Sup Forums's thoughts on Shawn Cee?

Also, who's your favorite non-Fantano youtube music critic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRyRc3vg6T4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nearlysenileoldman

Hate that faggot, he has a youtube channel about hip-hop and he only heard madvillainy in 2017, favorite youtube critic is deep cuts

he reviews most shit after 1 listen, instantly lame.

i like him

He should exclusively react to Death Grips.

Bigquint, Adam Neely and occasionally Fantano are the only people I watch on youtube. I'm admittedly a scaruffifag so I dont really get my critiques from youtube that often

>oh, i like this production in this track
>wow, great production in this song
>quirky reaction
>abouttocum.png face
>dancing alone
>well, that was (album's name), tracks (numbers) are my favorites because beats and production
>see you in my next video

i like him

I like Deep Cuts for his charisma and his british accent, but he pretty much only dwells on Sup Forums-core and that's a bit of a turn off.

He's more of an entertainer than a reviewer desu.
He's funny enough to make me not consider how generic his critiquing skills are.

Yeah a little bit, but he always finds cool recent albums imo, and tbf fantano does that too

He's neither entertaining to watch like BigQuint or Tabby, nor informative or interesting as The Melon or deep cuts. Every video I watch of his makes me want to sleep, and his "witty" editing doesn't help either.

>and his "witty" editing doesn't help either.
Came into this thread to complain about this exact thing. His whole shtick of "constantly zoom into my face whenever I say something that's supposed to be funny" gets old and annoying really fucking fast. Once you notice it you can't get over it.

he doen't even have a reason to zoom in most of the time, dude seems to have just a single facial expression

Yeah, the only reason I still follow Fantano is because every once in a while he'll introduce me to a great artist I've never even heard of

stop being that mean bros, shit, i won't be coming back here so soon

I like Shawn Cee, although I'd like to see him branch out to other genres. I think he's miles ahead of most other reaction channels.

Dead End Hip Hop is really good. Most of their reviews are really unbiased and informed. I'm kind of surprised I don't see them mentioned more around here, but then again Sup Forums hates most non-Sup Forumscore hip hop.

Speaking of DEHH, Myke C Town is pretty good, although he can be really pretentious sometimes.

I agree with this.

Dead end hip hop, Todd in the Shadows, the rap critic, and spectrum pulse

i love shawn cee, one of the funniest in yt

I really liked Volocities in Music, but they stopped doing video reviews and started doing podcasts. I wish they were more popular, I think most of Sup Forums would dig them.

The podcast still good too.

kek

In a comment he said the channel's to familiarize himself with hip-hop, cause he's already reallly big on rock, funk, and folk

deep cuts has the personality of a fucking brick

His Exmilitary first listen was painful to watch, all he kept saying was GUYS IM NOT A PLEB I MEAN YES WELL IM A PLEB BUT I CAN SAY THAT THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME I DONT REALLY LIKE MC RIDE

also

>not liking Klink

he's like a white guy inside the body of a black man, fucking basic bitch taste

fuck off to your safe space then

>being this black man inside the body of a white man

Myke C-Town has some terrible opinions on metal, he is like those kind of guys that like it for aesthetic reasons rather than the actual music.

clearly you have never met a black guy in your life

>Talks really quietly
>Makes the same expressions every video
>Lame witty humour
>"This is dope"

That guy is fucking awful

i'm black

Exactly these

I can't figure out why people watch this guys boring ass

i hate music reviews, unless you have very similar taste to the reviewer its just useless babble

thats good to know

I used to live with this idiot. He seriously thought he knew everything about music. Pic related, I'm in orange

holy kek

I'm screencaping this and sending this to him right now.

playing DJ hero in this pic, we learned the hard way in the "Don't be roomates with your friends" thing and now we never speak. It's been about 6 years since this all went down down.

"after listening to groups like the wu tang clan, pink guy, eminem, I think I'm ready for anything, you could throw literally anything at me and I'd be ready"

is an actual quote from this guy

he's suprisingly entertaining, at least compared to other black reaction channels(BigQuint excluded ofc)

also my favorite music channel has to be OhHellFire

At least he didn't wear Hollister.

That's what's called a joke.

can I just say I fucking hate The Rap Critic?

it wasnt a joke

Bigquint or gtfo

He's not a critic he's just a reactor for simpletons

Most of their reviews are really unbiased and informed.
>But can you bump them in the whip though?

Idk how this dude reviews so much music but is terrible at rating still. He's scared to give anything a bad score besides blatantly obvious stuff.

The whole point of reacting is showing emotion. Good examples are Bigquint and Tabby. Bigquint overdoes the reactions but that's the whole point of his gimmick.

Shawn is just a boring ass nig

I watch both of them occasionally, but my main problem with both is that they straight up like everything, which makes their shit super predictable. Bigquint videos consist of him turning on the music, getting up, and dancing scream "AAAAA NIGGA!!!" for 15 minutes.

I will say that I like to watch ShawnC because he's basically the only reviewer that plays the music in the background, which is waaaaay more helpful than deepcuts or fantano saying "sizzling, punchy, (____)" for 20 minutes.

Nigga that's one out of five dudes

anthony fantano doesnt review music, idiot lol

Then what does he do

>he is like those kind of guys that like it for aesthetic reasons

This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not only is that blatantly wrong from just watching his videos but it makes it seem like you're an anal-pained try-hard who feels like "you're a real fan" or "true kvlt" because metal merch is an fashion accessory nowadays. I can see that argument, however dumb it is, being applicable to certain pop-artists and hypebeats, but trying to bunch myke in with those people is intellectually dishonest.

meme reviews

>Myke C Town is pretty good, although he can be really pretentious sometimes.

Yeah, this video is a perfect example of how pretentious he can be.

youtube.com/watch?v=dRyRc3vg6T4

>actually liking the rap critic
kys

Who here watches theCompanyMan/Justin Hunte? I always liked what he has to offer with his videos. He has a good speaking voice too.

he gives an "outsider" perspective i guess you could say

I got a good laugh out of him struggling to defend Hopsin when that guest on his podcast called him trash.

my favorite channel as of late

I think shawn cee said this exact thing on the exmilitary review

TheLoserof08

He needs to grow out of that 15 year pop punk phase that he's stuck in

He's entertaining but slowly becoming fantano as he actually starts listening to classic shit.

Chris Ott is the only music critic whose YouTube videos are worth watching

Dead End Hip Hop and Todd in the Shadows. Todd is the GOAT

I like him, but his breakdown videos always have these awful transitions where he pretends to circle something on a paper and say ___(whatever artist said)____, Yeezus!"

He's so fucking up himself and self righteous.