Similar Movies To Atlantis

I'm looking for some similar movies to Atlantis:The Lost Empire. The whole aspect of discovery,adventure and going places where no one has gone before with new cultures/people and possibly a little romance in and around. Not sure if I should have posted this on /r/ or not but if any of you know something similar to it that would be cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4POKzW3rys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Star Trek

The Road to El Dorado (the animated one)

The Road to El Dorado
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Treasure Planet

How about not the Disney ripoff but the original anime Nadia of Blue Water?

I've never really gotten into the series before, I don't know much about it. Would I miss out on a lot if I didn't watch the original series?

Road to El Dorado I already own, great movie. I haven't seen Sinbad yet, I'll definitely check it out and I also own Treasure Planet.

Holy moly that looks old, I'll check it out though.

Thanks guys.

All of the Star Treks before the reboot stuff were like that.

Also
>Stargate

Easy famicom, it's not what I'd call a ripoff at all. If we're going to talk anime there are actually a few that might work.

>Laputa: Castle in the Sky
>Space Pirate Captain Harlock
>Galaxy Express 999
>Space Adventure Cobra
>Queen Millennia

Bump

John Carter of Mars
Around the World in 80 Days

Titan A.E.

Atlantis 2

>anime from late 1980s
>old

man that's prime era for anime, they got these bluray transfer from the original film and this cel anime looks gorgeous in 1080p

The Road to El Dorado
Treasure Planet
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Stargate
Titan A.E.

but the art style is still old to be fair

Not him, is that a problem?

If anything it should feel fresher since you're probably used to seeing mostly the contemporary style.

That was three or four shorts. It was originally meant to become a series like the legend of tarzan was I believe. It ended somewhat well but if they had more funding it would have been much better. Same with Treasure Planet, just didn't have enough funding even though a storyboard was already written.

Have you tried Stargate?

I find it funny how many people don't realize Atlantis is a direct ripoff of Stargate
>nerdy scientist guy shun by scientific community
>old lady representing the government needs his valuable help to go to another world
>nerdy guy meets up with the locals
>nerdy guy falls in love with one of their females
>military guy has secondary goals
>an ancient power threatens the world
>nerdy guy manages to save the world
>nerdy guy stays behind with his new wife as everyone goes back home

Which is even funnier when you remember that Stargate Atlantis is a thing. And that one of the characters in that show is playing Aquaman who lives in Atlantis.

Thank you op for reminding me this
WARLORD OF THE DEEP
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4POKzW3rys

Yeah Ive seen Stargate but I havent seen Stargate Atlantis yet. Might give it a shot, although I do prefer animation rather than real actors when it comes to most movies. But Im open to anything really.

Just admit you're an animeloving faggot you despicable, tasteless fuck

Holy shit hahah I remember watching that on TV one time. It was like a channel just showing all the old classic movies.

No I just grew up loving most classic Disney films. They we're my childhood.

>Nadia cuckold water.
Avoid at all costs or prepare to rage.
Anno hates the audience always remember.

Well considering Disney ripped him off like Ozumu with Lion King no wonder he has grudges.

Princess Mononoke
Zamd
Eureka 7
Fractale

Weren't the really shitty episodes outsourced?

iirc they were also the result of wanting to stretch the series out longer than its originally planned run because it was a success

Not an inherently bad idea but they kind of fucked it.

yeah they definitely could've pulled it off better, but trying to insert more self-contained acts into the middle of a story that you've already written and produced the beginning and end of is far from the most elegant way to do it.

I like how Super Dimension Fortress Macross did it. The entire post-giant battle epilogue arc of 8 or so episodes was added during production due to popularity. It seems like a much smarter idea than bloating the middle of the story.

yeah something that. they could've even just started planning a nadia 2 if they really wanted to capitalize on the property

>even considering skipping TOS

man, you might as well not even start, TOS is ESSENTIAL