Now that the dust has settled, what did you guys think?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you guys think?

There 4th best album

I thought it was fairly lackluster in the Radiohead discography. Definitely don't rate it as high as many other people I've seen do. Probably one of my least favorite records of theirs if not my least favorite besides Pablo Honey. Quite boring, could have been a Thom Yorke solo album. Like they cut away all the good parts of In Rainbows and capitalized on it. I was disappointed when it came out.

AOTY.

their best LP

Their best album in nearly a decade tbqh

Outside of Decks Dark, a tired, probably last album from a band that's about done creatively.

Spectre was a better work than the entire album in truth.

Pretty much this.

Definitely in my top 3 for them

Favorite tracks?

Daydreaming
Ful Stop
Glass Eyes
Present Tense

pretty much all of those are absolute fantastic songs to me, the production is lush throughout the entire album but they stand out on these tracks

and what more can I say about True Love Waits that hasn't already been said? Legendary track I'm just glad we finally got the studio version. EASILY their best album to me

Like I can see them saying - aw fuck it, let's just dust off and record some old songs our fans keep asking us to, some of them decades old, throw in a couple "whatever" songs to be able to sell it as new and ride off into the sunset with the millions we'll make direct selling it to wannabe intellectual normies.

And I'm a huge Radiohead fan.

top 3 would have to be Daydreaming, TLW and decks dark but I don't know I change that around with almost every listen, the replay value on this one tops pretty much every other album of theirs for me in replayability besides in rainbows

im not sure why but the only radiohead album I could listen to front to back any day is Amnesiac the others I typically visit about once or twice a year

kid a
a moon shaped pool
in rainbows

rest is shit

second behind OK Computer

try TKOL from the basement u might like

Top 3 and will probably rise as time goes on.

I'm honestly baffled as to how someone can like kid a but not amnesiac

they're almost like sister albums in a way that In Rainbows and AMSP are

3rd best album from them, took the best of In Rainbows and King of Limbs and tastefully blended it together. Instrumentation and composition is subtle as all fuck but man is that shit on point, simply hearing the textures come and go on songs like The Numbers and Present Tense is extremely pleasant and the dreamscapey mood of songs like Daydreaming, Glass Eyes and Desert Island Disk is really elegant. It's nothing terribly innovative for the band but rarely has it ever been this well executed across an entire record. They did really good on this one.

At first I thought it was really lame, but I revisited it this spring and quite liked it. I still think it's 3 or 4 songs too long though. Burn The Witch, Glass Eyes, and Tinker Tailor could all go. I lament that it's less of a "band' album than their previous three records. I guess mixed feelings. 7/10?

>disliking glass eyes

where is your soul

I've thought about this but AMSP really wasn't that bad about dragging things out of the vault. Thinking about it, the outright new songs as of the album's release were
>Daydreaming
>Decks Dark
>Glass Eyes
>Tinker Tailor
so yeah, it looks like only 4 of 11 songs are sincerely new but let's look at the others.

>Burn The Witch
This has been floating about conceptually since the HTTT era but only conceptually - prior to AMSP there was never a publicly known completed song, it's the first time any of us have actually heard it.
>Desert Island Disk
Premiered at an acoustic show in late 2015, mere months before the album came out.
>Ful Stop
Premiered live in 2012, a year after TKOL was released. Nothing unusual for Radiohead, they tend to experiment live.
>Identikit
See Ful Stop
>The Numbers
See Desert Island Disk
>Present Tense
Premiered in the In Rainbows era and didn't really change much in its final incarnation. So yeah, this one's actually pulling one out of the vault.
>True Love Waits
Ancient song, but it's been so thoroughly reinterpreted that not only does it resemble that ancient form but comes across as using its age to its advantage, sounding more like finding an old forgotten song written for a loved one than the song it once was. The meaning had changed entirely, it's hardly even the same song.

So overall, the only flagrant example of pulling old songs out of the vault was Present Tense. Every other song was either rather recent or workshopped to a point where it basically was new.

Kid A is cohesive, Amnesiac is not. There's nothing special about the tracking.

Just to get the obligatory controversy going....

1. Kid A
2. In Rainbows
3. The King Of Limbs
4. The Bends
5. A Moon Shaped Pool
6. Ok Computer
7. Amnesiac
8. HTTT
9. Life of Pablo

Replace Desert Island Disk with Ill Wind and you got yourself a 10/10 album.
Otherwise, still a beautifully crafted album, possibly the album of the year for 2016.
9/10

I will say that is an interesting list, I don't think I've ever seen someone rate the Bends over OKC

DID flows perfectly from decks dark tho, and gives the perfect feel of floating in the middle of a foggy lake. the soundscapes are beautiful. I really Wish ill wind was on there somewhere tho

Considering the songs were in alphabetical order, it would've landed right after Identikit

>King of Limbs
>band album

m8, Phil and Colin owned that shit. Even Thom took a backseat to dem basslines and drum patterns for the first half of the album, though he does take back center stage in the second half. To me, the only proper "band" song on the whole thing is Seperator, also Staircase if we're including B-sides.

and spectre fits pretty well after present tense desu

it fits too good honestly like it was made to be on the album

I have it in that exact position on my tracklist, I think of it as a bonus track

amnesiac is a piece of shit with like 3 notable songs

well your entitled to your opinion no matter how shite it is

1. Glass Eyes
2. Burn The Witch
3. Ful Stop
4. Decks Dark
5. Present Tense
6. Daydreaming
7. True Love Waits
8. Tinker Tailor
9. Identikit
10. Desert Island Disk
11. The Numbers

Numbers would be much higher for me if not for the asinine lyrics. Musically, it's one of the album's best but
>The numbers don't decide/Your system is a lie
hurts my soul.