Is this the best rock album of 2017 Sup Forums ?

is this the best rock album of 2017 Sup Forums ?

no

what is then?

Its a good psych rock album, I disagree with Fantano on the spoken word "overkilling" the album to me it really fits well

It's shit

>good music plays
>suddenly some piece of shit talking over it

who thought this was a good idea

Agreed, I really liked the spoken word. Think I know most of it by heart by now, really takes the album to another level

>Mellon controls me

I love the spoken word bits. That Fantano review was kinda weird. Seems like he just didn't like the spoken word parts. But isn't that the whole point of the album? Combine that psych rock with high fantasy and sci fi spoken word? That's like ordering spaghetti and complaining that you don't like tomato based sauce.

>if someone dislikes something that some reviewer that no one watches coincidentally dislikes then they're a drone
Are you really this dumb

yes, the melon just fumbled this much like brockhampton

strong 8 at minimum

Haven't watched the melon review yet, but listened to it today.

Like I appreciate it as a concept, I know they put a lot of hard work into it and it is a quite a spectacle. However, I don't see it as something I can pop on and listen to willy nilly. I feel like its a movie you have to watch from beginning to end or else it seems just weird and out of place. I guess it is more of an experience than an album.

>no one watches

>I guess it is more of an experience than an album.

wow king gizzard fans are fucking idiots

This is the most needlessly overhyped band to emerge in recent history. hopefully this meme dies soon

I thought the spoken word was shit before the fantano review

Do you people honestly still watch that faggot? I stopped about 5 years ago and I'm honestly amazed he's still mentioned here constantly

I don't think you understood. I guess I should be more clear. I didn't really like it, I appreciate the album and what they are trying to do, but its not for me.

no, that's not Brutalism

*blocks your path*

my favorite so far

*plays the most mediocre fill in a mainstream rock album I've ever heard*

How does it stack up against dying surfer

>trying to make sense of anything melon says these days
I think he picks scores from a hat and then makes his reviews.

It's good, but this is the best of 2017 so far

I liked it more than Dying Surfer. All their albums are good, in my opinion, but this is the one that clicked for me.

Fantano doesn't like it so neither does Sup Forums

nah. that would be pic related. that album is pretty awesome though. not sure why so many people on this board are infuriated by KG's existence

YESSS that ty segall album is his best. He is getting better every year

>He is getting better every year
agreed. idk if i could choose a favorite but i do love that one emotional mugger and slaughterhouse

For me it is I love it

Emotional mugger was amazing and gets better with each listen
And then he released his self titled after that which was an amazing straight up rock album
Melted was really good too some cool stuff and also his other self titled one was great too!
All his albums are great for different reasons he's such a versatile songwriter and I'm supprised he doesn't have more fans than he does.

this

not even the best king gizzard album of 2017

bae need to stop talking, love the live versions of altered nigga and lord of lightnin and other trax n she won't stop frontin

what sucks is this is their most complex music

complete agrees with cal chuchesta

yeah i feel like there's this stigma surrounding him because he releases so much music and it takes a lot of inspiration from older rock bands, but people need to learn how to look past that because almost everything he does is great