This is the greatest black metal album of all time. Prove me wrong

This is the greatest black metal album of all time. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3nxQOXlZnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ubctz2ywA
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJqSieL_nw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y515oo5c6eM
youtube.com/watch?v=ElqKKhImSUk
youtube.com/watch?v=2wsnT-qMHzs
youtube.com/watch?v=WRltxvRBbrg
youtube.com/watch?v=YDNXykkZyng
youtube.com/watch?v=GjaqsOWKcPs
youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Burzum's Filosofem, Abruptum's Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectère Me, Katharsis' World Without End

In that particular order.

Filosofem

youtube.com/watch?v=i3nxQOXlZnQ

Nothing has even come close yet.

Well this exists

t. pleb

>implying

The only people who think Filosofem is better than Hvis lyset tar oss, are the people who havent listened to it.

Oranssi Pazuzu?

Every time I listen to black metal I start out thinking "wow this is some great instrumental work" then the screaming kicks in and I lose interest immediately.

This is how I feel about everything with vocals and guitars.

MEMES
E
M
E
S

I really really enjoy black metal with only clean vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ubctz2ywA
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJqSieL_nw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y515oo5c6eM

wroooong

Hvis Lyset tar oss and filosofem are tied. Those two albums and Sea Wolf Leviathan are in fact the only three albums in existence I consider perfect and worthy of 5/5 stars.

same here

The vocals are there to weed out the false. Looks like it's working

As someone who isn't THAT big on black metal, my favourite is probably going to be quite rage inducing.

Everything about this blows my mind. The unique production with the perfect blend of calm and heavy moments, and it's so emotional. Some of the most impressive and pained vocals I've ever heard.

Other picks would include Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse and Leviathan's Scar Sighted, I consider those to be absolutely masterpieces as well.

*vomits*

>black metal

burzum's first two albums are better

Feel free to recommend some stuff.

t.

You're such a twat.

batlord is still as good as black metal gets
youtube.com/watch?v=ElqKKhImSUk
youtube.com/watch?v=2wsnT-qMHzs
youtube.com/watch?v=WRltxvRBbrg
youtube.com/watch?v=YDNXykkZyng

tee

You listen to shitty post-hardcore pretending to be black metal.
>blood fire death
>black metal

Not that user but you seriously don't think that about BFD do you...

Yes blood fire death is black metal. that's what first wave black metal sounds like

I think it's incredible too. I don't get why this gets lumped in with the nu-male meme albums. With stuff like Alcest or Deafheaven or even Burzum it makes sense due to some part of the band's aesthetic or "lore", but Altar of Plagues didn't really seem to have any of that. Even p4k didn't like this iirc.

It's literally a Slayer clone you fucking idiots. Dark Angel is also first wave black metal if BFD is.

do people actually ike filosofem? it's boring and unoriginal, and the ambient works are generic and underwhelming compared to other dungeon synth

>unoriginal
Not true. What else sounded like it at the time?

Fucking this. Everything else sounds like it, not the other way around. It is the og
Irredeemably shit opinion. Have you ever even listened to BFD? Do you even know the difference between black, death, and thrash metal?

Filosofem was actually fairly experimental for a bm album when it was made. Not really boring or unoriginal.

It sounds exactly like Hell Awaits but shittier.

Wow well maybe when you've spent more than two months listening to black metal you'll understand

ITT

>hurr it's bathory so it must be black metal

It's still just a trendy album by atmoshitters that no one (except evidently you two) even listens to anymore. Forgettable. It's not "bad" but really it's such a minor little blip in the greater black metal canon

No? Bathory made black metal and viking metal. Their black metal was highly thrash influenced but definitively first wave bm. If their first four albums aren't definitive first wave bm then I fucking dare you to tell me what is. Jesus you're an idiot. Do you think the Norwegians invented black metal in the 90s or some shit?

there's very little i find musically boring, but varg made me realize that 25 minutes of synth noodling is up there

You don't get it

abruptum's a faggot and world without end is better than filosofem

meant for

Blood Fire Death is not black metal. There are a few black metal riffs, but most of them are standard thrash riffs and none of the songs are black metal.

this is better than filosofem
youtube.com/watch?v=GjaqsOWKcPs
listen to it with an open mind
in a dark room
high af

This is first wave black metal. Heavily, heavily thrash-based. Like I've said numerous times by now, you're welcome to point at another artist or group of albums as first wave. If you're so convinced it's not bathory, please enlighten us.

Since you can't do that then go fuck yourself retard

I guess Dark Angel is first wave black metal according to your standards. First wave black metal is everything Bathory did before BFD.

By what logic are you excluding BFD? And why do you keep bringing up shit that has nothing to do with black metal

youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c

It doesn't sound at all like the previous three albums because it's thrash metal in the vein of Slayer with few black metal elements. Why don't you tell me why it is black metal?

Gotta admit
Also best Mayhem album was only the one that had Varg on the record,

Are you saying the first three albums are not thrashy and have more black metal elements than BFD? Have you fucking listened to any of these albums

This album is pretty good.

Teethed Glory is no longer in Spotify
might as well go to the archives

They are thrashy but are black metal. Blood Fire Death is almost straight thrash.

It's at least as black as the debut. Don't be arbitrarily annoying

Sup Forums i need help
I started on black metal with Filosofem and then Hvis lyset tar oss and after that fallen and all of the other burzum's album.

Whats next? whats next to listening to some of the best shit?

You might like Old Wainds