The first maybe 3 and a half hours were alright but the rest was such a slog

The first maybe 3 and a half hours were alright but the rest was such a slog.

Why did you recommend this?

Because we had hopes that you weren't a baby in a diaper.

The first few hours are the slog. The final five are the true meat of the series, and the best part.

The book was still better, though not decisively so

Overall I like Shogun and am glad I repurchased it on DVD after selling my original set but the ending is incredibly anticlimactic. It's just Toshiro Mifune standing there with the narrator voicing over his thoughts "Yes Anjin San, I Destroyed your ship and I'll destroy this one too for you will help me become Shogun" You don't even get to see the battle of Seikigahara or more realistically given that it's a TV movie just the aftermath where he actually becomes Shogun, the title of the damn story!

>watching a movie based on an adventure novel bestseller written by some ignorant kangaroo-fucker trying to appeal to historyfags and 70s weaboos
Why would you do that to yourself?

Just read the book, could use a scene for the actual battle of sekigahara.

I finished it quickly to get to that shit and see the battle but the fucking thing never happened fuck.

I said Shogun Assassin, not Shogun

Sorry that you're a pleb.

Watch Lone wolf and cub, not this shitty hackjob.

This.

Even when I was a kid watching it on DVD I was thinking "ok there's another part to go" but it was the special features disc and it just fucking ended.

Richard Chamberlain was the best Bourne too.

Actually this is the reason I clicked on this thread.

I read the book but never saw the series.
Is there anything to gain from watching it?

its fun enough, and seeing shit like to hornpipe and of course toranaga was nice, also because its mostly in Japanese without subtitles, you'll get a lot more then your average viewer because you should understand at least some of whats being said

or just watch both, retard

also
>Lone wolf and cub

which one are you recommending? or do you actually think all of them are good?

cause their not

>I read the book but never saw the series.
>Is there anything to gain from watching it?

Yes, it's very well done and (unlike GoT...) follows the book quite closely, though admittedly condensing it to fit the available time.

Alright thanks guys, I think I'll check it out next time I get a chance!

>Prime Chamberlain

oh baby. Can we get some /Chambercore/ in here?

Fuck yeah
>The Last Wave
>Four Musketeers
>Bourne Identity
>Casanova
>King Solomon's Mines

>Four Musketeers

Forgetting the Three Musketeers, are we? Holy shit the fight coreography is pure kino.

Anyone else routinely watch miniseries from the 1970s-1990s? This is up next on my watchlist.

I wouldn't say 'routinely' but a while back I marathoned Winds of War and War and Remembrance back to back, it was pretty full on.

nice get and as to your question not regularly but I highly recommend I Claudius.

I've tried watching a couple times and have made through the first 2-3 episodes each time but the production qualities just always weird me out a bit, it's a very strange looking show at times. I'll get it another try however, it seemed quite good from what I saw.

Four Musketeers is better, tat breakfast in the fort