youtube.com/watch?v=yaFrq96lXtM
youtube.com/watch?v=6GCCUveWL_I
youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4
youtube.com/watch?v=yoZWf9CADgk
youtube.com/watch?v=rrcpzPpo8_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(very)newfag here, wat site is that

read the sticky bitch

Summer's going pretty good. Just finishing up some grad school stuff before I finally get my Master's.
+Daughters, Boredoms, Melvins, Orchid
I've been meaning to listen to that Hum album for ages too.
(Use tapmusic with your last.fm or do it manually on topsters)

It's tap music.net and it tracks the last albums you've been listening to while signed last fm but if you don't have one you can just make a chart yourself with this site topsters.net/

If you like Deftones then you will love hum

how the fuck do i search the albums with oriental names??

Rad. I'll have to bump it up my queue then.
Learn Japanese and Chinese. Jk-- I'll romanize them for you. I wish that was an option on tapmusic, because it's a bitch to search if you don't know what you're looking at.
>Row 1: Shiina Ringo- Watashi to Houden, Shiina Ringo- Sanmon Gossip, Shiina Ringo- Muzai Moratorium
>Row 2: Shiina Ringo- Shouso Strip, Shiina Ringo- Kalk Zamen Kuri no Hana (yeah, I really like Shiina Ringo-- probably my second favorite musician after Kate Bush)
>Row 3: Already romanized
>Row 4: Faye Wong- Fable, Yoshiko Sai- Mangekyou
>Hirone-chan- Yume no Yume

I didn't realize until typing that out that I've listened to a fuckload of Shiina Ringo this week.

summer is alright, i've done a bit of traveling but i feel like i could be doing more. gonna try exercising and drinking less

sick taste dood
+Orchid, Usurp Synapse, Yo La Tengo, Portraits of Past (just listened to that for the first time this week), Daughters
~GbV Alien Lanes (i love them but this album not so much)
I have a few recs:
ostraca - last (incredible new screamo)
Hovvdy - Taster

wish i knew more of this asian pop, someone rec'd Faye Wong to me recently
+Melt-Banana, 385
~tricot
-Blackpink (listened to that for the first time today and it was not my favorite..)
do you like Ling Tosite Sigure? if not literally pick any album, they're all excellent imo

+ Toro y Moi, American Football, MF Doom
~ Tigers Jaw
I rec: Brave Little Abacus - Okumay

Yeah, I like Ling Tosite Sigure alright. They're not my favorite or anything, but I definitely enjoy them. Faye Wong is great though. If she was recommended in one of these topics, there's a good chance that was me. Definitely check out Fuzao and Fable. Fuzao is a very Cocteau Twins style dream pop album (they actually arranged like... 2 of the tracks) and Fable is pretty Portishead. You'd probably dig Siraph, if you haven't listened to them. I love the new Mamamoo btw.

pretty good. pretty close to getting a gf i think
+orchid, melvins. check out domkraft
i dont speak chinese
+pretty much everything on your chart. check out chinese football, it's like anfootball but better. also check out snowing, cap'n jazz, sunny day real estate, and earl sweatshirts stuff

I'm not a Nazi

I actually love Cap'n Jazz and Snowing! Never really listened to Chinese Football or Sunny Day Real Estate, so I'll have to. Any specific albums or anything?

>Hows you're summer going Sup Forums?
Shittier than ever desu
Rec me some good dance-punk/post-punk stuff, everything I find in the genre feels more disco-y and less super cool frantic/anxious energy like Dismemberment Plan or Bloc Party

Foxing - The Albatross
Merchant Ships - For Cameron
Basic but I don't know a lot of emo desu. I wish I did though

Slowdive - Pygmalion

The Get-Up Kids - Something To Write Home About

yeah it was probably you who told me about Faye Wong, I gotta dig into that

I also haven't gotten into Shiina Ringo and I think I'd love her, any album in particular to start with?

I actually was underwhelmed by new Mamamoo. 2 of the tracks were memorable for and they were the solo features lol (Moonbyul's solo and the Wheein duet)

thanks about Siraph too, looks awesome

>Slowdive - Pygmalion
i haven't listened to this album in a while, thanks for reminding me of it

sick taste
++Midwest Pen Pals, Snowing, Brave Little Abacus
+Cap'n Jazz, OFWGKTA, I Would Set Myself on Fire for You, Don Cab, Madvillainy, Melvins
~True Widow, SDRE
I have these recs, all are some of my favorite (and underrated) emo:
Coping - Lawndale Cassette
Family Might - Floor Connections
Morning Effort - I Heard You the First Time, it Just Wasn't Funny

It depends on what you want with Shiina Ringo, really. If you want a fun pop rock album with loud af mastering, check out Shouso Strip. If you want a fucking bonkers art pop album, jump straight to Kalk Zamen Kuri no Hana (her best IMO). If you're into really busy jazz pop, go for Sanmon Gossip. Those are the essentials and any one is a good starting place. Overall, her entire discog is great though. Well, Sunny is underwhelming, but you otherwise can't go too wrong. Even my most listened album this week, a b-side compilation from her, is killer.

just chinese football's self titled, and then for sde, give diary and how it feels a shot
i actually love merchant ships. ill checc out foxing tho
ill check those out, thanks

Thanks man great taste too and yea I'll definitely check out those recs heres some recs you should check out
youtu.be/hRNtXWOFur4
youtu.be/gG-BXEzjXFY
youtu.be/sth78yyjjOY
youtu.be/sYUnqae7-No
youtu.be/lWunCL0nAHE
If you like the dismemberment plan check out q and not u.

>i actually love merchant ships
Yeah I didn't make the connection with Midwest Pen Pals until after I had already made the post lmao
Have you heard Boy Rex? Singer from Merchant Ships/MPP's acoustic solo project, new album came out last month. It's different but I kinda dig it

is it called better vision? it's for 150$ on bandcamp lmao

ah, there's a purchase link

Interesting mix. American Beauty before or after Straight Outta Compton would be an interesting little set to say the least. Here's mine

What in the holy fuck is that? I didn't save that... I saved it as album covers. Like this, sorry

i'm a different dood but Boy Rex is cool
God-tier
Midwest Pen Pals
Merchant Ships
William Bonney

Great-tier
Knola
North Folk
Sailor Heart

others
Boy Rex
We are the Colossus
Bola Afonja

My summer's going pretty good. I hope everyone else here is having an ok one as well!

>Rec me some good dance-punk/post-punk stuff, everything I find in the genre feels more disco-y and less super cool frantic/anxious energy like Dismemberment Plan or Bloc Party
Not OP (I'm the person with all the Japanese shit on their chart), but have you listened to anything from the Polish post-punk scene? There's some great stuff that came out of Poland when it was under communist control. I'd check out Republika, Klaus Mitchoff, and Kult. There's also Kino out of the USSR. No idea why communist nations had GOAT post-punk.

I haven't! The closest I've come is CCCP, who fucking rule. I'll have to check out a few of those groups then, thanks user.

Yeah I only know Boy Rex, Merchant Ships and Knola so far. Midwest Pen Pals is next on my list. Thanks for the rec.
Jack Senff is a pretty underrated musician. A buddy of mine played with him once and says he's a great dude

youtube.com/watch?v=or9kYNGV7Qw

youtube.com/watch?v=BUZbS_bK8aE

youtube.com/watch?v=yaFrq96lXtM

youtube.com/watch?v=6GCCUveWL_I

youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4

A E S T H E T I C

youtube.com/watch?v=yoZWf9CADgk

youtube.com/watch?v=rrcpzPpo8_Y

After Dinner is sick. Haco's album with Sakamoto Hiromichi is fantastic too.

Ooh, definitely - I'd forgotten about that one (I lost all my music a while back)

I listened to Keep It Like A Secret and Perfect From Now On ages ago but I'll have to revisit them both.
What's their best album?

Also Quaristice is cool but it's my least favorite Autechre album, if you haven't heard it already Draft 7.30 is imo their best (and it comes with a lot of weird hip-hop influence so if you liked cLOUDDEAD you might be into that side of it)

okay i guess

I prefer Secret. I get why lots of people prefer Perfect, I ever think it's the better album, but Secret has more memorable songs.

Draft used to be my favourite, but Quaristice, I feel, is their coldest, most difficult album, and thus most useful to me for writing, which is mostly what I base my favourites on.

What's the album left to American football ?

Been pretty good I've been able to finally sleep late
J Dilla - Donuts/Dillatronic

Jimi Hendrix, Sly and The Family Stone, N.W.A., And Funkadelic love those bands/groups you got nice taste, my friend if you haven't checked out Parliament then listen to Mothership Connection and Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome also Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather and Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

Don't know anything about Japanese music

I'll have to revisit KILAS then. I definitely liked Perfect a lot better when I listened to them but shit you can't beat Carry The Zero.

I've never thought about Quaristice from that perspective. I agree it's probably their most difficult though, it's the only one besides Incunabula that I've never gotten super deep into. I'll have to give that one another listen too. Glad to see someone else appreciate Draft though. I only got into Autechre this past year when elseq came out but by now they're one of my favorite groups.

I assume you've probably heard it but just in case their first Peel Session is unbelievable. Drane in particular is one of my top five tracks by them. I recently heard EP7 for the first time as well and was pleasantly surprised, I think I like it more than LP5 itself.

Forgot to add the chart

EP7 is the link between LP5 and Confield, generally considered their last conventional and first weird full-length respectively. Interesting spot in their discography.