/180/: BDO LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 5

With the largely awful preliminary and poor first rounds finally out of the way (but somehow a better standard than last year - I blame the new boards) the men's second round starts this afternoon. Arguably the match of day 5 at Lakeside is the afternoon closer: a repeat of last year's first round clash between Canada's Jeff Smith and three time champion Martin Adams. Wolfie was stunned with a 3-0 defeat that eventually saw the Silencer reach the final, but a repeat of his performance in that epic victory over Ryan Joyce will surely enact revenge on the newest BDO loyalist.

Other notable clashes today include 2015 champion Scott Mitchell against Belgium's Geert de Vos, who was involved in the highest standard match of Round 1 against Australia's Raymond Smith, Stockport stalwart Darryl Fitton playing escape artist Pip Blackwell and number 1 seed Glen Durrant taking on the very dim Paul Hogan; another 97 average from Duzza will surely be more than enough to dispose of Crocodile Dundee.

Inexplicably, there's still one first round women's match to go with Aussie Corrine Hammond against Canuck Patricia Farrell. Great organisation, lads: is having both the men and the women's first rounds ending on the same day too much to ask? Oh, wait: this is the BDO, so of course it is.

Coverage starts at 12:05pm on Channel 4 before switching to BT Sport 1 at 6:45pm.

All matches are best of 7 sets except women's matches (best of 3 sets). Women's matches are in greentext.

>Today's matches (12:05pm - 5:00pm)
Geert de Vos (15) v Scott Mitchell (2)
>Corrine Hammond v Patricia Farrell
Jeff Smith v Martin Adams (5)

>Tonight's matches (6:45pm - 10:45pm)
Darryl Fitton (10) v Pip Blackwell
Jim Williams (13) v Jamie Hughes (4)
Paul Hogan v Glen Durrant (1)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XFZ3Ql10qo
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770553/Son-darts-legend-Bobby-George-dubbed-Richie-Rich-attacked-hospital-racial-slurs-taken-hospital-17-bed-Essex-mansion-suspected-overdose-court-told.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RIP Doggy Dawson

W O L F I E
O
L
F
I
E

IT'S FUCKING TIME

youtube.com/watch?v=8XFZ3Ql10qo

how come they split darts into men's and women's? you throw the thing like two metres, there shouldn't be an inherent advantage between the sexes

This day actually looks OK

Some big games tonight lads. Clashes that will no doubt go down in the history books

Women are just shite at it. As bobby george said once live on air "the women, they get all emotional"

They don't have the concentration or hand eye co-ordination

It's the same with snooker, there is no physical advantage so it has to be mental

You won't promote women taking part in the sport that way, that's like asking why there's a national Japanese-only competition when they can just take part in the worlds. They won't qualify for it because the game isn't as developed for them yet, you allow them their own constricted competition in the hopes that it improves.

Can't get comfy with all these adverts desu

I GET UP
AIN'T NOTHING GETS ME DOWN

same as chess I suppose

Casual here

Where are the boring boring tables chants?

Fucking shit desu

Actually it's financial.

If you're the best man at the sport you can make a living at it.
If you're the best woman at a sport you'll still need another job to make ends meet.

Thus women don't commit to practise as much as men and never achieve the same heights. Snooker, Pool, Chess, Darts... bigger rewards would equal better players.

Judit Polgar approves of this message.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770553/Son-darts-legend-Bobby-George-dubbed-Richie-Rich-attacked-hospital-racial-slurs-taken-hospital-17-bed-Essex-mansion-suspected-overdose-court-told.html

>13 dart leg

Not bad desu

Nah, it's equal prize money in Tennis now and they'd still get absolutely smashed.

Can women still play at the PDC? Haven't seen one since Anastasia

Because tennis is physical and women are weaker.

I was talking about non-physical sports. Table games (snooker, pool etc), Darts, Chess.

>They don't have the concentration or hand eye co-ordination

How come then that woman is able to give you the best handie while looking you deep in the eyes?

Stephen Fry once said that men are better at sports because they were invented by men, to showcase male skills. So if men have a natural advantage at something, it gets turned into a sport, while if women are better at something, it doesn't. I honestly think that is the most likely explanation for the state of things.

have you had handjobs from men to compare?

>he's never been jerked off by a trap

>23 posts in
>Thread is already about gay sex acts

bottling intensifies

I don't get it. Why don't they just play well instead?

There's never been a gender requirement to join the PDC.

Ashton could be a good choice of a woman to switch but it'll never happen.

Pressure of the Lakeside stage(!)

kek

>"He has to break the De Vos throw now"
>45

It seems to happen a lot that the player who throws second in a leg is absolutely JUST. They don't just lose the leg; they get demolished. And then, when they throw first in the next leg, the other player becomes comically terrible. It's weird.

scoreboard pressure m8

>scott

>fatty the farmer can't even average 90 over 6 sets
lol

get fucked Mitchell

A woman was top 8 in the world at chess at one point, men and women. There's no reason other non-physical sports couldn't be the same.

>he's a big guy

Treble 5s for show, 90 averages for dough

And Magnus Carlsen is a man who is meant to be the GOAT. Therefore, by your logic, any man could be GOAT. There comes a point when talent becomes involved too. If Magnus Carlsen was a woman, maybe he too would have never progressed beyond "top eight at one point".

This Australian woman would get it. I hope she's not a lesbian.

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that if women were encouraged to do some of these non-physical things from an early age that they could be as good. Polgar is a classic example, she was brought up in a chess hosuehold where all her sisters played chess and were all better than anyone ITT for doing it. She was even better obviously.

If as many women were encouraged to play chess from an early age like her and it is just part of their life in the same way I see no reason to assume that women couldn't be equally as good. There is certainly nothing we know about within the brain that would suggest this.

Deta is a curiously attractive woman. I can see why Jaws was knuckle deep in it.

>Those 2 darts in the 1

>3

>3
>Win the leg

Bloody hell this leaf bitch is shorter than the demolition manlet.

All the womens players look like dinner ladies desu lads

Deta should be at home being ashamed of herself instead of saying how great the women's darts has been blah blah blah

she switched to 19 now

It's not helping

Corrine looks like she could be Cadby's mum. Maybe all convicts just look the same.

>100 needed
>First dart almost in the D20
>Second dart almost in the T20
>Third dart in the D5

Wish they had the number of darts thrown next to the score like they used to

>super darts
>26 dart leg

To be fair to the Canadian womanlet, like the darting forum described for Webster, chucking a dart at double top is like throwing a beachball over blackpool tower for her.

>tfw once someone's ahead it's easy to root for someone in the womens because you just want it over as quickly as possible

Stop samefaggin, Colin.

It's wolfie time lads

*unzips dick*

wolfie practice in the background

>the thrilling climax of a brilliant afternoon of arrows

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

come on wolfie

Wolfie silencing the Silencer.

>Adams is literally butthurt
Didn't know that

WOLFIE
O
L
F
I
E

Based Wolfman

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

COME ON

HAHAHAHA YES

W O L F I E
O
L
F
I
E

Fucking hell that was stressful.

BASED WOLFIE

>wolfie will never be your dad

>wolfie joking
kek

Wolfie confirmed for M&S shill.

>waites or harbour
uhh..

>this meme of upsets being bad for the bookies

Fucking annoying lads, had this shit with Leicester last year constantly being spammed, the bookies do worst when the expected things happen

Wolfie's 60 dontchaknow is the BDO's version of Taylel's 56 dontchaknow.

Actually, nothing stops a woman to compete with the men in either darts or snooker.

This is back on by the way.

Any links m8s?

Jesus christ

>shitton

just

Dazzler's going to be back home with Top Lad O'Bottlejob at this rate.

Did he just purposely burst rather than go for 10, despite Pippin being on 129?

I think so

Is Shitton throwing this for a place at Q-School?

dat bull 130

The calling 9 darters after 3 darts meme needs to end

>Nothing wrong with being 24 stone

I want off of this ride

plenty of other sports that having big strong man genes shouldn't make much of a difference. snooker, shooting, archery, bowls, curling.

even chess is split up.

>"Professional" darts

>first 9

one can't score the other can't finish

>this finishing

Also

>pip jobwell

>the set goes on
Dont remind us john

exactamundo