Should Catalonia be an independent country?

Should Catalonia be an independent country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyFLm3pzhuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it should be Greek

A better question: Do you want to deal with a new Yugoslavia?

What do you mean by that?

>Caribbean-tier flag

But I AM Greek

Please go away.

spain is not even close to being as diverse as yugoslavia

We are like the UK. Several nations living in a same country, the real difference is that we live under a unitary state that is why we have so many problems with independentism and we hate each other so much.

idk

>Caribbean-tier photoshop

millions of others in spain are not

why

>ywn be Spanish masterrace

>Let me tell about your country.

Spain means literally Iberia. Spain was a kingdon when all the Iberians united. Traitortugals got independence because of Muh money.

We will free Catalonia when we embark on our holy war and also give that top bit back to Portugal

Only if they fight for it, or are kicked out.

None of this referendum pussy bullshit.

We are far more diverse than the UK
And just about as sectarian btw, the whole Catalonia thing is peanuts compared to Ulster

Good for you

who even wants to gain independence from spain except for catalonians and 7 goatfuckers from basque country

i envy you desu

They'd rather be independant and get annexed by us, that's the kind of aura we have

Traitortugals are just another kingdom, the dogs of the British
They were a tool the british used to harm Spain, wich was one of their main goals through history. At the same time that the british were giving portugal guns and tactics to fight spain, they were giving away their portuguese colonies to the dutch.

How many nations are there?

I only know about the catalonian independence movement.

>goatfuckers
We are sheepfuckers, get your facts straight t*rk

Nah

Yes.

T. Xabier

There's Basque as well.

Why are Spanish such self loathing fags? You are the nicest people on earth probably and your country is beautiful and lively and not dull like Sweden or Germany.

Like 6 more or less but we have been united so many time that except the scatalanians, the rest do not care a damn to be honest

Basques, galicians.
Valencians and Balearics were also a separate kingdom together with Catalonia and we still have a shared language and culture

I'm sure somebody will get buttmad at this

In the west: Gallaecia / Kingdom of Leon / Kingdom Astur-Leones (Portugal started as a Galician county)
In the east: Kingdom of Aragón (Modern day Aragón, Valencia, Balear islands, Catalonya)
In the middle Castille
thats the very simplified version

Technically, the Basque and the galician have a way older history and much more unique identity than the relatively modern "catalonya" wich has a language barely 400 years old, compared to the Galician texts wich were the first texts in the peninsula, and the Basque language that existed before Romans and even Indoeuropeans arrived

Scatalonians, Basques (Bombland), Galicians(muh celts and shit), Castillians (muh superior), Aragon (Sup Forums in real life), Andalusia (muh we wuz arabs and shit) and so on....

>catalonya
What the fuck are you doing with your life

Seems like a big mess.

For teh lols

Tell me about it.

>has a language barely 400 years old
(not true, by the way)

Its just the same than the UK
Spain = United Kingdoms of the Peninsula
Portugal was just another of the kingdoms

What's an actual mess is the retarded 17 communities policy that we have now. Having only 3-4 areas like the UK does would make things so much easier and manageable.

Nah, not really. You get used of it.

Why are you counting medieval kangdoms you dumb niggers?
Are there actually prominent seperatist Gallician, Leonese or Basque groups or are you just memeing us?

>Having only 3-4 areas like the UK does would make things so much easier and manageable.
It's too late now, try to merge Navarra and euskadi and half of Navarra will lose their shit, same with Valencia and Catalonia. Federalism a la Germany would be a more sensible choice

We still have different cultures and traditions and yes there are independentist movements from Andalusia to Galicia. Welcome to the Yugoslavia which never died.

>Are there actually prominent seperatist Gallician, Leonese or Basque groups
Yes. Shit the basques were literally shooting and blowing shit up not that long ago

"Las Españas/As Espanhas" used to be the name given to all the kingdoms, even. You guys just claimed the name either out of spite, ignorance or expectation that we'd be included as well and now it's all weird.

>same with Valencia and Catalonia
What's the deal with those two? Don't they both speak Catalan? Were they not a part of Navarra or Aragon, or whatever it was?

It would be funny. Imagine the reaction of andalusians and castillians if we put them together. Literally second civil war.

Valencia hates Catalonia and vice versa though they are the same people.

Sorry valencians but it is true.

You guys have been bitching about this for years, just do it already.

You have our support.

Which of them do the Baleares like?

T. youtube.com/watch?v=IyFLm3pzhuk

They both speak Catalan, but some Valencians insist that they speak a different language because they ended up hating Catalonia somehow.
As a catalan speaker that is neither from Catalonia nor Valencia the whole thing is an ambarassment for every part involved

Baleares hate both. Catalonians are sectarian cunts.

Neither and both.
We don't really give many fucks about mainland Spain but at least these guys speak our language and are geographically close to us

>They all hate each other
You guys are even more Spanish than the rest of them.

>Not hating everybody including yourself
You're not thinking like a Spaniard here

Which, in turn, is the Portuguese-est thing ever.

I was going to say Iberian actually, but I don't know enough about Portugal. Glad to see we are still the same shit in so many ways

How to solve the overcomplicated 17 communities system

>New Gallaecia
Put Galicia, León, Cantabría and Asturies together

>Bigger Andalucia
Put Andalucia and Murcia together. Put Ceuta & Melilla under Andalucian jurisdiction.

>Big Castille
Merging the 2 Castilles, Madrid, and Extremadura into a big central area

>New Aragón
Put all former Kingdom of Aragon areas together (Aragón, Cataluña, Valencia, Balear islands) Maybe add Navarra

>Basque country stays the same

>Canary Islands stay the same

>Spanish Education
it would be the 3rd Civil War. 1936 was the 2nd.

I mean, "Not thinking like a Spaniard" is the Portuguese-est thing ever.

For all our faults we only had one major Civil war that ended up fairly quickly, and we never had any inside oppression for virtue of being a very monolithic and homogeneous country.

Hating Spaniards is indeed something we both share, though :^)

>2nd
If we count succession war and carlist shenanigans we can really pump up those numbers

gotcha, lmao

Portuguese people don't hate their own nation as much as we do by far
we are the best at hating ourselves, to the point that chanting "España" on a TV show would lead people to believe everyone on that show is a neonazi fascist

Damn, you just managed to make Andalucia an even bigger shithole. Quite the feat desu

Every country needs a containment area.

We don't. See We're very united, despite some internal banter and we stay together. I guess that carried over to America as well.

They are Catalans in disguise.

>tfw so many civil wars that we are unable to count them correctly.

>Navarra with the Catalans instead of with the Basques
For what purpose

The 1st world war was actually the 2nd one, since in the Seven year war, there was war in (almost?) all continents.

Do pre-unification wars between the kingdoms count for Spanish civil war, I wonder? Does the one in Catalunha during/right before Portuguese re-institution of independence?

Nuke this shithole and kill all Catalaniggers

>Spain is doing well, conquering the world
No Separatism, Catalans benefi from colonization no problem
>Spain is doing well, entering the EU
No Separatism, Catalan industries thrive
>Spain enters the 2008 crisis, dificult times when we need to stary strong and united
HELP WE ARE OPPRESSED, DONT WANNA PAY TAXES

Why are Catalans such Jews?

>tfw you actually learned something from reading this thread

WTF? I thought Sup Forums was just for shitposting

Sucession war
first carlist war
Second carlist war
Third carlist war
Spanish civil war.

I know there are some more. We love killing each other.

Yeah, there were tons of alzamientos. Also the comuneros revolt, irmandiños war and there were many civil wars in Castile like the Isabel vs Juana or Pedro vs Enrique.

i heard navarrans dont like basque
Catalans and Andalucians are the spoiled kids that get all the funds while the more obedient regions get nothing

no. Catalans are degenerates. there is no more degenerate place in the world than Barcelona. public drug use, public sex, and more are excessively common. the best course of action is the wholesale genocide of Catalans and to replace them with generic Castilians.

Reminder Catalonia used to love bullfighting as much as the next guy until it became a worldwide symbol of Spanish culture.

pic unrelated

>there is no more degenerate place in the world than Barcelona. public drug use, public sex, and more are excessively common
I wish this was true desu

no

wtf i love Barcelona now

Don't you worry we still love torturing bulls

>Modern day Catalonia

Independent province*

You can now use this knowledge to trigger almost any spanish poster in this board

its like the Paris of Spain

Look at any region, city, street or neighborhood and see if they want independence.

Independant nation of Barcelona, non barcelonese OUT!

I am in independant nation of 3rd street fuck off colonist imperialists.

>It's american prime time already
Welp, I'm out

Alava, Cantabria and part of Valencia and Murcia are Castile

What's the point? Added tensions and possibly a failed state all for "muh independence" is a dumbass idea.

>Puerto Rican Vietnam

lol

It should be part of France

Fuck off cunt. The welsh and us are sheepfuckers. Get your own animal to sodomise

FUCK OFF

They're already cancerous enough, we don't want more them

To know how cancerous they are look at "Manuel Valls" and "Anne Hidalgo"

you're an idiot
serbs and croats are basically the same except religion

yes there are
i know a galician dude, very nationalist

yes, yes it should

>they were giving away their portuguese colonies to the dutch.
that's not true. the dutch started to go to all our shit. we expelled them from brazil and africa but couldn't from indonesia. since we couldn't convert the locals either and the japanese hated us being there, we just took the eastern timor bit and called it a game

>England stay united
>While France is divided according to meme region

Not gonna happen, Nigel :))))

spain should just federalize like a grown up country desu