Peen thread?

I'm waving my dick in the wind

5 more days.

live at stubbs is their best release

White Pepper is incredible guys

The Mollusk and Quebec are both 10/10

Tfw get to spend HalloWeen with Deaner and Gener in Dallas
I've been waiting for this moment all my life

Ween is and will always be my favorite band, I see no way of this changing at this point. It's great to see them back together and playing live as well as they ever have.

This is true

nugmybug

Do you think they will release new music?

What would your 10 minute playlist look like? Not one second extra.

see you there mang. been about 10 years since i last saw them

Lmlyp only

Stay Forever is one of my favorite ween songs

>tfw listened to awesome sound in a row for like an hour yesterday

i just bought my ticket last night
couldn't believe they're not sold out yet

i hope Bomb Factory allows costumes

Fat Lenny
Touch My Tooter
Baby Bitch
The Mollusk

10 minutes exactly according to my times.

Dump that folder please

For some reason I do, but not any time that soon and I wouldn't care if they didn't. They have a huge amount of high quality unreleased/undeveloped stuff too

>16Gb

I'm interested.

9:59

okay guys. it's time that you all red-pilled me on ween. there aren't many other bands with this strong of a devoted cult following and i would like to know why.

i've listened to the mollusk and thought it was generally pretty good. I've also listened to godweensatan and while it had some good songs i feel like it was too all-over-the-place and some of the songs were just too much of jokes for me to take them seriously.

i feel like that's the main problem i run into with ween. it's hard for me to take them seriously as artists when so much of their material is just obviously a joke. it seems like they're just a couple of cheeky dudes fucking around.

do you all seriously enjoy their music? or do you just like it because it's funny and ironic like lil b? please try to convert me because from what i've heard, they do have some really great songs, i just can't look past shit like "let me lick your pussy" and "waving my dick in the wind" any album recommendations?

Learn to have fun you pretentious cunt

Why not demon sweat, since it's the best song on the pod

Playing now

You still have about 90 seconds left

>Learn to have fun you pretentious cunt
k..

>demon sweat

That's a weird way of saying Frank.

But that end to Fat Lenny though

archive.org/details/ween2017-06-09/ween2017-06-09t07.flac

listen to this live show it is a good one

just found out they're headlining a fest on a beach a scant 3-4 blocks from my house

no dox pls

>i've listened to The Pod 125+ times this year.
this cant be healthy

>so much of their material is just obviously a joke
This is wrong

1:17
youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq23a5ray8

They have humor in their music, that doesn't mean they don't take it seriously. Waving my Dick in The Wind is a great song, you just have to get used to it because you don't normally hear people saying things in music like that.

Keep going. See how high it can get.

Their music isn't just about joking. Taking them "seriously" is the wrong way to approach Ween. Ween are serious musicians in that their music has merit, but they aren't serious on a surface level looking at the lyrical content, nor are they serious when it comes to following conventions. In a sense, they are just being themselves while possessing very strong creative capabilities.

being a ween fan feels like true friendship...

What, how it cuts off too soon? I don't have a problem with it. It adds a certain extra flavor.

Is this what Deaner was talking about? Gener's Gone is a fine song, friends.

>archive.org/details/ween2017-06-09/ween2017-06-09t07.flac
cool i'll check this out

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq23a5ray8
wow that was a very relevant and informative interview. thanks for linking. and yeah maybe you're right about me being thrown off just because i haven't heard anything like it before

>Taking them "seriously" is the wrong way to approach Ween.
okay. i guess i'll try listening to them with a different mindset.

meant to link as well

it's a common lineage with zappa. the fact that they can imitate and excel in any style/genre they choose, but still maintain their characteristic ween-ness, indicates a rare blend of virtuoso musicianship and individuality. truly a one of a kind project and the fact that they got their shit together and are playing their most psychedelic shows ever despite Gene getting clean is a true miracle

Just try to familiarize yourself with their personalities as you listen to more of their stuff. It becomes quite magical.

This is what a 2017 set list looks like???
I'm so hyped now

they are one of the most accomplished live bands on the planet and their current shows are no exception

Quebec is their best work.

I might fangirl

>it's hard for me to take them seriously as artists when so much of their material is just obviously a joke
i hate when people say this stuff. calling ween a "joke band" just because their music is humorous discredits the fuck out of them. it makes it seem like they only exist to be funny and are pointless beyond that. do you think music/art and humor should always be separated?

humor or not, both musicians are incredibly talented, especially dean. they're great at bending genres on every album and clearly know their stuff based on influences. if you're not into the silliness, their early stuff probably isn't for you - you'll see just how good they are songwriting-wise if you listen to quebec or white pepper.

Trips confirm
10/10 album

i'm going to break down and cry when i see them perform "Chocolate Town"

Would love to hear a studio release of "Deep Calm." One of the best songs Aaron has written and we only have the incomplete demo. Chancy Boys is an amazing cut from the Gene Ween Band era, as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gfc4cCSUIMg

Have y'all seen Jimmy Wilson dance?

also LMLYP has one of dean's best guitar solos. if you can't get past the lyrical content there then listening to prince would be a nightmare

if you take the Caesar demos and subtract all the songs that made the cut for Quebec I like the album you're left with better than Quebec.

1. Pot Luck
2. Ooh Vah Lah
3. Linda (The Sexy Dancer)
4. That Man (From the Flatland)
5. Oh My Little Country Cottage
6. I Fell In Love Today
7. Ambrosia Parsley
8. Love Come Down (09-11-01
9. Don't Let the Moon Catch you Cryin'
10. You can Go Shit in Your Hat (Matt)
11. Someday
12. She Caught My Fancy
13. Eulogy for David Anderson
14. Things You Already Know
15. Hello Johnny
16. I'm Wide Open

If you give that boy a dime then you might have a chance to see ol' Jimmy Wilson dance.

Why do none of their other albums compare?

I don't care what anyone says, this album is the essence of Ween.

>archive.org/details/ween2017-06-09/ween2017-06-09t07.flac
I was at this show. Im was the guy with the "ass hat" at the end of bananas and blow.

I've only listened to the Mollusk and I loved it, what should I listen now?

White Pepper first, then Chocolate and Cheese, then Quebec.

As for their brown era, Pure Guava is a good intro.

just because some songs are jokes doesn't mean they cant have any real meaning to it.

There's a lot of really sad songs too. Nothing really funny about Birthday Boy.

>listening to bootleg
>gener is talking about the common bitch
>heckler asks about the common asshole
>they proceed to play common bitch
>play three other songs
>play common bitch again

Why are they so based?

I'm a common man, a man of time.

I love all of their albums, but I listen to the Mollusk twice a day at least.

True. Ween covers an extremely wide range of genres and emotions/moods.

Oh wow I actually have a couple dean fish pics too but 16GB is impressive.

mickeysfishing.com/Reports/gallery/