For years I never understood the appeal of this album. It's always sounded so distant. So quiet. Like noise. But now...

For years I never understood the appeal of this album. It's always sounded so distant. So quiet. Like noise. But now, I get it. The way it pulls you around. How it speaks to your soul. It's so glossy. I can definitely see how Boards of Canada drew influence from this.

I don't know. I had some sort of full body orgasm when it all clicked, when I finally understood how to listen to this, and I just wanted to tell someone. This isn't just noise. This is a spiritual experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)
youtu.be/HrXuvDRSwN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, you are wrong.

It sucks and you have shit taste

Ok. Go listen to Death Grips.

If you listen to any album enough you will 'get it'

Doesn't mean anything

That's not true, some albums just get worse the more you listen to them

You finally passed the Sup Forums core test congratulations. Your goals of becoming patrician are almost complete.

Nice, glad you like it. I heard it once and liked it and then heard it like 50 more times.

huh. part of the appeal of that album, it seems to me, is how immediately and viscerally digestible it is. pure ear candy. but im happy you've finally found it.

I had a similar experience with Loveless too. It's been my favorite album since.

youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY

I just liked it when I first listened to it (recently).
Then I got high and put on this album and it was an amazing experience. Definitely recommended.

this seems pretty common, I didnt think much of it the first time I heard it but now it's one of my favorites after coming back to it a few months later

One of those albums that just gets better with every listen desu

That's just Stockholm Syndrome dude,you probably still think it's shit but won't admit it

Clark likes Kevin Shields's guitars.
He was talking about it in promotion to Death Peak.

I thought it was pretty good on first listen desu I don't get why everyone says it's hard to "get" or something

It really is the greatest music created by man.

Didn't read

sorry but Hosianna Mantra exists buddy

Same.
I appreciate it more after multiple listens but really puzzles me how this is talked about like it's a challenging album.

It took me awhile to like anything beyond Only Shallow and Sometimes. After many listens, I like the album a lot, but it made me realize how much more I prefer dream pop to shoegazing.

Given that many people here unironically listen to Grimes, vaporwave, meme rap, it's not a surprise really, although Loveless is disfigured pop at its core.

To Here Knows When. I'm still baffled as a guitar player of Kevin's ability to emerge such sounds from a guitar.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_(album)
This is a fascinating read.

youtu.be/HrXuvDRSwN8
From 4:05 onwards words just escape me.

It's all noise and shit tier songwriting. No different from mainstream pop's expensive production with vapid everything else, except its noisy expensive production instead of pristine.

i think you're forgetting the demographic of who posts here more recently, and summer.

all this coming from someone whose favourite artist is uniroinically kanye west. lol

Yeah, yeah, this isn't exactly a knew pasta. Nice try though.

New*

Nah, Kanye is awful as well. At least Loveless does have its production style going for it. Kanye' shit is way too brickwalled. This is without even mentioning what a terrible rapper he is,