Looking at this as a first car, what do you think Sup Forums? I like it, will insurance be a bitch?

Looking at this as a first car, what do you think Sup Forums? I like it, will insurance be a bitch?

>2k
>12m away from me

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/dat_m3/
instagram.com/p/BUp2gMXA4S4/?taken-by=dat_m3
instagram.com/p/BTRfNp2lDGU/?taken-by=dat_m3
instagram.com/p/BUsAfQpA2Mx/?taken-by=dat_m3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2k is price they want for the car not the miles

Not sure where you're from but
>Mercedes
>2-door
>first car

Yes, insurance will suck.

not good idea since you will have problems with "rost" maybe ask in car thread :)

Also parts cost when something goes wrong won't be cheap

OP is a stupid faggot.

I'm in the US user.

Go for a 4-door car thats older than 10 years old and your insurance would be pretty good.

I forgot to mention in op, but this one is a 98.

If this is your first car and you have no credit at all you should try and get a cosigner on your insurance policy as well because that would make thing a ton easier.

NO

Shit choice, user.

Well I have a cosigner for it, I have two people who are willing to cosign for me.

No. Get a used Toyota Corolla.

It's selling for 2k because the maintenance costs are as high.

>Is an old German luxury coupe a good first car?

It's going to have problems, parts are going to be pricey and hard to find, and I can pretty much guarantee it will be an absolute bitch to work on (meaning lots of aggravation for you, or long billable hours at a garage). Be sensible and get a Civic or something.

Bad choice user

urgh, I assume you're going for the "I have an older car so I must like cars" look?

Then why go for something a old WASP-y bitch would drive?

Find a BMW 316/318, an A4 S-line, an S3 or S4, or something Japanese.

Euro Premium is going to be a bitch in parts whatever the brand.

OP i have driven one of these before if your over 5'7 your not gonna fit

This
/thread

>will insurance be a bitch
get the VIN
get a quote

you better have another 4 k to cover repairs over the next year, dont be a dumbass

lol, no, he's going for "the most expensive mercedes I can afford"

That's a hand me down hand me down nigger car, OP.

Don't get a mercedes, if something goes wrong and it will go wrong, replacement parts will be expensive, I had a mercedes just get something non foreign

Jesus christ that's a ugly Mercedes definitely something a Sup Forumstard would drive

This absolutely. Anything German is going to be expensive, period, and an older German vehicle is just going to increase that.

Be a smart and reasonable person and get a solid Japanese sedan that runs for 200k miles with a total of 3k in repairs over 10 years

>Find a BMW 316/318, an A4 S-line, an S3 or S4.

No. OP needs an appliance, not something fun.

Just post your rough location, how far your willing to go to buy, budget (including what you can cover for upkeep over a few years) and basic insurance shit (age and driving history).

We will find you something a million times less shit than that heap.

I figured, as far as maintenance goes I can do the work on it myself. Or at the least me and my brother can cover it he has an M3.

I'm working on the assumption that he thinks that hairdressers merc up there will get him laid, so I was offering ideas of things that will actually get him laid.

Of course when you buy an older german car, you no longer care for or have time for sex, just trying to find parts

First off, congrats on being an underage faggot. Is being gay in high school hard?

A $2,000 Benz is a fucking terrible decision. If you buy it you will be spending a shitload of money getting it fixed, as its very likely about to have a bunch of parts and systems fail due to age/neglect, and since its a German import those parts will be more expensive than for similar Jap or American cars, and the labor will also be more expensive as fewer mechanics work on them (not as much of a problem as in the past, admittedly) and being 16 I doubt you'll be able to do it yourself.

and my brother tunes his car up and is constantly working on it, not necessarily fixing it but just buying extra stuff to make it look fancy.

grg that. I'm assuming he's buy because of the brand, not because 98 is an "old car"

Check his car. Is there a Paul Walker sticker? If so, disregard everything.

I can get a picture of his car, last I saw it he had maybe 1 or 2 stickers on it. No Paul Walker though. kek

While this gives me hope, I still wouldn't buy a merc, and especially not that merc.

Go buy an E30 or E36. Most of your parts are swappable.

Please. Gotta see the extra stuff he bought to make it look fancy.

>as far as maintenance goes I can do the work myself
That's fine and everything and it will definitely make it more (keyword) affordable, but the part cost alone is still going to have a steep profit margin so doing the work yourself is gonna be far from nullifying the difference.

I could take a Toyota Camry to the fucking dealer for every oil change and tiny repair and it would still end up costing less in maintenance than even the most basic German models if I did every repair myself

Stick on plasti-chrome from pep boys

In just a few years it will be old enough for QQ tags. If it were Japanese, it would just be kind of old, but its German, so it ages in dog years.

Japanese old: 25-30 years
Korean old: 20 years
American old: 15 years
German old: 10 years
British old: 5 years
Italian old: 2 years
French old: Driven off the lot.

Subaru old: Sometime after the sun goes Red Giant.

I have an E30 and the parts aren't expensive. There's a pretty big after market and enthusiast community.

I donno what QQ tags are because amerifag.

Here an old car is probably 80's and older. I'd say when cars stopped being so square is where the average person would say it's a newer car.

Depends on where you live. Yeah you can get aftermarket but the success rate on these isn't very strong whereas the OEM part of a Japanese car is still going to be cheaper than an aftermarket BMW part and you get full dealer coverage and warranty

working on it user, going to his instagram for pics

>full dealer coverage and warranty
We're talking about 20 year old used cars.
Looks like OP lives in the midwest.
We have the internet now.

I'm talking about the part, not the car. It doesn't matter how old my car is, if I buy a part from the dealer it's going to have warranty and if there are any issues with it in 1-2 years I can return it for a fix/new part.

I'm on the east Sup Forumsro, NC too be specific.

instagram.com/dat_m3/

>his instagram

Blow me

Sorry, QQ is what historic tags are called in my state. 25 years + and a car qualifies for historic tags, which make them much cheaper to insure + register and exempts them from many regulations. You also have to limit how many miles you put on them, can't be a daily driver. I'd consider any card that the government is willing to consider old enough that they'll charge less money for registration and tags is probably old enough to be considered objectively old.

wtf... The parts you buy aftermarket have warranty too.

What about me should i get this for 4.4k euro? I live in the balkans so parts for maintenance and other stuff cost lower. Also heard e46 is solid is that true?

Keep telling yourself that

He's definitely a douchebag, but if he can help you fix your shit box then buy whatever the fuck you want.

Oh, ok. In california we have the smog rules for 1975 and older.

We also have a historical plates thing, but don't know the dates it's good for, and wouldn't do it for a daily driver because of the mileage limit.

You fell for the dealership meme and you're telling me that?

How am I a D bag ? >Drives BMW

How am I a D bag ? >Drives BMW k

Double posted like an idiot my bad.

Kek that was my first car back in 2002, a 99 SLK320. That think had probably been so beat and abused that if it does still run, it'll leave you broken down on the way to McDonalds. Don't expect the retractable hard top's hydraulic system to last either.

OH GOD THAT DELIVERS AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD.

instagram.com/p/BUp2gMXA4S4/?taken-by=dat_m3

instagram.com/p/BTRfNp2lDGU/?taken-by=dat_m3

instagram.com/p/BUsAfQpA2Mx/?taken-by=dat_m3

Fake euro license plate
carbon fibre roundel
black marker lights
black wheels
instagram
m3 bro

You got a flat billed cap too?

Don't get me wrong, m3 are great.

I buy barely anything from the dealer. But I've also bought parts and worked on cars long enough to know that if you want reliability you pay the premium. I usually don't, and occasionally I suffer financially for it. This is a risk I have calculated and am willing to take because fuck dealers but I'm also experienced enough to know that you take a gamble buying non-OEM parts no matter what car forums have told you is good and what isn't.

Anyway, the entire point was that if I wanted to, I could buy Toyota OEM parts with guaranteed everything from the dealer and still be better than off than if you gave a blowey in the back alley of a subway so some guy on Craigslist could see you an aftermarket O2 sensor

I won't dock you for points, it happens to the best of us.

Get a chevy, lots of plastic but easy to work on.Reliable as long as long as you dont get a abused one. 4l60e's are shit but they last a good 150k miles each if you arent an ape with the gas.

HAHAHA I'd like to point out I didn't even see this before I posted
He vapes too...

>show mercedes
>ask if insurance will be a bitch

according to the insurance politics of my country i must ask you if you're retarded.

OP, avoid. Avoid like the fucking plague for a first car. Avoid any Mercedes that old as a first car. Basic shit starts to go bad all over them...from interior to engine to drivetrain to electrical...and whereas a Japanese or even American car is easy to fix, not terribly expensive to fix, and easy to maintain...a fucking Mercedes is a nightmare.
Those cars literally have a 5 year usable lifespan before they turn into total pieces of shit that are constantly in & out of local "European auto mechanic" shops constantly.
It's a rolling buttfuck, trust me. If you were better off/further on financially, had a second vehicle to it, were more experienced with cars...then whatever floats your boat. But as a first car, I'm strongly suggesting you avoid.

no troll what is insurance?
how does it work?
why is there insurance for everything even for life?
is it just another jew method to get our money?

op here, that's my boy

>Mercedes
>first car
stop being retarded and get a fucking Nissan already

I wanna see what you guys drive with proof since you wanna talk so much. Vape is fun . Fake euro plate hides Ugly shit behind it .

Aware of this fact. But he looks like a tosser.

It's so when granny smashes in to you, you don't have to pay for a new car.

I've got some fish hippie hats too and the clear corners still lol.

Expect the year of insurance to cost more than the car itself

But I'm not talking about blowing some guy from craigslist, I'm talking about buying parts at your local parts store or online instead of the dealership.

You know you can buy OEM parts from places other than the dealership right? And not everyone needs OEM quality.

Yeah, Cali is tough. In NJ, QQ is what exempts those old cars from smog rules, and like Cali there's a strict mileage limit. Basically, you can take it out cruising on nice days and to shows, but if you want to drive it on the regular its treated like any other car.

One cool thing here is that you can get hot rod tags for even cheaper, and with even more exemptions, for modded cars older than 1950.

A 328 E36 manual is the just about the most fun you can have under 3,000$ in the cheap German car area if you're an enthusiast. Easy to work on and parts are very fairly priced vs jap or american cars and not hard to find online. Obviously its going to need more $ in maintenance but its worth it. Insurance wasn't bad either for a first car, especially if you're going on your parents plan.

Valid point

Why do southerners have such round ass faces? Fuck, you people all look like frat boy Kevin Smiths.

pic related, but stock photo.

A legal front plate hides the license plate mount.
Vape culture is mostly douchebags.

discord delete .gg/ delete BN2kEyT

mine's identical to this one

not too bad for the first car

>Europeans thinking Versas are good
Lol, I'm sorry.

it's not the best car out there sure, but it's alright for city driving and it's not a fuel sponge

I manage 18.5mpg in my e36 m3, I'm guessing you don't go to the pumps much with that 1.nothing shit box though....

oh look, OP's tryhard faggot of a brother has entered the thread

Have fun paying for repairs on that piece of shit op

Nah I'm the guy who suggested the 328 e36

Is this you as well, OP? Why can't you be reasonable?

Well I get around 35mpg in that shit box so yeah I'm alright

No that's not me dude, this is my first post car wise.