GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
Intel Core i5 6600k Quad Core

Can I go with a cheaper CPU if I want 90+ fps or nah?

no

Give up PC gaming. It will only make you waste your life and make you wonder where all your youth went.

Bump

How shitty is a i7 930?

Depends on the game, some are very CPU intensive.

pretty shitty.

What resolution are you running fuckwit? You don't think that's pertinent information?

This

You can squeeze 70fps outta a g4560 if you run at 1280x720

Would i be better off buying a new cpu?

Anything better for under 200?

Dieser user weiß bescheid

If you can only change the CPU then look for the best that your motherboard socket will take and do a vs. search to see if the upgrade is worth it.

I looked, a 970, 980x or 990x will probably fit as long as your mobo reversion and bios will support them.

970 is probably best deal, 980x is within budget.

You might want to look for a new kit that comes with ram, cpu, mobo for under 300 and go from there.

Yo ucan armchair benchmark by searching whatever chip vs whatever chip.

that doesn't sound much better.

might as well replace everything if that's the case.

more to the point, new chips are better and you could do a budget build and probably come out on top.

I still use a i7 860. As long as 8 threads you're good with modern gaming. 4 threads is obsolete no matter how much people say "muh i5 is good enough for a 1070" you're gonna have hella frame drops. You need 8 threads for modern gaming

Holy fuck answer the guy. What fucking resolution are you on????? That would dictate what CPU you'll need. Fucking idiot

Go with Ryzen 5, much better than i5. Coming from an intel fanboy, go ryzen if you're not getting an i7

What game uses more than 4 threads?

I only really have problems with GTA V.

Xbox one X bro

OP here

1920x1080

Only if you use an AMD GPU which does not have Hardware Physix and CUDA like Nvidia cards have.

Bro I'm running 1070 sli with i5 6600k. I only had one 1070 for months, don't cheap out on cpu, a lot of games are demanding on the cpu too. Gta v, witcher 3, etc use all damn 4 cores. I'm going ryzen 7 1700 soon.

What games do you play?

Pretty much everything, but to list the games I'd like to play:

Overwatch
Fallout 3, NV, 4
Skyrim
Battlefield 1
Garry's Mod & Counter Strike

You should be able to handle that with
if you dial back some of the pretty stuff.

I tip my fedora to you master troll. This just made my night.

I still use a 3570k and get 60fps 1080p on ultra with a 1070 on everything I've ever thrown at it.

When something lags it out I'll replace it, but I don't see that happening until next console gen.

Xeon ftw op

6600k is a good option. 6500 wont limit you, exept in the worst senarios (stress testing)

dont buy any i5s they are all useless. but a ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x. i5s are not worth it at all.