What did you guys think of the NIN performance on Twin Peaks: The Return? Also what do you guys think about the series...

What did you guys think of the NIN performance on Twin Peaks: The Return? Also what do you guys think about the series, whether this be the music or the show in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R4nAvDXpvHk
youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0
youtube.com/watch?v=VJj6NjNKmvU
youtu.be/rgXLEM8MhJo
youtube.com/watch?v=aBOzOVLxbCE
welcometotwinpeaks.com/shop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked the NIN bit. It was kinda out of nowhere, but whatevs.

Overall I'm digging the show. It's got way more Lynch going on than the show ever got around to. Episode 8 was absolutely A M A Z I N G tho.

Thought it was oddly placed but the music was pretty good

I've never listened to NIN before last night, what should I check out?

oh, BTW -- Twin Peaks 2017 is the greatest season of television ever created.

>2017
>the best thing kiddies have to care about is Nine Inch Nails and Twin Peaks

Generation iPhoneâ„¢ can't do anything right and early 90s nostalgia is pure shit.

Why do people love episode 8 so much? I like it, but everyone is treating it like it's the best thing to ever happen to TV.

idk, I'm just all bout about Lynch's super weird sequences.

it was weird and spooky and shit and i loved it.

It's mostly because nothing that abstract has ever been on television before

go back to the rym general you fucking avant-teen faggot

Made sense why Lynch got Reznor. Young Reznor was trapped in the Black Lodge by old Reznor, who ironically is the good Reznor

also Reznor's first cameo was cool

youtu.be/R4nAvDXpvHk

lol will manlets like reznor ever learn senpai

It's really a fucking dumb episode but shows the origin of all these crazy shits. Nuclear bomb off set some kinda spiritual rift releasing the evil spirits, that spirit that killed the people in the glass box was the thing throwing bob up, the parasite that crawled into that girls mouth after she is put to sleep by that radio broadcast from the evil spirit, Laura being made by the giant and released to the earth to fight against bob. That's why in the Move Fire Walk With Me she was able to see bob when no one else can. David Lynch is either fucking crazy or a genius.

What's been your favourite performance on the show so far? I liked the one by chromatics and i think it fit the tone quite well. The NIN are a close second

Lynch:hmmm I really thought The Chromatics performance was a wonderful thing

Reznor: Here hold my water bottle

youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0

youtube.com/watch?v=VJj6NjNKmvU

read that pinned comment

New Twin Peaks season definitely isn't early 90s nostalgia. It's actively alienating the people who just wanted more of the same.

I'm probably the oldest person on Sup Forums right now, and you're still a grandpa.

and its fucking brilliant

I think this sudden presence of evil spirits in our world is whats going to get the FBI involved. Sudden reports of strange, terrifying things happening in one area where a nuclear bomb was detonated would surely get the FBI's attention. Maybe we'll see a young Gordon on the case? I'm so excited to see more.

Every new episode is another plebian barrier. I'm loving every moment of their bitching. He took Mel's guidance to heart.

It's fantastic. Ep 8 was best hour of TV since The Sopranos. Sorry, it's true.

I'm a big fan of 90s Twin Peaks and Lynch's work in general, but I feel like Lynch is going all out in season 3 to the point of it not working, along with brilliant parts. I haven't seen the last two episodes though. I suppose "explanations" will develop?

Episode 8 has no dialogue for like 40 minutes of it. But it's basically a big lore dump with beautiful visuals and music.

Episode 7 has a decent amount of plot development of the main story in the new season though.

Thank you. I'm already intrigued. Without spoilers, is episode 8 already considered as one of the best episodes in TV? I can see it's everywhere.

It's definitely great and something that has probably never been done on television before. Especially primetime television. It's divisive though for Twin Peaks fans because it's just so far in the surrealism direction. I've seen both opinions. That it's the best thing that's ever aired on TV or the best episode of Twin Peaks, and that it's complete pretentious garbage.

Also there's a pretty easy comparison. You've seen episode 3 so take the intro to that episode in the purple room and multiply it by like 10 and that's episode 8. It gets extremely beautiful though. There's a new composition by I think Badalamenti that plays during one scene and I've heard many people say they were on the verge of tears or actually crying during certain parts of the episode. Even if you don't like it as an episode of Twin Peaks you should be able to appreciate it as its own thing.

>I've seen both opinions. That it's the best thing that's ever aired on TV or the best episode of Twin Peaks, and that it's complete pretentious garbage.
I could imagine the same being said for majority of Lynch's movies too. But then again, where would TV be if we remained at police and lawyer action dramas? Thank you, I'm eager to watch it now.

Thank you very much. Badalamenti almost singl pioneered a new subgenre of jazz with the original Twin Peaks series and I'm sure I'll be on the verge of tears too. Just look at this:
youtu.be/rgXLEM8MhJo

Almost single-handedly*

Lynch finally got annoyed by the Twin Peak normies wanting more damn good coffee memes for 25 years and decided it was time to scare them off.

What a legend.

Isn't it odd that one of the I'd imagine most successful movie/TV discussions threads is on Sup Forums of all places? I've only visited Sup Forums twice and I don't plan on going back.

>itt a clueless corporations attempt at viral marketing

Everyone do yourselves a favor and go to Sup Forums Asia and search for the images used in this thread.

AOTY for sure

>plebs who can't even into avant-garde cinema having their minds blown by this hackery

>always ask for recommendation of good art house/avant garde stuff from the people who hate Lynch
>never get a response

>because you don't deserve one
>dilettante

>I'm going to complain but not help people find new stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=aBOzOVLxbCE

view this pleb filter then come back when you're ready

lynch is a hack

dude, no, you dont understand, it doesnt make sense, ON PURPOSE

Cool I'll check it out.

It does make sense though. It's an origin story of the Black Lodge coming into contact with our dimension and the birth of Bob among other things.

Why is lynch one of the few people who can get away with selling garbage

He could film a guy sweeping with a broom for 30 minutes and his gay ass fanbase would still eat it up

fucking this
welcometotwinpeaks.com/shop/
when I saw Showtime gearing up for the new season with the Big Bang Theory merchandising I knew it was going to be garbage

I'm . Some parts definitely seem so far out to the point of it not really working, but it's not like all of the episodes are like that.

Because he's good at it and makes it interesting. Regardless of the shitty examples everyone always gives of stuff people would accept from Lynch, all of his stuff is interesting and well made.

you deserve a (You)