How would Juve do in the pl?

How would Juve do in the pl?

Really gets the neurons moving

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AMFTJhGoQV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They would easily won it.

The real question is, how would Inter and AC do in the PL?

Top half first year, top 5 the rest.

Probably be consistently top 6, occasionally mount a title challenge but struggle to make it past the quarter finals.

Breaking into the top 6 would be an achievement. Otherwise float around midtable but never falling into sub 12th.

The real question is how would they do in the bundesliga? My guess is win it by at least 15 points.

Considering their style of play, they would yoyo between midtable and top 3.

They'd become West Brom tier in that they are never serious relegation candidates, but they will never do any better then 8th

Juventus have quality defenders midfielder and goalie mate. Their attack let's them down. Midtable if injuries happen, top 3 if good season with decent strikers.

> Reading comprehension

the would win it, mostly because they have A) an italian coach and B) better team than anyone else

Top 5 easily.

top 3 winning once every two years

No, they could be a title contender but in no way would they dominate the league.

They would probably finish 6th-8th, if you look at their squads there are only a handful of players (Icardi, Donarumma) you could see being better than a top PL player.

it would become like the SPL of old, with Juve and Buyern finishing >20 points ahead of everyone else

the sadderstpart is that this would be more competitive than the modern bundesliga

Dominate, not as strongly as in Serie A but they would still clearly be the best team. Probably win a title once every 2 or 3 years.

This When everyone is, fit there are 2 spots in Juve's starting 3-5-2 any PL players could take (Koscielny/Alderweireld, Kante) and 2 in 4-3-1-2 (Matic/Henderson/Pogba, Kante). For Hazard or Sanchez the formation would need to change

Win easily, look at that hack conte

unironically they would finish bottom third most years

They would be a powerhouse at first, probably winning at least two titles in their first five years. However, without a winter break I feel their current form in the CL would suffer which they rely on so heavily to remain financially stable. In fact, simply not being in Italy would put them at a disadvantage when it comes to CL revenue as they currently take a huge share of the broadcasting revenue allocated for Italy. They've made more from the UCL in the last five years than any other club and the new broadcasting deal in the EPL wouldn't make up for this.

Juve would comfortably be the best team. I think Juventus fans would actually have a lot of fun, because Juve would win on a regular basis (once every 3 years or so), but there would be serious competition almost every week. They might struggle a little bit because it's harder to rest players, but IMO they would fix that in a fucking heartbeat by just stealing players from Tottenham.

Also, imagine Juve with the PL's tv money. They would be a legitimate powerhouse. Maybe they could even have more CLs than Inter one day :)

How triggered would English fans be when they showed up to a stadium where the fans don't sit down

Top three

Wins it once in a while.
I honestly can't see a well run team like Juventus finishing behind Arselel

this thread is entirely shitposting

English fans don't actually like sitting down, they're just forced to. Like you can have your season ticket revoked for "persistent standing". And even then you see them stand up every time something big is about to happen. For example, look at this webm.

>fans start standing up when Kane gets the ball
>they all jump up when he scores the coolest fucking goal ever

The natural inclination is to stand, but the fucking bastards running the PL clubs are worried about offending us tourists in London so they don't let them stand.

>I honestly can't see a well run team like Juventus finishing behind Arselel

I'm not sure if you realize this, but this guy was talking about Inter and Milan, not about Juve. IMO it's perfectly reasonable to say that both Inter and Milan, the way they are now, would struggle to finish in the top 6. They're both significantly poorer than even Tottenham, and honestly I don't think they have better squads than any of the top 6 PL teams. Like if you look at Milan and Inter, who do you think could honestly start for a top 6 PL team? Icardi for Arsenal/Liverpool, Donarumma for Arsenal/Liverpool, and that's about it.

You're telling me you wouldn't want Aguero, DeBruyne, Erksen, Dembele, Ibra, Silva, Coutinho, Rose or Walker? You'd be happy with Toure.

I'd say top 3 instantly and then maybe consistent title contendors once the tv money combines with the money they make from being a massive club.

Juve are very good but they're only performing in the CL to the same level as Man City of late, so I don't want to overrate them.

Also it's worth considering how a lot of Italian league players, especially attackers, struggle after transfers to England.
After Holland it's the least reliable league for prem teams to buy from.

One of the big issues is that stewarding is done by outside companies who don't have a clue.

West Ham and Man City for instance have stewards who are willing to kick out and ban home fans for anything (it lets them resell the tickets for in demand games).

So any standing up, even in permitted sections, can lead to being booted out.

>Also it's worth considering how a lot of Italian league players, especially attackers, struggle after transfers to England.

This is true, and it's very interesting. Shevchenko is the big one, but the best example imo right now is Erik Lamela. He was an incredible attacker in Italy, "the next Messi" and all that jazz. But he comes to England, and he struggles, because the fact is that attackers have less time on the ball and the game is so different, men like Charlie Adam can try to murder you and the ref just says "he a good english lad he dindu nuffin".

The only way Lamela became a top EPL player is by learning the ways of murderball from Mauricio "literally chubby Simeone" Pochettino, learning to be a good English lad who tries to kill his opponents when the referee isn't looking. It's almost a little sad, imo if he had gone to spain he would be one of the world's best attackers.

Not saying they wouldn't be good squad additions, but none of those would start over Higuain, Dybala, Pjanic, Alex Sandro or Dani Alves.

>One of the big issues is that stewarding is done by outside companies who don't have a clue.

That sounds really annoying. We have the same problem here in a lot of our leagues. My favorite team, the Yanks (I love how you call all americans that btw, it must drive our rivals crazy), had a bunch of our fans for singing "Why Are You Gay?" get banned because the stewards didn't understand that it was just a joke. And my "soccer" (football in europe lingo) team had a bunch of trouble with our latino (aka the fans who aren't annoying hipster) fans because we kept actually supporting our shitty club and the security guards didn't get it.

>So any standing up, even in permitted sections, can lead to being booted out.

It's fucked up, you guys need to have safe standing like they have in Germany. I understand why Liverpool will never want to do it, because of those fans who died in the standing sections, but surely your London clubs could do it. Arsenal cuold have like 80,000 fans if there was standing, the Emirates might actually sound louder than a morgue and the team would be rolling in cash. Spurs would become a powerhouse too, instead of that tiny 30,000 seat white hart lane they could fit like 50,000 people in there and it would be a legit stadium.

Dembele would unironically start over Pjanic in the EPL (but not in Serie A). I know this sounds weird, but Dembele's blend of crazy dribbling and superhuman strength makes him a god-tier epl defender in a way that really no other player can match. He was born to play in the English league, the way midget dribblers like Messi were born to play in Spain. When Dembele is healthy, there is not a single midfielder in the entire world who is more effective (not pretty, not stylish, but effective) than he is. If you really knew what he could do and how he makes his entire team basically jump up a level in England, you would be overjoyed to have him start over Pjanic.

The man is like an Abrams Tank. Imagine a player who can dribble like Messi but has Pogba's strength. That is Dembele. He's not a great passer, but he will win the ball back in a second, weave/run through 5 defenders, and lay it off to your playmakers. He is single-handedly the difference maker for Tottenham, with him they are a top 10 club in Europe and without him they're not even top 20 in Europe.

*a god-tier EPL midfielder

Obviously Dembele isn't a defender lol. He probably could be one, and Poch has used him as a defensive mid sometimes, but that's a waste of his talent. Moose is the ultimate box-to-box midfielder, a hopelessly over-specialized monster of a man who is uniquely suited for a a high-intensity league like the PL. If he wasn't so injury-prone, Tottenham Hotspur would be champions of England right now.

>>/r/soccer

chicano de mierda

I rate Dembele too, but Pjanic's playmaking is crucial to Juventus' performance. He's much weaker and slower than Dembele and Pjanic doesn't bother to tackle at all, but their passing abilities aren't comparable. This is also the reason why Juve plays significantly better now that they did with Pogba.

Whaf the fuck is it about soccer that turns people into the cringiest retards

fuck off you gudio dago fuck i'm cuban we don't have any indio blood like the chicanos because the spaniards slaughtered them all them imported africans and made us breed with them reeeeeeeee

t. pitbull

True, Pjanic is a god-teir passer in a way that Dembele could not hope to match. Imagine a midfield 3 of Marchisio, Dembele, and Pjanic, Juve would never lose a single fucking game

Also forgot to mention I'd actually love Dembele at Juve, because there's a missing quality hard-working midfielder for LCM spot in 4-3-1-2 formation Allegri has switched to since the CB injury cricis. Lemina/Sturaro/Rincon rotate there and Dembele is clearly better.

>Aguero, DeBruyne, Erksen, Dembele, Ibra, Silva, Coutinho, Rose or Walker?
Only Aguero and Silva are decent from that list
>The absolute state of the EPLEL

EXACTLY SENPAI DAle although tbqh i always preferred Orishas to Pitbull because they feel more authentic and shit'

youtube.com/watch?v=AMFTJhGoQV4

A LO CUBANO BOTELLA DE RON CHICA POR DOQUIER

YES. I'm a Spurs fan (idk why I just thought VdV was cool when I was 14 lmao), but I kind of wish Dembele would go to a club like Juve. He is exactly what you need. You have Pjanic, and he's terrific, but you need some steel in your midfield, something to really put the fear of God into your opponents you know?

Juve+Dembele=Champions League Winners. With Dembele in your midfield, you would have beaten Barca, he would have flattened Iniesta/Rakitic because all the technique in the world doesn't mean shit when you have a fucking tank smashing you to bits.

they'd walk the league 2bh
only conte and his meme formation would cause problems for jewe

relegated because they don't know what bribe is in english

I wish, the original plan for reinforcement in that position was Matuidi (who was forced to sign a new contract by sheikhs instead), then Witsel (who fucked off to China some days ago) so Juve ended up with fucking Rincon. Dembele would be better purchase, needless to say.

>would be more competitive than the modern bundesliga
look at the Bundesliga table, m8

At least they have Sissoko, so they have at least half a moose when he decides to show up

They win it but I don't think they dominate the same way they do the Italian pizza league. The fish and chips league over there in Memeland Britain is to high tempo. They handle the physicality of league's playing style but for them to slow down the game week in and week out would be tough on their roster. The schedule is another issue. Juve play great when they can control the pace of the game but even quick counter attacks from bottom feeders on a cold rainy night in Stoke might be legit headaches to Juve. Last minute goals will be a common accordance for either Juve or their opponent. Their tactics will be great and shock the league like Chelsea but they have trouble with high intensity teams. Just like they do in the champion's league like with Pep's Bayern match.

AC Milan will be like Southampton, great squad but difficult for them to string together consist results.

Inter would just be there like Everton.

Matuidi would have been terrific for you guys. But yeah, Dembele is kind of like discount Matuidi, he has all of the physical but little of the passing. I was very surprised and very happy that >you didn't buy him, honestly I was terrified that a top club would steal him away from >us because it's scary how much >we depend on him. >Our manager even said "without Dembele, Tottenham does not exist".

Juve is a top, top, top club btw, the problem is that they can't attract the very very best (I mean like #1 position) players because they play in a league that is struggling. Trust me, as Inter, Milan, and Roma get their shit together (thanks to the Chinks and Americans), Juve will start being able to attract the very best players the way Barca/Real can. You guys will ascend to a whole new level, it's going to be crazy. Just wait, you know how Ozil wants to leave Arsenal? Well as Inter start to become competitive thanks to the chinks, he'll think "wait a second, I can b ethe #10 for a team that wins things", he'll join you guys, and you'll just jump up a level, and become unquestionably in the same tier as Real/Barca/Bayern, you scummy cheating fucks will be a truly elite club again.

what is Howard Webb and United

True, I unironically really like Sissoko, liked him from the moment he helped humiliate >us 5-1 and believe that Poch/Levy knew exactly what they were doing when they signed him. Look at his strengths:

>literal physical strength that's borderline superhuamn
>the abillity to skip past multiple players
>fuck technique, you're in my way, get out of my way you fucking manlets
>more assists than Ozil kek
>a crazy, never-say-die attitude that really kicks in against top clubs, because Sissoko is a nigger like me who only really performs when everyone is giving him attention

"Half a moose" is literally the perfect way to describe Sissoko, I know people mocked his signing but he is a flawless for for Poch's system. Even though he's a fucking gooner, he has everything necessary to work with that high-press, balls to the wall, MURDER YOUR OPPONENTS setup. I honestly can't wait until late in the season, when Spurs are 100% in the title race and are going into the NLD, and he just straight up murder Ozil/Sanchez.

nah

he can dribble and retain the ball against your average team, but every time he gets pressed by a top team, he fucks up

and he plays like he has a chip on his shoulder because he just has to dribble past a player instead of getting rid of it sooner

>And that's he the power of EPL tv money, really. Without it, Juve would have picked up Alderweireld and Dembele, and they would unironically be the best team in Europe right now. But those crazy EPL deals (thanks to literally $2 billion, roughly 1,900,000,000 euros kek) teams liek Tottenham can hang on to their players.

I honestly feel bad for Juve. Because the way they run their team is 100% flawless, from top to bottom they do everything the right way. But they're limited by their own league. As an Inter fan I don't mind bc I hate Juve, but it almost seems unfair that >we are dragging them down when they work so hard. Literally, we and we a lone (ok, milan share a little of the blame) are the reason that Serie A has declined so mcuh. If we had done a better job, maybe hung onto Mou, or brought in a better manager, Juve and Inter would both be powerhouses in Europe right now,. literally Real/Barca tier. But we failed. The Chinks have brought enough money to not only save us, but all of Italian football. Together we can bring Serie A back, both American Inter bandwagoners and Slovakian Juve bandwagoners.

I'm sorry if your'e actually serbian and not slovakian but your flags look super similar and i'm too drunk to tell the difference

this is the cringiest set of posts i've read on sp in months

reads like a pure redditor

No no no,you don't get it. Watch highlights of Tottenham vs Chelsea, or Tottenham vs Man City.I swear to God, Moussa shows up against top teams like nobody else you've ever seen. It just doesn't seem that way because he's mostly stuck playing against crappy low-tier PL teams.

>and he plays like he has a chip on his shoulder because he just has to dribble past a player instead of getting rid of it sooner

Yes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Moose will run right through, and I mean almost literally THROUGH, opposing defenders. I have never seen anything like it except when Messi has the ball. It's almost disappointing, because his passing ability is so average. If he was born in Spain I 100% believe that he would be the greatest midfielder of all time. That "chip on his shoulder" is what makes him so great in England. He takes 0 shit from anyone, you get in his face and he will fuck you up like the crazy half-african Muslim he is. He will Allah Huakbar your ass into tomorrow. He is everything that Juve fans wanted Pogba to be.

get medicine

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up.

Get a functioning economy you croat shit

you missed one

>I'm sorry if your'e actually serbian and not slovakian
Kek, I remember you from /seriea/ threads now. Your observations about Italian league in general are correct in my opinion, Juve fans obviously don't complain as much as the others but the lack of competitiveness is directly reflected in European performances and available new players. It's strong enough, but not as elite as it used to be/could be, and both Milan clubs have a lot of catching up to do.

>Kek, I remember you from /seriea/ threads now.

Ive never posted in a serie a thread idk what you're talking about but there are a lot of dumb americans giving our uninformed opinions on this sport so i understand if we all seem the same

Is this with or without corruption?

>this from a cuban

kek fair enough. we wouldn't know a functioning economic system if it smacked us in the face

>this post
LMAO

That's not what I meant, there was an American in /seriea/ who always referred to me as Serb kek. Anyway, how would you save Inter if you were in charge of transfers? Ins/outs?

>Anyway, how would you save Inter if you were in charge of transfers? Ins/outs?

Hard to say. Inter are in a really tough position. At the moment, they have less money than fucking West Ham United,who are a relegation candidate in England. I have no clue how to fix this with the current budget, the only way out that I can see is the Chinese pouring a truly ridiculous amount of money into the club.

Get rid of Kondogbia and Candreva, bring in James
Get rid of Miranda, bring in Musacchio from Villarreal
Bring in Parejo from Valencia
Do everything possible to keep Icardi

They don't seem to be THAT poor, just last summer they brought in Joao Mario, Candreva and Gabigol among others for quite a sum. The issue is bad choice of players, not lack of funds to get them.
>Kondogbia
Lmao, this has to be one of the worst transfers in history, even if not the most expensive. He's literally Bologna tier.
>Musacchio
He's been always talked about during transfer window for past three years at least, yet somehow still remains at Villareal.
Is there any truth to Simeone's possible arrival later this year, or is it just rumours? If there's any manager who can make Inter competitive in the league to start with, it's him.

>They don't seem to be THAT poor, just last summer they brought in Joao Mario, Candreva and Gabigol among others for quite a sum. The issue is bad choice of players, not lack of funds to get them.

True. I'm just saying relative to the richest clubs in Europe these days Inter doesn't have much money. There are unironically 8 clubs in England alone with more money than Inter, all Inter has is prestige/history and the promise of a better chance of playing in the CL.

>Lmao, this has to be one of the worst transfers in history, even if not the most expensive. He's literally Bologna tier.

Worse than that, he is literally the 2nd-highest paid player on the team. It's a fucking disgrace, Icardi earns 3.6 mil euros per year and Kondogbia earns 3.5. It has been a complete disaster from start to finish.

>Is there any truth to Simeone's possible arrival later this year, or is it just rumours? If there's any manager who can make Inter competitive in the league to start with, it's him.

From what I've heard, he is NOT coming this year. His contract with Atleti was originally until 2021, but he recently reduced it to 2018 and keeps talking about managing Inter, so I think he'll become Inter manager next year. Which is perfect, because the FFP penalty on Inter ends this summer, so if the Chinese are willing to be patient they can give Simeone all the money he wants in the summer of 2018 to sign whoever he wants.

Inter should have picked up Pellegrini before he left to China.

Yes, that would have been an excellent choice. Pioli seems very good so far, but Pellegrini is a very competent manager who can get a team to play up to their potential. Not beyond their potential, he isn't Mou/Pep-tier, but up to their potential. And that is exactly what Inter needs, since Inter's reasonable potential right now is 2nd or 3rd in Serie A.

>Not beyond their potential
did you not see his Villarreal and Malaga? It's amazing how far they went only to get undone by unlucky goals
he can build a good squad on a budget and also deal with the higher up big wigs from the big clubs

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Pellegrini is in this weird category of managers, think of him like a blend of Moyes and Mouyes. He can take a relatively mediocre club and lead them beyond their potential, but with a top team he's somewhat limited. That's why he was able to win the English league with Manchester City but not the Champions League.

That's not a serious criticism of him, the number of managers who can take an elite squad and make them play beyond their ability can be counted on one hand. Pellegrini is a very, very smart man, he's got a master's degree in engineering and they don't give those out for nothing. But he is also somewhat limited, he can't get players to reach borderline superhuman levels the way the truly GOAT-tier managers can. The only player I ever really saw him do this with was Isco, who peaked in Pellegrini's Malaga and has never truly reached that level again. Pellegrini managing Inter would get them into the top 3. But Simeone managing Inter would get them the title.

>getting rid of Candreva and Miranda
literally why

James is better as a RW than Candreva, and Musacchio is a better CB than Miranda. Getting rid of them is 100% contingent on getting those new players. Candreva and Miranda are good, but Inter's ambition is beyond them. They're the kind of players who can get you 3rd or 4th in Serie A. But Inter need to be aiming for 1st and for the Champions League title.

If Inter can't get James and Musacchio, then of course they should keep Candreva/Miranda, those are solid players and I like them. But Inter can do better.

only with Conte

current Juve are United tier

interesting scenario. lets talk about it more

Juventus would be challenging for the title pretty much every season, like Chelsea or City.

AC and Inter would be like Arsenal or Liverpool. They'd put up a decent fight but they'd never win it.

Miranda is the only good CB at Inter you can't get rid of him, you cant have a team with only one good CB, and there are a lot of more useless players to get rid before Candreva too

Miranda is pretty old, isn't he? I was hoping for Inter to avoid the mistakes of the past, where they keep good old players for two long and end up paying a lot of money to guys who are no longer able to compete at the top level.

And yeah, Candreva isn't useless or anything, but I would rather have Banega as CAM and James on the right than James as CAM and Candreva on the right.

>My favorite team, the Yanks (I love how you call all americans that btw, it must drive our rivals crazy)
>And my "soccer" (football in europe lingo)
Cringe

*Plus I'm sure that some EPL team would pay a lot of money for Candreva

Aguero, and de bruyne, that's it.

Everybody outside of your shitty island knows that the tottenham players are complete shit that get to shine around darker shit.

Miranda is pretty old but he still has a couple of good seasons in him imo, you wont go anywhere with Murillo or fucking Ranocchia as starters.
Banega is very incostant, i dont know if ou can entrust him for a whole season as a starter

>you wont go anywhere with Murillo or fucking Ranocchia as starters.

Oh yeah, no question. I have 0 confidence in Ranocchia, I can't believe he was named captain for even one single day. IMO, if Miranda leaves, it absolutely has to be paired with the signing of one or two better CBs otherwise the whole thing is pointless.

>Banega is very incostant, i dont know if ou can entrust him for a whole season as a starter

I really like Banega, I watched him when he was in Sevilla and he was excellent. He's not going to be part of a scudetto-winning team, but he will help Inter finish in the top 3 and help bridge the gap until the club rises up to a higher level. He's not on the same level as Inter legends, but he's a very good "filler" player, to sort of plug the gap until Inter gets back to its old level and can attract the truly elite #10s of the world.

Lol

>James is good at rw

This is why americans and caribbeans should stick to luckswing. Nigga, james hates playing outside of the center so much that he will literally sabotage his careers, as he is doing in madrid, unless zidane plays him as a number 10.

He is a try-hard caribean "fan."

Concacaf was a mistake.

I thought James played on the wing for villas-boas's porto. Isn't that how he got on Monaco and Madrid's radar in the first place?

I admit that I've always been more of a luckswing guy though. I grew up in Miami and my Colombian friends got me into soccer, which is why I'm a big fan of James.

*oh, and for what it's worth I'm Cuban. So we know even less about soccer than yanquis/gringos, we're all about baseball and boxing. I know fuck all about this sport other than what my Colombian friends and the commentators on BeIn's La Liga channel (specifically the English man who says "magisterial!") have told me.

No, he is a classic 10 playing in a time when the majority of top team play with systems that do not have space for that position.

I see. But a lot of the top English teams still use classic 10s, don't they? Or at the very least "secondary strikers" who are for all intents and purposes 10s, like Dele Alli. I'm sure that James could do very well in that league.

I have only watched tottenham when they got btfo in the champion's league, and I unironically don't rate their players, but delle alli is more of an attacking mid than a number 10. Kind of like isco, who does get to play a lot at madrid.

Is this the Juve thread
2 - 0 first half brothers

Is this cheeky lad the next GOAT?

we would crush it. every team that tries to play open attacking football against us would be punished

lol no. dybala isn't even doing things messi was doing at 18.