Wtf i love radiohead now

wtf i love radiohead now

tell me why and what albums that made you fall in love

Started with The Bends
Didn't quite click with me, but I was intrigued. Checked out Radiohead couple years later, digging into Kid A. At first I thought it was a snoozefest, and I was unable to remember any of the songs after listening, but three four more listens I fell in love with the eerie ambience, and melancholic atmosphere. Such an amazing blend of electronics and rock. Then I went on to check out OK Computer. Thinking that nothing would top Kid A, I had low expectations, and I was amazed. Then I dug through the rest of their disco and yeah they're pretty great tbqh familia

rate albums best to worst

i'm not OP but gonna get it out of the way

OK Computer = Kid A > In Rainbows > A Moon Shaped Pool > The Bends = Hail To The Thief > Amnesiac > Pablo Honey > The King Of Limbs

no im not fantano

Agreed 100%

I have not listened to

Rainbows, Bends, Hail to the Thief, Amnesiac, Pablo and King of Limbs

Which ones should I skip?

If you dislike anything past Amnesiac going by the order he says, then dont even bother with TKOL

People keep telling me that TKOL is trash and Pablo is just forgettable.

So Pablo onwards or skip that too?

Kid A >= OK Computer >= In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > Amnesiac > A Moon Shaped Pool > The Bends > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey

Skip Pablo and maybe TKOL

Also you don't have to like The Bends if you don't want to, it's just generic 90s alt rock with the exception of a few amazing tracks

you have pretty good radiohead taste

Amnesiac has some incredible songs like Knives Out and Life in a Glasshouse but as a whole album it's not very good. it's worth checking out for the handful of worthwile tracks

>skipping TKOL

Honestly while it's not going to be their peak TKOL is not absolute shite and it's definitely more of them trying to experiment with a more rhythmical take to their music. If you skip it you'll miss out on a couple of things that click on their other albums.

>couple of things that click on their other albums

Just curious. What do you mean by this? I asusmed TKOL was a completely separate entity in terms of style and approach. I cannot see any parallel to their other songs with blatant looping of elaborate rhythms and melodies as TKOL.

TKOL is one of their weakest but Lotus Flower and Codex are really great tracks, those two are definitely worth a listen

welcome to music, pleb.

Honestly I didn't register the impact of how well built the rhythm and melodies of most of Radiohead's work was (even with their simplicity compared to The King Of Limbs) until I actually listened to The King Of Limbs, and when I came back that clicked and their work seemed a lot more impactful. It's weird.

Yeah, The King of Limbs isn't one of their strongest ones, but it's not Pablo Honey where it's just straight up very mediocre and almost nothing to do with the band post-Pablo Honey. It's kind of separate, but it's still got traces of their style through it while Pablo Honey just seems like something from another band. It's not an album you can skip to kind of get Radiohead beyond what you're expected to listen at the very least (The Bends to In Rainbows).

I agree. Their melodies seem to be well crafted and worked upon. A lot of their riffs are not just arbitrary notes played in succession but feel like they have a purpose. For example, the intro piano riff on Bloom sounds like something you would play randomly. But the way it builds upon with other instruments and adds layers and layers throughout the song and morphs into this clusterfuck of melodies is amazing.

That happened to me with OKC. I thought it had a fantastic atmosphere but couldn't really get into the songs until the 3-4-5 listen.

I immediately fell in love with Kid A though

Radiohead are so fucking boring. Just find the music they were actually influenced by and you will be amazed.

>people shitting on TKOL while Bloom isn't in their top 5 favorite Radiohead songs
Opinions discarded.

>people shitting on Pablo Honey while Creep isn't their favorite Radiohead song.
Opinions discarded.

>Not having yet listened to In Rainbows
I envy you.

enlighten me, faggot

The bends and all their sad acoustic shit is for cucks. Kid A and In Rainbows are sick though, both 10/10

people always say this without offering a single example

will get on it user

Radiohead sucks

OKC = Kid A > The Bends = Amnesiac >In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > A Moon Shaped Pool > Creep (single) > Pablo Honey

Blow Out is a lot better than Creep

You're not fooling me, melon fag

for me Kid A was nearly instantaneous, mainly because its produced so well

[spoiler]Basement TKOL is easily one of their best albums and I urge anyone hating on that album to listen to that version[/spoiler]

kid a is what boring normies think of as ''''''''experimental''''''''' music

Objective opinion coming through

OK Computer = Kid A > In Rainbows > A Moon Shaped Pool > Amnesiac > Hail To The Thief > King of Limbs > The Bends > >Pablo Honey

OK Computer > Amnesiac > Kid A > In Rainbows > A Moon Shaped Pool > The Bends > The King of Limbs >> Hail to the Thief >>>> Pablo Honey

Kid A. Had a hard time getting through Thom's vocals at first but i kept coming back to Everything in its right place's synth sound and the glastonbury 2003 version of idioteque.

Is this the /radiohead/ thread?
Listening to OKNOTOK

>I'd show them the stars, and the meaning of life
>They'd shut me away
>But I'd be all right

Prindle put it best:
> Okay, so this is the album that everybody called "difficult" when it came out. What this means is that it is "creative," "non-traditional" and "interesting," and normal "modern rock" radio listeners aren't prepared to be, or interested in being, challenged.

Agreed
Daily Mail is a top 5 radiohead song

Listen to all of them. They are all great. IMO

HTTT=Kid A>In Rainbows> OKC>AMSP=Amnesiac>TKOL>The Bends> Pablo Honey. They are all top tier though, even pablo honey is good with songs like You, Anyone Can Play Guitar, Blowout, and Lurgee

Guys so I've never listened to Radiohead save like three songs.
What would you recommend for my first actual full album to listen to?

okc --> kid a --> amnesiac

OK Computer or Kid A. OK Computer is more Rock, and Kid A is more experimental.

OK Computer at least a couple of times, then Kid A.
After that either carry on chronologically or listen to their first 2 albums to hear where they originally progressed from.

Kid A > OK Computer > AMSP > TKOL > HttT > Amnesiac > In Rainbows > The Bends > Pablo Honey

The Bends probably. OKC if you're already into prog and art rock, and Kid A if you already like Jazz, Krautrock, or IDM.

Palo Honey>The Bens>In Ranbowes>Hail to The Thef>Amnesac>Kid B> A Moon Shaped poo> OK compute

Kid A> In Rainbows > TKOL > AMSP >The Bends > Ok Computer > Amnesiac> HTTT > Life Of Pablo

A piece of shit. Unispired. Muh effects. He can't sing. Stolen beats for his nice dream. A Hack. Haack did it better.
The demo was better. Outdated. Gimmick.
7/10
Nuffing personnel, Kid

OKC > Kid A > In Rainbows > HTTT > Amnesiac > The Bends > AMSP > TKOL > Pablo Honey

have HTTF bellow the bends and that's pretty much me

If I love OKC, what other bands would I enjoy?

Depends on what you like. If you're into electronic then go with Kid A. If you're into rock go with OK Computer

Whatever you do don't skip TKOL

Some people might not like it, but it's my favourite after In rainbows and offers something that none of the others do.

wtf I love shitposting now

You're in the minority and you ignore the fact that because something is unique doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

The last half is significantly better than the first half, it's not their best album but I still love Lotus Flower and Codex