Tfw organic music discovery is nearly extinct

>tfw organic music discovery is nearly extinct
Now everyone just has genre charts at hand with the mindset of "Hmmm, okay let's see I need to listen to these albums first to appreciate that album then I can move onto my X phase I need to listen multiple times to make sure I like it I wonder if Fantano uploaded a new video"

Music used to be exclusive to cliques and even lifestyles and now with Yellow Flannel wannabes running around claiming to "like everything" and have an "extremely diverse music taste" much of the value of the experience is depleted along with many not cherishing it or holding it in the proper regard. Feel free to reply with lewronggeneration memes but there is no logical reason for supporting or thinking this kind of trend is good for music.

Based animeposter.

you literally have no points

you've figured it out user

Spread your message and enlighten others

HOLY SHIT user I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS

my entire outlook has changed, I thank you now i will continue to do the same shit I've been doing in the same exact way

t. tiggered nu-mail chartposters that don't know what to do when exposed

That's fine, but you didn't dispute any points.
You literally cannot read.

>tfw nearly all of the new music I find is found organically, and even if it isn't it's usually a recommendation from someone I know
feels good man

Yeah, closeout CDs are the best.

You act like being able to easily find things you might like is a bad thing.
>Music used to be exclusive to cliques and even lifestyles
Oh fuck off dude, posers and pseuds have always been a part of every scene. There will always be people that try to adopt some outsider culture to be a special snowflake regardless of how well they fit into that culture. Even beyond that, you have literally no good reason to concern yourself with how other people appear to not cherish music since that has no effect on your experience with that music.

Not true my high school band director got me into some cool stuff I never would have found otherwise.

>95% organic very diverse taste
feels great lads

>easily find things you might like
That's just it, they don't LIKE it, they just want it under their "patrish" belt as a commodity for musical scholar status.

This WILL get replies.

Was your band director an Sup Forumschart? Hmm, okay den.

I never talk to other human being about music other then anonymously on this shitty site, so I really don't care about any of that. I just want more music to listen to, easily and for free and the internet gives me that

Literally this image turns me on

You can find plenty of music organically. Go to places like this or a Goodwill, pick up whatever you find that looks cool and bring it home. If you don't like something you picked up, then oh well, it was only 50 cents. You would've spent far more buying a new album. I can get 28 of those 50 cent used CDs from bands and artists I've never heard of for the typical price of a new CD. Gives you a bigger window to find something you love.

I wouldn't really say this is "organic", though. This is more taking inexpensive risks and hoping they pay off. I've had times where I went crate digging and ended up with nothing good. "Organic" is something that sorta happens. Going from one artist to the next from research feels organic to me. Being a fan of Faith No More, then finding out about Tomahawk from Mike Patton, to then find out about Helmet and Battles from John Stanier, to find out about Tyondai Braxton's neo-orchestral work, all from stringing together connections? That's something that feels like it sorta happens

Either way, why does this aggravate you? It's good to have an appreciation, understanding or knowledge of well known albums. A friend and I have been spending the last few months listening to and doing research on America's highest selling albums; all the near hundred of them that sold over 10 million copies... and we have the misfortune of there being an album each from Nickelback, Creed, Kenny G and MC Hammer on the list. But we do it because we like music. Don't get so depressed about small stuff

idk, i like a lot of music though and charts did help grow my appreciation for genres. not that bad of a thing. exclusivity isn't that cool and desu you're still a pleb if you can't find exclusive music outside of charts.

>projecting THIS hard

if you get all of your music from the internet without recs from people outside of your personal life (i.e. being told to check out an artist and then exploring other related artists through the internet), all for music that you can enjoy and discuss, is there anything wrong with that?

You literally don't know what that means

People have always done that.
It's just noticable to you now because you're probably always online, no offense.

i want to smell your hair

maybe your brain cells will travel up my nostrils and enter my brain so we can be brain buddies

i want you

seems like user was using it correctly. he's saying the guy is projecting his own pretensions of being patrician onto other people

Take up reading doujins or watching hentai. I read doujins all the time. You don't need a sexual partner to make you happy. ;)

>organic music discovery
The fuck is this? Music doesn't grow on trees.

>WAH WAH IT SHOULD BE HARD TO DISCOVER AND SUPPORT GOOD ARTISTS

This is why Sup Forums is the worst board.

most adults in the real world don't care about appearing "patrician", you spend too much time on here

maybe if you actually had organic conversations with people that weren't on rym or Sup Forums you'd discover new music that doesn't fall into any canons or fulfill your obscurity quotas

how to organically discover music
1. talking to people not in a way that tries to out-patrician one another
2. listening to the radio
3. clicking on random youtube videos
4. actually listening to your friend's music recommendations instead of just saying you will

this being said there is absolutely nothing wrong with how you discover music as long as you enjoy it

You don't understand, you should just be happy with what you find at your local Best Buy or Target and base your entire identity around your one genre you're allowed to listen to otherwise you're a poser.

I literally avoid Sup Forumscore because of what OP is complaining about and I have autism.

Were in a more advanced time now for listening, you dont have to travel to a store just to pay money for 11 tracks of some shit you might not even like at all. Think about it like this: we now have access to virtually every cd ever made through the internet, and theres no way were gonna be able to listen to it all. So were sorting through the shitmounds and maybe making life easier for someone who's new to music. Its not like you are required to like every album on the charts.

I think trying to force an image onto someone is a bad idea, it clashes with what resonates with you against what you want to portray about you
Better get called shit-taste than poustering around some progressive-lowercase-pop some kosovo drunk man did live one night

Music taste is a mostly social phenomenon, determined entirely by how you want other people to view you. It's always been this way.