This is basically the bargain bin of the now defunct video rental store. Why would anyone pay for this?

This is basically the bargain bin of the now defunct video rental store. Why would anyone pay for this?

Cheap entertainment.

I like the documentaries and anime and most of the original series

OTA television is free.

Because it's a shitload cheaper than cable television

And compared to the movies they show on cable tv their selection is incredible.

Nobody watches Netflix for the movies anymore. Why people subscribe is the ease of binge watching what television they want on the weekend but NEETs wouldn't understand that.

We all gotta pay for something. Compared to cable it's a bargain, especially since they occasionally get lucky and make something decent.

Here Sky has the rights to all the latest movies but charge a lot more.

I do. My attention span isn't very good with tv.

>has stranger things
>has the pest

What more could you want?

and it's only going to get more expensive because of the billions Sky keep pumping in to english soccer, gotta claw back that money.

giving a penny to rupert murdoch, not even once.

Not everyone is poor and watches movies and shows exclusively by themselves on their computer in their room.

I know. Sucks. Only have Freesat now. I won't even use Nowtv.

>mfw I cancelled my HD Sky Cinema packages and now use FreeTelly Kodi and Usenet instead.

Cause I wanted to watch Full House

What does that have to do with Netflix? You can watch it from a cellphone in bed or over a big screen tv on console.

I'm thinking of giving Amazon Prime a shot, they seem to have a better movie selection

This. Netflix is bad for movies, but it doesn't matter because mist people watch it for TV. 90% of feature-length content I want to see isn't on Netflix, so I torrent it like a functional human.

However (if I remove obscure Sup Forums crap,) Netflix has a large chunk of TV I'm interested in seeing, so It's useful for that. Still being on the family netflix sucks though I can't watch during the day at all.

They have the same business model as Planet Fitness

People sign up not realizing they won't use it, but it's cheap to the point where it feels like you should hang onto it

Reminds me of Amazon prime. It's only 7 pounds a month here.

i was born in 1998, people used to pay to rent only ONE video???

I use it more than enough to justify it.

i use it to get laid. that's all really.

Yeah, but you often got a better deal for renting at least two.

New releases were expensive to rent, too. It used to actually be important to not miss movies you wanted to see in theatres. Home tv's were smaller and shittier back then, so it was really a big difference.

I mean, it still is, but now even most low income families have enormous flatscreens in the living room.

>bloodline
>stranger things
>suits
>dardevil
>luke cage looks pretty good
>some good docs
>louis theroux
>narcos

Thats just off the top of my head, its worth the small fee i'de say for ease of use alone

Torrenting all that shit gets annoying after a while

I live in a second world country and video rental stores are still quite popular with middle-aged people.

They have some very good stuff,lots of good and ok stuff.It`s really not expensive at all and pretty convenient.

I've noticed how it's become essentially Netflix shows. When I first signed in it was to watch the shows I wanted, but now they're forcing us to watch what they make. It's basically a television channel.

Netflix
>Stranger Things
Amazon
>Man in the High Castle
Hulu
>Rick and Morty

Netflix is the clear winner here.

Cause normies cant into/are afraid of piracy.

But Amazon has waifu

>This is basically a desperate cable company's paid shill.

That's hulu.

You know you don't gotta watch them if you don't want to, right? They still got your fucking West Wing or whatever.

Not really. Cable is largely garbage in terms of shows, but from what I've seen they at least tend to play actual movies rather than horrible sci-fi/horror flicks made for $50.

>paying for netflix
>he doesn't know a normie who's happy to share the log-in info

shigeru digeridoo and all that shit

im using it to watch The Killing with my gf, pretty good show

I don't. They give me a free trial every few years. Why so many Netflix shills here?

So I have something to watch while at work

But they're horrible garbage made for millions of dollars.

>Torrenting all that shit gets annoying after a while
You can automate it if you're not brain dead.

That said you're still right, the entire reason people use Netflix is it's price and ease of use. Though they raised the price recently so if they keep doing that maybe someone else will come along with something better.

Why are some things only available on dvd and not for streaming? Also their selection is shit, never can find what I am looking for.

Their selection of movies is inexistent outside the USA and I won't pay for a VPN for that.
Even the American version is mediocre.

No reason to stop pirating shit.

lol i use netflix daily, usually hoours per day while i'm working. as long as you can find tv series to watch, it's hard to run out of content to watch

>Why would anyone pay for this?
You know why.

The only thing I watch is X-files. After I finish with it it won't have anything to watch.