Recommend me some good horror movies, Sup Forums. I'm not really a fan of anything before the year 2000

Recommend me some good horror movies, Sup Forums. I'm not really a fan of anything before the year 2000.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0370082/combined
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2001 a space odyssey

I like to watch the horror movie called "Krampus." It's pretty good, good actors, good lighting, awesome foreshadowing. Overall, I liked it.

fucking child. Leave

Evil dead remake was actually pretty good, the box.

>not really a fan of anything before the year 2000
translation:
>i'm a pleb

is that supposed to be a sentence?

I already watched it and enjoyed it

I'm disabled*

Is that supposed to be a retort?

>I'm not really a fan of anything before the year 2000.
GTFO with your derivative bullshit

I don't really like horror movies before 2000 because I want to watch movies that are actually scary. Although stuff like The Evil Dead series are good horror movies, they just do the seem as scary to me as what I see nowadays like The Babadook and It Follows. And I really dislike movies like Insidious because they're just jumpscare tests. Also the main villain in that movie is Darth Maul.

Wolf Creek, you'll never want to visit Australia ever without your Mommy

Fuck you. Jacob's Ladder from 1990 will change your life.
Stop what you're doing and watch it now.

[REC] franchise

i just watched this. great atmosphere and spooky
also the witch

If you liked The Babadook, I'm assuming you like creepy horror and dread rather than jump-scares and flying kidneys. That being the case, here's a few I can recommend:

- Mr. In-Between: This is a weird one, and hard to describe. It's a romantic action-thriller horror movie and an extended meditation on existentialism about an assassin who may or may not work for Satan. The ending of the film is absolutely brutal. It felt like being punched repeatedly in the stomach.

- The Divide: An emotionally powerful film which feels like a spike being driven into your soul. I know a lot of people who've watched it and been glad they did, but not one who enjoyed it. If you want to feel terrible about yourself and humanity, I recommend it highly.

- Ginger Snaps: Funny, disturbing, and scary all at the same time. It's one of my favourite films of all time.

- The Shining: If you haven't seen this masterpiece of Kubrick's, you should. It's probably the creepiest horror film ever made. COME PLAY WITH US.

- The Cube series: These are a bit odd. They fit somewhere between horror and science fiction, but they're really about psychology and being forced to confront our true selves.

Continuing from , I'd like to recommend a few Asian films as well.

- A Tale of Two Sisters: Half the movie consists of close-ups of a young girl's bare feet, but if you can look past the director's loli fan service there's a genuinely creepy film underneath.

- Kairo: This one starts slowly, but gradually ramps up into something existentially terrifying and depressing, and the last ten minutes is absolutely spellbinding.

- Silk: More science fiction that horror, but it has some creepy moments, especially near the beginning.

And some honourable mentions: Wishing Stairs, Dark Water, Ringu, The Grudge, Suicide Club.

The Thing 1982
Alien 1979
Halloween 1978

If you can't get over your pre 2000 hang up, that's just unfortunate.

Here's 50 I liked

It's really fucking irritating to spend time and effort writing up a reply and be completely ignored, OP. This is why Sup Forums has turned into such cancer. No one is willing to put any effort into anything because there's no feedback. Why not just shitpost bananas when you're just shovelling your time down a bottomless hole?

Good posts, Annon, got a lot out of it, took notes, etc.

>some guy who kills people
>housebound
these are fucking hilarious, especially housebound.

an hero, faggot.

Sorry, I was reading all the replies I got but I just wasn't saying anything in response. Thanks for all the suggestions.

>Mr. In-Between
here
Based on our mutual love for Ginger Snaps, and I also like The Shining and at least the first Cube, I'm gonna check that out, even though I really didn't care for The Divide, if you mean the 2011 film.

>Silk
If you mean the 2006 film, looks interesting. And At least liked all the other films you mentioned, except by
>Wishing Stairs
did you mean imdb.com/title/tt0370082/combined ?

Really good horror comedies lately, especially from NZ. Also highly recommend:
Deathgasm (2015)
Grabbers (2012)
100 Bloody Acres (2012)
Bloodsucking Bastards (2015)