SUICIDE SQUAD NEEDS 800 MILLION TO BREAK EVEN!!!! FLOP INCOMING

>Even on the day of the premiere, one insider fretted about whether Suicide Squad would mirror BvS' huge opening and weak legs. Another veteran says the goal is survival: "The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even. If they get anywhere close to that, they'll consider it a win."
>Box Office: 572.7 million USD
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!

They are still making a sequel anyway

DC needs to reshoot parts of Wonder Woman, bring in a Batman cameo at end. Show her interact with people from BvS in the finale when she is in the present or something.

Because the way I see it: I doubt the film will surpass over 400 million.

>suicide squad barely makes more box office money than ant man

HOLY FUCK I never heard of Ant Man being a bomb?? I thought it made a lot

wasn't it a lower number that was needed just last week?

>HOLY FUCK I never heard of Ant Man being a bomb??

It's not exactly 9/11 you know, chill out.

Maybe this was Leto's ultimate prank.

lower budget and it didn't go over budget with last minute rewrites and reshoots.

It wasn't a bomb. It did well. It just didn't make back shitloads.

ive got this strange feeling that people want this (our ghostbusters reboot) and (their suicide squad movie) kind of mentality happening. it's unfortunate both movies were abysmal

WB fucked up with reshoots.
The BVS panic was real.

Only by 20 million, ad budget was probably way smaller than sue sie skwad's though

It made $500m on a $130m budget. It was a modest financial success. I don't know how much was spent on marketing it, though, but a bit of research suggests $10m on TV advertising.

So you're telling me SS spent 600m on marketing? gtf outta here.

It made money. Ant man needed like 300 to break even.

There was full year of shills online, paid articles on websites and publication....it was a long campaign instilling hype.

Then you have the normal shit that comes along with the movie that costs like 200-300 million.

Honestly, they could save so much money trying to make good movies instead of spending in trying to convince us it's good.

You don't get it, they only get about 55% of domestic box office revenue and about 40% of foreign box office revenue.

>needs 800M to break even
>released in august

Holy shit you marvelcucks are getting desperate now the internet review gig is up, aren't you?

Why would you make something that requires $800 million dollars to make a profit? I thought jews were supposed to be smart?

That's because it's bullshit bro, movies need to make twice the production budget to make up for the theater cut and the marketing costs, also the sooner you make the money the better because theater and international distribution cuts increase after the first week.

SS broke even the first week and within the industry is unanimously considered a huge success (hence the sequels and potential spin offs)