Best Shots

What is the most beautiful shot you've ever seen in the medium?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlBcDnRzmM0
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=x9J65j2GNzw
vimeo.com/92501712
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this

I'm not sure what Sup Forums thinks of Sicario but this shot / scene was fucking amazing.

Sicario is solid, though it had some script issues. Deakins can shoot a film though.

I think that Benoit Debie and Cristopher Doyle are the most underrated DPs'.

That was pretty cool, like crocodiles sliding into the water.

what is this kino?

Any zack snyder movie just pause any scene

Fallen Angels, shot by Christopher Doyle.

get goosebumps just seeing it

Zack Snyder's visuals are amazing. BvS is perhaps one of the 'best' looking capeshit films.

shame the movie save for that scene right there is hot garbage

that jarhead scene does it for me

Fallen Angels is a masterpiece, but sure.

Is that even a question?

the whole movies look stunning

indeed kino

>.png
Are you fucking retarded, that's not what you use PNG for, just use highest quality jpeg you stupid fuck

that's such an impossible question to ask.

how do you really compare beauty at that level? i know this is a slippery slope but trying to answer that feels really... reductive. and dismissive. and unfair.

i hope this is just a clever way to get people to post certain stills in a thread.

The Revenant have tons of good shots

I hated that movie. Wasted beauty on a terrible script and downright offensive acting. Fuckin' ell Stan, get a writer and some decent actors.

Anything that screams of set-up like the Scario garbage or Leone garbage is trahs

every scene of Conan is kino

youtube.com/watch?v=RlBcDnRzmM0

I was about to berate this for missing some of the best scenes in the film, but then I realized basically every scene in it is perfection and it would be hard to choose. I think the scene where the wife and the kids are laying down with fans is the best scene in the movie and possibly the best one in cinema history.

If you've seen the movie you understand.

>relationship between son and father
>the importance of the neighborhood
>earth's nature shown by the trees
>birth and eventual death of the universe represented by the sun

I love this scene. I kind of wish he just would have held the phone and not said anything as I think the images alone convey enough to let you know what happened between them.

These are incredible films. Wim (during his peak) and Terry are master filmmakers. Kinski is an absolute beauty too.

Tree of Life sucked dicks, both TTW and KOC are better

user please this is a serious thread, take your ironic shitposting to the rest of the board

Nothing ironic about it, ToL was terrible and even Malick understood it

Yes, Rerberg was the best, the absolute best...Tarkovsky spent his entire career emulating him after the falling out.

George Baileys speech is one of my favorite scenes and it's hard to pick an exact pic to encapsulate the whole scene, but what I love about this aside from Jimmy Stewart slaying scrooge is the way the Bailey savings and loan signs shadow reflects on him and his fathers picture is right behind him like he is invoking the spirit of the savings and loan to finally realize where he really belongs before he actually does. I think Capra in general is an underrated cinematographer who's movies go unnoticed because they're in plain sight.

>grew up in a small village shithole in Alaska
>no suburbia
>no father
>no trees

Fu\ck I love this movie so much though, my heart aches.

This shot from Frankenstein deserves more recognition.

They just don't make scenes like this anymore.

>that lighting

Jesus, I could do better myself. This is overexposed and not properly WB'd

>them dubs
>birth and eventual death represented by the sun
>reverence of nature
>importance of community

is terry a Sup Forums-user?

>This is overexposed and not properly WB'd
all intentional

>it's good

genius!

>it's shit

it was stylistically designed to be that way

what are these kinos?

Frankenstein (1931)

How genius is that?

Pretty sure the other one is No Country for Old Men.

the dad was an asshole, he should have been the one to die.

>he should have been the one to die.
...what do you think we all do

I love this scene in John Wick

watching this movie on tv back when the aspect ratio was all tiny was true suffering. they would always split these shots up for the tv edit.

great choice

Why does the camera linger on this scene for so long? Why is this the establishing shot of the opening scene? Why was this the opening scene at all?

WHY????

I only discovered recently how many of my favourite films have involved Roger Deakins.

>not wanting to see CIA's power stance

it's like you don''t know good Kino. youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=x9J65j2GNzw

I like a lot of scenes from Night of The Hunter, but the scene where he's praying with the knife in between his hands is nearly perfect. (not pic related) The lighting, positioning everything. Perfectly encapsulates the character as well.

>only comes up as 70th post

Is baneposting dead?

Shots of Tree of Life are what I see when I imagine how I want to spend the rest of my life

More seriously, I wanna go with this one. But I also have Days of Heaven in mind or Tess or Picnic at Hanging Rock and Lawrence of Arabia.

Dumbfuck that I am. Here's the shot.

This scene is so amazing, just one take 20 minutes of awe inspiring cinema

great choice user

How is that even relevant to what the movie is trying to convey? It's besides the point.

Stunning movie.

Glory to God!

pic related might be my favorite (there are too many tho)

This, absolutely stunning film one of my favourites.

Absolutely god-tier, underrated film. Same with Killing them Softly.

>Caring about the collective taste of reddit's backwash

The shot was good, the movie was alright.

call me a pleb
what flick is this from?

Barry Lyndon

pleb

i wouldn't have called you a pleb but you asked me to

it's kubrick I think

When I die, I hope I view my life through Lubezki's lens and Malick's direction.

Thank you user

Ayy, was just about to post this. I didn't necessarily hate the movie but god damn was it a waste of visual and technical skills.

Used an image from that scene as my desktop for like 2 years

>Lubezki
thank you for bringing this name

Was 2007 the last truly GOAT year for movies?
>No Country For Old Men
>Eastern Promises
>Assassination of Jesse James
>There Will Be Blood
>Gone Baby Gone
>Hot Fuzz
>Zodiac
>3:10 to Yuma
>Sunshine

I think this was one of the best shots

Pretty much.

I did enjoy The Master and Spring Breakers though. Inside Llewyn Davis is a masterpiece though, same with A Serious Man.

From The Emperor and the Assassin (1998), dp: Zhao Fei.

'no'

Hero did it better.

Hero is full of great shots.

Remember when people thought he was going to be a good director? What went wrong Sup Forums

Good ol' Mann
vimeo.com/92501712

Children of Men has so many great shots

He's getting progressively worse. His Alien movie will either make or break him.