap

at least try, form your own opinion