The Beatles. Better in Mono or in Stereo and why?

The Beatles. Better in Mono or in Stereo and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ix0OAeAHKAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mono, because that's literally the way the Beatles themselves intended their music to be listened to desu. No shitty hard panning either.

bad opinion

Not at all. The 2009 stereo remasters are proven to be quite horrid. Every single album was digitally remastered and compressed up the ass. The recent mono remasters, purely analog from the original tapes, give me a fucking hard on.

definitely mono for at least the first four albums

mono's probably still preferable up through Sgt Pepper or the White album or thereabouts, but I think the stereo mixes of Rubber Soul and Revolver are fine

the thing about the stereo mixes is they sound so shrill and treble-y

and for the first four, you could drive a truck between the stereo channels

the box set remasters? those were very good remasters... they weren't compressed, there was just a slight volume bump

listen to the 1 comp to hear absolutely awful, ear-bleeding mastering

>implying the Beatles are good

>implying you're patrician by bagging on the greatest band in music.

I've been listening to the Beatles in stereo pretty much my entire life so it would be weird to switch to mono

Generally mono but stereo offers a very different experience so what you should do it have them in both so that you will have the best version of all of their songs. I can safely say that their first two records are better in mono however.

Mono is never better in any context.

This is wrong

Obviously stereo, but only if you're listening to them on a hi-fi.
Mono if you want to listen to them on headphones.

mono: all their albums up to sgt. peppers
stereo: all their albums after sgt. peppers

Good point, you can never go wrong with stereo if you're listening to them with a nice speaker system.

The mono version of Sgt Pepper was WAY better than the stereo version until the 2017 remix.

Feel free to prove it then.

Listen to their first two albums in stereo and get back to me

That'll take a while and those are their worst albums but alright.

if it was recorded in mono listen to it in mono
if it was recorded in stereo listen to it in stereo

this literally applies to all genres around that time..

But what about the 2017 mix of Sgt pepper?

Listen to the new remix for that

I've listened to their entire discography with the 2009 remixes. Should i get them in mono or just stick with what I got?

Yeah, me too, i'm gonna try listening to all the albums until Pepper in mono and see if they're better. If they are i'll just listen to the mono instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=ix0OAeAHKAA
dude

I think it's a matter of opinion.
Personally I think some of the songs are better in mono, while others are better in stereo.

Some might argue that certain albums are better in mono than stereo but again, that depends on one's personal taste.

One also should remember though that with certain songs, it's not only a question of mix, but the fact that there are two different versions of the same song i.e. the mono version could be a different take from the stereo counterpart.

The Beatles stopped putting out mono versions after "The White Album". (Which was not released in mono in the U.S.) One should listen to both versions back to back and decide for themselves.

Stereo because I like to listen to each side separately. Left first then right.

This thread again

Everything up to and including the white album is best in mono. There are elements present in mono mixes that are missing in stereo mixes (most noticeably on Sgt. Pepper) and more time and effort was put into the mono mixes than the stereo mixes. After that they actually gave a shit so the stereo is fine.